Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Wick chapter 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Trailer lands tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Official Trailer has finally arrived!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks ace!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Really looking forward to this. Can't not like John Wick. Such an easy watch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks pretty pared back; John Wick is the target, everyone's out to get him. Hope that translates to the final film cos the sequel was bloated and baggy with its own mythology. Hard to see how this won't make a fat tonne of cash...

• Advertisement

Check out Polar with Mads Mikkelsen - John Wick with a modicum of a story.

I preferred it, to the second film anyway, and even maybe over the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some cool promo posters out there today can’t link them at the moment.

May 17th release date hopefully it’s a worldwide release.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another new trailer has surfaced:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭brevity

It’s a bit spoilery so switched it off after 30 seconds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Am sold after 1 and 2, so no spoiler-filled trailer required.

I assume it has Keanu being attacked, and him shooting and chop-sockying the bejesus out of the attackers. Grand so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

A bit spoliery yeah but I watched it and I will definitely see the movie.

And for anyone who does watch the above trailer, the guy at 0.51 :eek: Jesus Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And for anyone who does watch the above trailer, the guy at 0.51 :eek: Jesus Christ!

That's Halle Berry. :pac::p

30hTDcv.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Another new trailer has surfaced:

This trailer is fake.

2:06; he misses his shots at point blank and there is no way John Wick will miss a shot like that.

pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm surprised there is a third one to be honest. Loved the first one, second was just ok. Hopefully it won't turn out like the Matrix trilogy.

New trailer: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6146586/?ref_=vi_tr_mp_l_2

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do Keanu and Halle ever age

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

One week to go. The trailers look good - lots of guns, people being shot in the head, knife fights, explosions, and a bike (plus horse) chase.

The 2nd one was a good movie, but wasn't as memorable for me as the 1st one. Loved it. Razor thin plot, few cheesy lines, fúck all dialogue, non stop action, revenge story line, Russian goons being executed in large numbers. Someone who loves 80's action movies made that film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Anywhere doing a triple bill

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The reviews so far are fantastic.
    98 percent on rotten tomatoes.
    74 percent on metacritic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The 2nd one was a good movie, but wasn't as memorable for me as the 1st one.

Second one was good but I absolutely hated, beyond belief, the sequence in the hall of mirrors. It took the shine off ending sequence for me. Still, the cast and action shots were solid so I have high hopes for this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm going to see it on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Second one was good but I absolutely hated, beyond belief, the sequence in the hall of mirrors. It took the shine off ending sequence for me. Still, the cast and action shots were solid so I have high hopes for this one :D

First was good. Second is one of my all-time favourite films with a great soundtrack. I'm worried 3 won't live up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

It's been getting very good review.

Reviews saying that it's one of the few trilogies that hasn't been a let down.

I just want Peter Serafinowicz back as Sommelier. Highlight of the 2nd part, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was two hours of absolute brilliance in the best possible way.

Murder death kill at its John Wick best.

Rock on to Chapter 4 now.

Season one of The Continental is due first

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,091 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For me it's getting more difficult to appreciate the gloriously simple joys of this series when it's becoming increasingly obvious that it's, well, a series.

Let there be no question: the action here is pretty magnificent - balletic and brutal. The first half hour or so may be the series at its absolute best: a series of hard-hitting, creative fight scenes. There's no chance for either the characters or audience to catch their breath, and the bone-crunching (and snapping) sound fairly roars out of the cinema speakers. It's some of the best action outside of The Raid (naturally, one of its stars pops up in a semi-major role). While repetition inevitably sets in during its lengthy final act, there are still successful efforts to keep things interesting - whether that's the gloriously Seijun Suzuki style sets, or the moments of comedy breaking up the ever mounting bodycount.

But I gotta be honest: I miss the no-nonsense simplicity of John Wick 1. The series is increasingly infatuated with its assassin lore, but to me what was once welcome colour is just now convoluted and messy. One big showpiece setpiece aside, a lot of the film's middle section is wheel-spinning and tediously plot-heavy, and there's so many double crosses and pacts here that it becomes unwelcome noise in a series that was born as elegantly back-to-basics action fodder (albeit with some clever world building to spice things up). And we're firmly into the territory of a 'franchise' now - the
    sequel-baiting cliffhanger made me roll my eyes more than get hyped about part four

That Parabellum emerges as still pick of the litter when it comes to Hollywood action is testament to both Stahelski's go-for-broke direction and just the generally weak state of the genre outside of these vibrant, hyper-violent adventures with an angry superhuman. But honestly the deeper we dive into the Wick-verse, the more I wish this was still the story of a man who was just really ****ing mad about his dog getting killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That was two hours of absolute brilliance in the best possible way.

Murder death kill at its John Wick best.

Agreed, kind of like a modern die hard for me but I find Keanu more likeable. Mad to think the series kicked off all because of a dog. Love it.

I do agree with Johnny Ultimate in that I did enjoy the first one more but I’m Ok checking out at the door and letting the action bring me along... I think generally speaking, the more sequels a movie gets the more you let it take you along for the ride or the more annoyed or disappointed you will get.

• Advertisement

I caved and watched the trailer...

I just literally made a squeal at
    Guns... Lots of guns

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement