Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green cuisine birds eye burgers

Options
  • 29-04-2019 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

Noticed these in Tesco.

3 euro versus 7 euro for impossible burgers..

Having a taste this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

OK results are in.

Compared to the beyond burger it's not as tasty. Seems less fatty and more "meaty".

Still good to see more mainstream offerings that don't cost an arm and a leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Xcellor wrote: »
    OK results are in.

Compared to the Impossible burger it's not as tasty. Seems less fatty and more "meaty".

Still good to see more mainstream offerings that don't cost an arm and a leg.
    Thanks.
    I might try the sausages. They're not exactly gluten free but the dangerous ingredients are way down the list. There is a huge gap for a good gluten free veggie sausage! (I'm kinda sick of Dee's)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Do you mean Beyond meat burgers? I didn't know impossible released here yet.

Quorn released a new vegan burger called the ultimate burger. Think it's around 2.50 euro for a pack of 2. Not tried yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Unearthly wrote: »
    Do you mean Beyond meat burgers? I didn't know impossible released here yet.

Quorn released a new vegan burger called the ultimate burger. Think it's around 2.50 euro for a pack of 2. Not tried yet

Yes sorry meant beyond burger. I've tried the impossible burger in US too which is the closest to meat.

These green isle ones are made from pea protein so no genetically engineered content.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sunnib

Linda Mccartney Mozzarella Burgers 2 pack are €1.85 (mostly) in Iceland, Tabot st. D1, Dunnes do them slightly more expensive €2.09 or so, they are my favourite burgers and so tasty that some meat eaters I know prefer them to beef ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement