Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London **16th March 2019**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Well it looks to be sold out already

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DATABOY

rob316 wrote: »
    There gone. If you don't have fight club you have no hope. Only other option is pay twice price on reseller sites

Got tickets today and it wasn't too difficult. There's always hope bud

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has anyone ever ordered tickets through Stubhub? Managed to get two from there that weren't too overpriced (Was a late birthday present bought spur of moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever ordered tickets through Stubhub? Managed to get two from there that weren't too overpriced (Was a late birthday present bought spur of moment).

I have but not for an MMA event. Gotten them a few times for football matches, never had a problem. Well apart from being gouged with prices. :D

Ah yeah, it was a special birthday for the brother so I didn't mind about the price. (Also I get to go with :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ian Heinisch is stepping in to fight Tom Breese. Should be a good fight. There is a poster here who is friends with Ian, I can't remember who it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Autecher wrote: »
    Ian Heinisch is stepping in to fight Tom Breese. Should be a good fight. There is a poster here who is friends with Ian, I can't remember who it is though.

Ah man, that card is absolutely brilliant for a European event.

I’m so jealous! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah man, that card is absolutely brilliant for a European event.

I’m so jealous! :(

Also extremely jealous - wish I'd sorted tickets.

Where is a good area to stay the night that is not too far from the 02? Going to fly in Saturday morning and out Sunday evening from Gatwick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Autecher wrote: »

WHELO 79??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

akelly02 wrote: »
    WHELO 79??

No it's not me, it was Tiree Terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Where is a good area to stay the night that is not too far from the 02? Going to fly in Saturday morning and out Sunday evening from Gatwick

The O2 is a bit out of the way. Better off getting somewhere on one of the tube lines that goes directly out to North Greenwich

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Sorted tickets on toutless today, any ideas for cheapest accommodation lads never been to London at all. Boston New York And Vegas but a UFC London virgin.

Card has shaped up lovely.

Sorted tickets on toutless today, any ideas for cheapest accommodation lads never been to London at all. Boston New York And Vegas but a UFC London virgin.

Card has shaped up lovely.

I'm heading over with 3 mates, got a 4 bed private in generator hostel London. 268 for two nights between us. Very central, right beside St Pancras.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm heading over with 3 mates, got a 4 bed private in generator hostel London. 268 for two nights between us. Very central, right beside St Pancras.

Is that a form just for your own group? There’s 2 of us going trying to keep as cheap as possible.

Is that a form just for your own group? There’s 2 of us going trying to keep as cheap as possible.

Yeah, 4 man private dorm with a private bathroom.

Have look on the generator site itself as opposed to booking.com. Booking.com was showing nothing available for me. The generator site let's you book and pay at property.

Was considering a hotel but any hotel around the centre if London was either already booked, an absolute kip, or too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kessler3000

If you're not fussed on staying in central London, then you could do worse than Croydon. I've done it for UFC as it's considerably cheaper to stay there and handy. It's on the train line from Gatwick that goes into Victoria in central London so you'll be travelling through it anyway. It's 15 minutes on the train from Gatwick. East Croydon is the train station. Premier Inn is a one minute walk at £58 a room for the night. Travelodge is a 3 minute walk at £48. Plenty of others.

For the O2, it'll take you half an hour. Regular trains every 5-10 minutes to London Bridge. Journey is 17 minutes. Then the tube to North Greenwich for the O2 is 8 minutes. The only thing is you'd want to get the last fast train back from London Bridge that night at 00:17, otherwise it'd be a long enough bus. The UFC should finish by 11pm so you'll have time. There's plenty of pubs, clubs, restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the train station in Croydon and you could easily get the train to central London on the Sunday.

Lads for those more experienced with London than I am, is there a convenient place to try and catch the Ireland v Wales game before the event?

As it stands Joe Duffy looks to be early in the prelims so it could be a matter of deciding to watch either the Duffy fight or the Ireland match. I'll probably be the only one in my party who would prefer the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah, 4 man private dorm with a private bathroom.

Have look on the generator site itself as opposed to booking.com. Booking.com was showing nothing available for me. The generator site let's you book and pay at property.

Was considering a hotel but any hotel around the centre if London was either already booked, an absolute kip, or too expensive.

Mate give the generator a call just to make sure your rooms sound, they stung me and a few as being overbooked before for a concert!!

ASOT wrote: »
    Mate give the generator a call just to make sure your rooms sound, they stung me and a few as being overbooked before for a concert!!

Really yeah? That's not ideal. What did yous end up doing? I'll send them an email. Sound for the heads up.

• Advertisement

Really yeah? That's not ideal. What did yous end up doing? I'll send them an email. Sound for the heads up.

We just booked an airbnb last minute; to be honest it worked out better but the stress wasnt ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

dulux99 wrote:
    Lads for those more experienced with London than I am, is there a convenient place to try and catch the Ireland v Wales game before the event?

There's a pub contained within the O2 itself that I went to last year for the IREvENG and it was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

dulux99 wrote: »

As it stands Joe Duffy looks to be early in the prelims so it could be a matter of deciding to watch either the Duffy fight or the Ireland match. I'll probably be the only one in my party who would prefer the fight.
    They haven't set the bout order yet. I reckon he'll definitely be further up the card. Himself and Diakiese both have a little bit of name recognition and it has the potential to be an exciting fight so I'd imagine they'll be at least half way up the card. I could see them being the prelim headliner or main card opener.

They haven't set the bout order yet. I reckon he'll definitely be further up the card. Himself and Diakiese both have a little bit of name recognition and it has the potential to be an exciting fight so I'd imagine they'll be at least half way up the card. I could see them being the prelim headliner or main card opener.

Yeah I think your right. Even so, I want as little clash as possible between the rugby and the fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

tickets dear for this fight??

akelly02 wrote: »
    tickets dear for this fight??

Its sold out and tickets are over 250e on the resale sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone receive their tickets yet?

rob316 wrote: »
    Anyone receive their tickets yet?

Not yet!

dulux99 wrote: »
    Not yet!

I got my e tickets the other day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Here is the main card running order, it's this way on the UFC website too but taking a screenshot is much easier on google.

At a guess I'd say Duffy will be headlining the prelims.

cf5569eb-1476-47f0-978a-8efc87f01451.png

Advertisement