Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching the big cat who has just come in from the rain assiduously washing, or rather drying himself off... Now his sister has joined in....so there is now a great furry heap of cats ,,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

huhuhuhuhuhu
    a colleague sent me an image file today called DoubleEntryShots.jpg
    it's totally related to work, but I'm surprised that alarms haven't gone off in IT and my machine confiscated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

The smile a little note of thanks gives.

Mrs S sometimes knits little hats for premature babies, for use in Neonatal Intensive Care Units in Dublin and Belfast. A 'wee note' came today with a photo of a baby wearing one of her hats. Nice thought and I'll benefit from the smile it brought.

We should all make an effort to thank people. It so often is an intention that goes unfulfilled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night :eek: :D

Have you got a Pussycat gif for this? :D
    Hope all goes well Uncle Seph

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just became an uncle again for the second time in almost a month :D Beautiful little boy :D, so happy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Just became an uncle again for the second time in almost a month :D Beautiful little boy :D, so happy for them.

Congratulations!! :)

TH that my nearest and dearest drive me up the walls a lot of the time, but when I really need them they are there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

There's this lovely new girl at work who compliments me every day, whether it's my hair or a skirt I'm wearing or my eyelashes or whatever. Today she told me my skin was fabulous and we girly-chatted about our favourite skincare products for about an hour.

I was glowing leaving the office and it made me realise how much of a lovely, selfless and totally effortless thing it is to be that person that pays compliments to the people around them every chance they get. It's like injecting a little ray of sunshine into someone's day. I'm going to try to do that more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Game Night at the cinema this evening. It was very funny.

Bambi985 wrote: »
    There's this lovely new girl at work who compliments me every day, whether it's my hair or a skirt I'm wearing or my eyelashes or whatever. Today she told me my skin was fabulous and we girly-chatted about our favourite skincare products for about an hour.

I was glowing leaving the office and it made me realise how much of a lovely, selfless and totally effortless thing it is to be that person that pays compliments to the people around them every chance they get. It's like injecting a little ray of sunshine into someone's day. I'm going to try to do that more :)

Lovely post to start the day; thank you.

Happy to be here with so many lovely folk. Missed all this so much when I had no electricity etc. THANK YOU!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Exactly 2 years ago I was cuddling my firstborn son for the first time in the birth centre after he became the best Easter egg ever! Happy birthday little dude :)

Happy and relieved that when I steeled myself to call a garage re the car , the man was kindness itself and so helpful.

Had got very complicated here on the island so am happy indeed.

Happy i can thus rest today as I seem to be "bugged"... nasty! But snug now. Listening to occasional hail showers ..

Exactly 2 years ago I was cuddling my firstborn son for the first time in the birth centre after he became the best Easter egg ever! Happy birthday little dude :)

If there is an award for the happiest post;YOU WON! Tears in my eyes

It just gets better...I'm on roll.
    Did Tax returns online Monday night just out of habit, as we had no addition medical or such to claim for 2017.
    This morning I'm informed that a refund of €2004 is on its way to the bank account.

And found €40 in the pocket of a coat I put on this morning.

Drinks are on me.

Drinks are on me.

^^^ Happy about this

A pint of the finest golden ale so please :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

The smell of fresh cut grass, and I say that as someone with chronic asthma and bad hay-fever. It just makes me so happy! However, the thought of cutting my own grass does not make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

It just gets better...I'm on roll.
    Did Tax returns online Monday night just out of habit, as we had no addition medical or such to claim for 2017.
    This morning I'm informed that a refund of €2004 is on its way to the bank account.

And found €40 in the pocket of a coat I put on this morning.

Drinks are on me.

Unexpected money is the best thing ever.

Reminds me of two years ago when I decided to open one of those dreaded HMRC letters that had been sitting on the hall table for weeks on end. A cheque for £1200 was sitting inside it! Best feeling ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

erica74 wrote: »
    The smell of fresh cut grass, and I say that as someone with chronic asthma and bad hay-fever. It just makes me so happy! However, the thought of cutting my own grass does not make me happy.

Is it filling up your senses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Unexpected money is the best thing ever.

I still remember the moment I discovered that 7 months of my allowance was backdated to my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I still remember the moment I discovered that 7 months of my allowance was backdated to my bank account.

Allowance? As in, an allowance from your parents?

• Advertisement

TX for this. Been trying to get DSP to catch with payments they owe me . There is hope!

AND I got the news re my small annual UK pension increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Allowance? As in, an allowance from your parents?

Disability allowance. I don't have any severe disability, but since I have ASD, I was able to get the DA.

Holding my little nephew, hes tiny and would nearly fit into the palm of your hand, he grabbed hold of one of my fingers :3.

Holding my little nephew, hes tiny and would nearly fit into the palm of your hand, he grabbed hold of one of my fingers :3.

It's something very special, isn't it?
    Congratulations.

That pint was getting warm, so I had to drink it for you.
    🍺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Congrats !! :):)

Disability allowance. I don't have any severe disability, but since I have ASD, I was able to get the DA.

Well, extra thanks to you.. Reminded me I can now email them so when I checked the account on the phone just now an extra payment is in that bears no resemblance to usual amount... ;)

All the so called small things that are great.. bed, hwb, food,a bright moon riding high in a cloud dappled sky.... Toast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Having Gladys Knight and the Pips song midnight train to Georgia stuck in my head in work for the second day in a row. Singing it away to myself in my head and letting out the odd choo choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

came in to work to find an easter egg on my desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

came in to work to find an easter egg on my desk.

I have 95 Lindt bunnies in the boot of my car to go on people's desks this evening.

Asked my boss (joking) could I have a bottle of wine instead as I don't like chocolate and he told me to buy a bottle this evening and expense it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement