Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegan alternatives - Hellman's Vegan Mayonnaise

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Hunky dory cheese & onion crisps are vegan as far as I’m aware..

I contacted the manufacturer who confirmed they contain milk and are not suitable for vegans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I contacted the manufacturer who confirmed they contain milk and are not suitable for vegans.

I wonder have they updated this so?

Don't think so!

Got the same response about King crisps also by the way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maybe they mean the may contain makes it not suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

I wonder have they updated this so?

That looks vegan to me.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

I think it means that there's no milk in the recipe but it goes through the same production process as other products that do contain milk meaning there are traces of milk in this product as a result. That was my assumption up until now. All I know about Hunky Dory's and King cheese and onion is that I contacted them and asked and was told they were not suitable for vegans as "they contain milk".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think it means that there's no milk in the recipe but it goes through the same production process as other products that do contain milk meaning there are traces of milk in this product as a result. That was my assumption up until now. All I know about Hunky Dory's and King cheese and onion is that I contacted them and asked and was told they were not suitable for vegans as "they contain milk".

Yes

Oreos are the same

Worztron wrote: »
    That looks vegan to me.

Exactly what I would of thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Exactly what I would of thought.

It's purely for legal/regulation reasons that it can't be labelled vegan. The intention is not there to have cow milk, nor is it money going to a cow milk product so it should be fine.

The magnums are on sale too I think. And tofu etc. The Beyond burgers are in with the meat so you may not have seen them. They are also only in the larger tescos like Clearwater, Navan Road etc.

Thank you for letting me know about vegan Magnums. They are unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No problem, they are amazing all right. Shocked how well they did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Can anyone get Hellman's Vegan Mayonnaise in Aldi's still or was it just a promotion - it has never reappeared in mine?!

Can anyone get Hellman's Vegan Mayonnaise in Aldi's still or was it just a promotion - it has never reappeared in mine?!

Hi adelcrowsmel. I've never looked for it but I think Tesco also sell it.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Some Supervalu's too.

& dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Thank you for letting me know about vegan Magnums. They are unbelievable!

And no soya, I see. They are a rare treat.

Does it mean they’re now a source of protein? :D

I tried Hellman's Vegan Mayo a few months back - it tastes just like the regular mayo when I had before going vegan. Kudos to Hellman's.

Advertisement