Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

We just need a low coming north now from the bay of biscay to seal the deal.

There's a week low going west out of Portugal based on latest gfs all that could change

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Jeju

Ugh, well there has been little growth on the lawn last week so I won't have to cut it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

We haven't seen the likes of this for a very long time. 2 weeks in fact.

Oh how I lol'd but seriously I don't think I can take another 20,000 posts again so soon!

(must remember to set Follow options to one email a day)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Well at least she hasn't warned about copious amounts of snow yet. What if anything has John Eagleton been saying about this?

He’s going for the beast to return this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

pad199207 wrote: »
    He’s going for the beast to return this weekend

Was he on the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lousy Smarch weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

For the forecast posters here, might be worth including London in your outlooks for Saturday, there will be millions of Irish people very interested in whether a certain rugby game there is going ahead or not! So there will be a lot more interest in foreign snowfall this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭highdef

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Lousy Smarch weather.

Smarch?

Was he on the radio?

On the twitter

MJohnston wrote: »
    For the forecast posters here, might be worth including London in your outlooks for Saturday, there will be millions of Irish people very interested in whether a certain rugby game there is going ahead or not!

Twickers needs a roof like Cardiff!

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    On the twitter

I'm doubtful that's actually his account!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

For the forecast posters here, might be worth including London in your outlooks for Saturday, there will be millions of Irish people very interested in whether a certain rugby game there is going ahead or not!

I would think plenty of green alerts have already been issued for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

I'd very much categorise myself as a snow lover and I enjoyed the events of 2 weeks ago. But as it is now March I just want Spring to get going and for things to warm up.

Really hoping that this early forecast is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

It's a bloody awful parody so, and he's followed by a bunch of RTE head-the-balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

[/B]Yes but I imagine it thawed very quickly afterwards.

It lasted till the next morning but the fact it settled for that length in mid May was really remarkable. Many winters people would be happy with snow from 11am one morning until 11am the next as happened then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I do be doubting it myself

As regards the rugby. Soft snow won't postpone it hopefully. I doubt the depth of cold will be in to have a frozen pitch like Paris 2012. Called off at the last minute. Maybe it's wishfull thinking on my part :)

Now Wales. You wouldn't vote for us for RWC 2023..now's your chance..offer to host the Ire v Eng game with roof closed if the weather is bad. You owe us that much at least:D

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭brookers

Oops69 wrote: »
    anyone with a wedding invitation this weekend , spare yourself the trauma and annoying us on this thread and maybe leave now to get there .

Oh please yes no more stories of how their day was ruined, I cant take it any more, long interviews on ciara kelly about how their day was saved by tractors and chefs....please please act now....

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Ah lads love the snow but was glad to get back to normal , with elderly parents not mobile etc. Am heading to Newyork Wednesday and couldn't believe it will be snowing there tomorrow , and then to hear snow will be back here when I'm comming home Monday morning!!! Might have to change my username after all this , on the plus side wouldn't sniff at an extra day in NewYork Sunday 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

No undersoil heating at Twickenham but they have a good record of making the pitch playable in very cold weather. Issue will be outside the ground and in the stands if there is snow accumulation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Are you saying the last event was a non-event?

Mod Edit: deleted quote

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Galway got snow last time due to extreme nature of the easterly driving squalls across the width of the country. This looks a little less powerful so I'm thinking perhaps Roscommon to Tipps might be western extent of the easterly bands, however, there is some chance of a more general snowfall from low pressure interacting with the cold air.

M.T. There was a lot of snow (in irish terms) in Buncrana and throughout inishowen. I searched to find why that might have been but couldn’t really see other than streamers off the NE coast? Could this happen in this set up? I’ve seen NW being mentioned has having none at all this time possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Still have snow on the side of roads and in te ditches of fields around here and it won't be gone before we get more.

• Ah here lads come on!! I just saw this thread on mobile and said to myself please don't be Kermit who started it. Just some random looney who couldn't wait until next winter for snow.

We will be alright in the west again hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    It lasted till the next morning but the fact it settled for that length in mid May was really remarkable. Many winters people would be happy with snow from 11am one morning until 11am the next as happened then.

If I recall correctly that was the same weekend that the 1993 Eurovision Song Contest took place in Millstreet , not a million miles away from my location. While there was no lying snow in my area then we had plenty of wintry showers,

If I recall correctly that was the same weekend that the 1993 Eurovision Song Contest took place in Millstreet , not a million miles away from my location. While there was no lying snow in my area then we had plenty of wintry showers,

“In your eyes...”

anthonymcg wrote: »
    Do not want. Taking the Dublin Community Choir to Paddy's Fest in London and we're performing in Trafalgar on Sunday. :eek:

I’ll be there at Paddy Fest too - don’t want more snow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

For the forecast posters here, might be worth including London in your outlooks for Saturday, there will be millions of Irish people very interested in whether a certain rugby game there is going ahead or not! So there will be a lot more interest in foreign snowfall this week!

Id feel even worse for all the irish people flying over to see it and if it doesnt get cancelled and you still have to go through dublin airport misery and possibly miss it

• Advertisement

Ireland played England in Twickenham in 1986, March and snow was cleared to the sides of the pitch.

Big Dean Richards made his debut and scored 3 tries from No. 8 as the Irish pack was destroyed.

8339003.html

Check out at 56min 40sec on this Bill McClaren documentary. 15th March 1986! You can only watch the vid on youtube..

Advertisement