Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

No flooring or tiling apart from what you see in the bathrooms.

No patio in back garden.

No kitchen equipment etc.

Basically feck all. Download their brochure online.
    colly10 wrote: »
    Hi, we're looking to get a mortgage shortly and are most likely be looking to buy in Ledwill Park.
    We were looking at a few places when we were viewing and never asked what's included. I just found out from a friend that you're far from guaranteed that carpets/flooring/wall tiles are included in the price.
    I never thought of that when budgeting, just wondering whether it would be included or not? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 edkirl

No flooring or tiling apart from what you see in the bathrooms.

No patio in back garden.

No kitchen equipment etc.

Basically feck all. Download their brochure online.

Basically what Simon said - Not gong to lie found it a bit of a shock as when we were looking at Millerstown across they were saying they way give you a voucher towards your white goods when you pay your deposit in full within a certain time and I think Cairn homes include their appliances in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

edkirl wrote: »
    Basically what Simon said - Not gong to lie found it a bit of a shock as when we were looking at Millerstown across they were saying they way give you a voucher towards your white goods when you pay your deposit in full within a certain time and I think Cairn homes include their appliances in the price.

Ye, I know that appliances being included is a 50/50 but I always just assumed the floors would be done in the place. Makes you wonder where the line gets drawn on what you can reasonably expect.
    I generally ignore brochures, it doesn’t mention that they fit showers but I would think it goes without saying, i thought not having bare floors was the same

Nowadays they dont supply the shower doors.

Ye, I know that appliances being included is a 50/50 but I always just assumed the floors would be done in the place. Makes you wonder where the line gets drawn on what you can reasonably expect.
    I generally ignore brochures, it doesn’t mention that they fit showers but I would think it goes without saying, i thought not having bare floors was the same

I was thinking that the energy rating system really forced them to build better homes. It’s sounding like they’ve just put insulation in and stripped everything else out. It’s a joke.
    The shower door is an annoying one, i’d feel like a fool paying someone to fit that and i’d feel like twice the fool looking at the job I did fitting it myself 😊

• Advertisement

On top of that only 2 bedrooms get wardrobes according to the brochure which is bollox.

They really did as little as possible when it came to extras.

I was thinking that the energy rating system really forced them to build better homes. It’s sounding like they’ve just put insulation in and stripped everything else out. It’s a joke.
    The shower door is an annoying one, i’d feel like a fool paying someone to fit that and i’d feel like twice the fool looking at the job I did fitting it myself 😊

I was thinking maybe those who bought in [snipped] should send one email from all of us with regard to move in dates and to vent our anger at the delays.

What do people think, can someone share this idea with those on facebook as I'm not on it.

Let me know your thoughts folks.

Simon

ps did anyone else notice that in the show houses they left no space for an inbuilt microwave?.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

Hi Simon,

I’ll copy paste your message on Facebook. 90 % are people that bought on [there - snipped]

Thanks Ana
    AnaC wrote: »
    Hi Simon,

I’ll copy paste your message on Facebook. 90 % are people that bought on [there - snipped]

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

I was thinking maybe those who bought in the Rise should send one email from all of us with regard to move in dates and to vent our anger at the delays.

What do people think, can someone share this idea with those on facebook as I'm not on it.

Simon

ps did anyone else notice that in the show houses they left no space for an inbuilt microwave?.

No space for inbuilt microwave?!?! I did not notice this but I have checked the photos again and you are right. We have no microwave almost 4 years now, I got used to it, but willl deffinitely have one when moving to Ledwill park.

• Advertisement

I just thought it was strange not seeing one in the show house.
    AndreaSoly wrote: »
    I was thinking maybe those who bought in the Rise should send one email from all of us with regard to move in dates and to vent our anger at the delays.

Simon

No space for inbuilt microwave?!?! I did not notice this but I have checked the photos again and you are right. We have no microwave almost 4 years now, I got used to it, but willl deffinitely have one when moving to Ledwill park.

Hi All,

I might missed that information, but someone knows anything about the side gates? I've seen plain wooden side gates fitted at some houses in Ledwill park, but not sure if it comes with the house or it's an extra cost?

Thanks!

I think they are coming with a very cheap side gate. Never bought a house with no side gate before.

Hi all outta curiosity how many of you paid 325k for a Sanderling A or Sanderling B house ? I found out today that they were being sold for lesson the open day and I want to gauge prices before seeking clarification from Glenveagh as to why they were sold at a lower price when 325k was the special off the plan price and prices would be rising on open day ...

Maybe they were north facing, that can drive down the price?.

Let me know your findings.
    Hi all outta curiosity how many of you paid 325k for a Sanderling A or Sanderling B house ? I found out today that they were being sold for lesson the open day and I want to gauge prices before seeking clarification from Glenveagh as to why they were sold at a lower price when 325k was the special off the plan price and prices would be rising on open day ...

Would anyone know if there planning on building many more in another phase or what they still plan to build?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

Would anyone know if there planning on building many more in another phase or what they still plan to build?

From the documentation submitted to Kildare County Council they plan to build 430 houses altogether. They recently submitted another planning permission request to change one of the phases but the overall number it’s still in around 400

Maybe they were north facing, that can drive down the price?.

Let me know your findings.

Hi Simon, Spoke to a number of people on FB yesterday about the prices they paid etc . and it has been confirmed by themselves and Sherry Fitz that the prices were based on garden size and orientation like you suggested alright.

Ah least you got to the bottom of it. Thanks for letting me know
    Hi Simon, Spoke to a number of people on FB yesterday about the prices they paid etc . and it has been confirmed by themselves and Sherry Fitz that the prices were based on garden size and orientation like you suggested alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pat150

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has the measurements to a Sanderling (A) living room? I have bought in the area but misplaced these measurements.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Pat150 wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has the measurements to a Sanderling (A) living room? I have bought in the area but misplaced these measurements.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think anyone has the measurements as Glenveagh says we will be able to take measurements only, once we are called for snagging.
    Alternatively I would suggest you to arrange a viewing with Sherry Fitzgerald , one of the show house is the Sanderling A and get your own measurement when you are there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pat150

Hi,

I don't think anyone has the measurements as Glenveagh says we will be able to take measurements only, once we are called for snagging.
    Alternatively I would suggest you to arrange a viewing with Sherry Fitzgerald , one of the show house is the Sanderling A and get your own measurement when you are there. :)

Cool, thanks Andrea

The latest update I got today is below:

"We are getting close but just awaiting practical completion confirmation. ESB were installing meters this week and completing works, followed by the testing and commissioning. It will be any day now and as soon as I hear, I'll reach out to you.

Sorry Im still not in a position to confirm a day / further details, but still expecting by end of month."

Also the mains water is in already. There was water in the showhouse and secondly they were using the mains water supply to water the grass after they laid it down just before the show houses opened.

Anyone know when the second phase is due to begin? We just missed out on the last. Far prefer Ledwill Park to anywhere else we seen

Probably best to get in touch with Sherry Fitzgerald in Maynooth.
    Anyone know when the second phase is due to begin? We just missed out on the last. Far prefer Ledwill Park to anywhere else we seen

How's everyone getting on with their snagging??.

We will do the snagging on Thursday morning. So far what I know from our future neighbour :) is their snagging went well, no major issues, just little bits and pieces like touching up paint or small chips that needed filling and repainting. They were very happy with everything.

Did you get yours done? How was it?

Hi Andrea,

I got mine done wednesday of last week. About 6 pages of snag condo. Mostly all cosmetic and nothing major thankfully. The house wasnt ready at the time and there was no water or electricity so will have to go again to test that. Apart from that all good.

Getting close now. Good luck on Thursday.

We will do the snagging on Thursday morning. So far what I know from our future neighbour :) is their snagging went well, no major issues, just little bits and pieces like touching up paint or small chips that needed filling and repainting. They were very happy with everything.

Did you get yours done? How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Hi Andrea,

I got mine done wednesday of last week. About 6 pages of snagging. Mostly all cosmetic and nothing major thankfully. The house wasnt ready at the time and there was no water or electricity so will have to go again to test that. Apart from that all good.

Getting close now. Good luck on Thursday.

I'm so jealous of ye all. Patiently waiting on Phase 2 :(

• Advertisement

I'm so jealous of ye all. Patiently waiting on Phase 2 :(

I’m the same, fairly frustrating, hopefully not much longer to wait

Advertisement