Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing

• 10-02-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Guys, I really don't recommend the courses from Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). My experience with them is a negative one because after I payed 1750€ for a 3 months course (professional diploma in Digital Marketing) I had 6 months time to pass the exam. Due my busy schedule I scheduled the exam after a month (payed 180 to schedule the exam with DMI)and I failed because of 0.02 points. Because they divided the exam in 3 parts. A, B and C. If you don't take over 60% for each section, you fail. This is something I haven't been told when I signed up for the course.
    The exam questions are made so tricky and confusing that makes you you think that this company is only about money, not recognition, not awareness... Other things is that once you failed, you don't know what you did wrong because the results sheet is printed by the exam centre is too general. You don't learn much and is a waste of time and money. I am certified by Google and all social media, but not from the Digital Marketing Institute where I spent a little fortune(for me ).
    The conclusion is: don't bother paying any money for the Professional diploma in Digital Marketing because you are going to learn more from the trainings offered FREE by Google and Facebook. One more thing, DMI PDDM exam last 3 hours and the hardest questions are at the end. A really good business for them
    By the time I signed up for this course, I couldn't find any reviews about them, now I hope that I'll help someone to save some money.
    Cheers,
    Lumy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emmaclaireoc

Hey @Lumysilver, thanks a mil for the review. First one I have found online regarding exam.

I've went and bought the course a few months ago however and I'm struggling to find any info regarding the exam online...is it multiple choice, fill in the blanks? Any advice as to how to go about it?
    Kind worried myself now as the exam date is looming and I'm finding it difficult to find the time and to ingest the information..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigblackstar

Hi guys,
    I'm just finishing studying the exam but can't find any information the exam either. Any luck @Emmaclaireoc?

Are you still there @Lumysilver ?
    (maybe you want to forget the whole experience! I don't blame you :mad:)
    If could give us some info on the exam that would be very much appreciated. It's split into three sections, I know that, is it all multiple choice ?

Any info would be great. Getting worried now!:confused:
    Edit

OK! found something - this is from this doc:
    https://uploads.digitalmarketinginstitute.com/files/PDDM.pdf?_ga=1.237021440.1209899527.1443501489

The assessment for the Professional
    Diploma in Digital Marketing is based on a
    formal computer based examination that
    will measure individuals knowledge and
    Digital Marketing proficiency following
    completion of the programme.
    The duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
    A range of different question formats are
    used including Text based Multiple Choice,
    Image based Multiple Choice, Matching
    and Hot Spot questions.
    Our computer-based examinations are
    delivered through Pearson VUE test
    centre network which consists of over
    5,200 centres in 180 countries. The use
    of Pearson VUE to deliver our exams
    increases the value of international
    certification offered by the Digital
    Marketing Institute and provides students
    with a quality examination experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Badoo

Hi Guys,

I've just signed up for this course and it's taking me forever. The modules are so long. Can anyone remember from the exam if it was simply a rehash of the multiple choice quizzes at the end of each module or are they completely different questions in the final exam?
    Lumysilver wrote: »
    Guys, I really don't recommend the courses from Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). My experience with them is a negative one because after I payed 1750€ for a 3 months course (professional diploma in Digital Marketing) I had 6 months time to pass the exam. Due my busy schedule I scheduled the exam after a month (payed 180 to schedule the exam with DMI)and I failed because of 0.02 points. Because they divided the exam in 3 parts. A, B and C. If you don't take over 60% for each section, you fail. This is something I haven't been told when I signed up for the course.
    The exam questions are made so tricky and confusing that makes you you think that this company is only about money, not recognition, not awareness... Other things is that once you failed, you don't know what you did wrong because the results sheet is printed by the exam centre is too general. You don't learn much and is a waste of time and money. I am certified by Google and all social media, but not from the Digital Marketing Institute where I spent a little fortune(for me ).
    The conclusion is: don't bother paying any money for the Professional diploma in Digital Marketing because you are going to learn more from the trainings offered FREE by Google and Facebook. One more thing, DMI PDDM exam last 3 hours and the hardest questions are at the end. A really good business for them
    By the time I signed up for this course, I couldn't find any reviews about them, now I hope that I'll help someone to save some money.
    Cheers,
    Lumy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 staticshotirl

Hi Guys,

I have just finished the exam and passed it comfortably. Just letting you guys know that its a handy enough exam. If you complete the notes and quizzes a few times, there is no way you should fail realistically. I knew half way through that I had. One or two tricky questions but most of them are very straight forward, if you have completed the notes. I don't come from a marketing background, so I wasn't sure going in. Cover the notes and quizzes and you will be fine.

Best of luck to anyone about to take the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MDemery

Hi guys, I’m doing this exam in 4 weeks. I’ve the coursevreally good but it’s definiteky too long and towards the end gets very repetitive! I’ve 1 module left to do and then study them all. I work full time and have 3 kids so 4 weeks will go nowhere!! The advice in this thread has been good so I plan on studying the notes on each module and doing the quizzes.

Is the exam a copy of the quizzes, does a lot come up that’s not in the quizzes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Costadelrio

Hi there

Great feedback, thanks so much.

Thinking about doing the Professional Diploma in Digital Strategy & Planning - would you guys recommend DMI? Hope those of you who sat exams since were happy with your results!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 diddlium

just a quick question - by notes what does that mean ? is that the resources ?

Hey @Lumysilver, thanks a mil for the review. First one I have found online regarding exam.

I've went and bought the course a few months ago however and I'm struggling to find any info regarding the exam online...is it multiple choice, fill in the blanks? Any advice as to how to go about it?
    Kind worried myself now as the exam date is looming and I'm finding it difficult to find the time and to ingest the information..
    Hi there,

How did you find the exam? Do you think the questions were anything like the quiz questions on the course? Any help greatly appreciated.

MDemery wrote: »
    Hi guys, I’m doing this exam in 4 weeks. I’ve the coursevreally good but it’s definiteky too long and towards the end gets very repetitive! I’ve 1 module left to do and then study them all. I work full time and have 3 kids so 4 weeks will go nowhere!! The advice in this thread has been good so I plan on studying the notes on each module and doing the quizzes.

Is the exam a copy of the quizzes, does a lot come up that’s not in the quizzes?
    Hi - did you find the questions were similar to those of the quiz questions they give you? Getting very worried about the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MoseySupposey

Hi, I've just taken mine today.

The course material kind of reflected the content of the exam but not in so much detail. There weren't any 'hotspot' questions about setting up social accounts for example.

The one thing I did find frustrating was the lack of mock questions in the run-up to the exam. I literally had no idea what to expect before I started the exam.

Like another user suggested, I'd suggest using the presenters' notes to study.

Hope this helps if it's not too late.

• Advertisement

Hi, I've just taken mine today.

The course material kind of reflected the content of the exam but not in so much detail. There weren't any 'hotspot' questions about setting up social accounts for example.

The one thing I did find frustrating was the lack of mock questions in the run-up to the exam. I literally had no idea what to expect before I started the exam.

Like another user suggested, I'd suggest using the presenters' notes to study.

Hope this helps if it's not too late.

Thanks a million. Yeah I’d agree you are very in the dark, it makes it so daunting. I have eaten the notes & videos and am still losing sleep! Very nervous. I hope you passed anyways and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Incognito87

I had a similar experience and can second what lumysilver stayed below. Outside the outrageous cost of the course, they only give you 6 months to access the material. The idea of an online course sounds very appealing, however you’re better off to sign up for a similar night time course at a reputable institute with a normal passing mark of 40%. Only after I signed up I found out that the passing mark was 60%, which is completely unattainable. Don’t believe the reviews below from fake users that the DMI created trying to lure ppl in by saying the exam is a breeze. It’s not!!!! It’s well covered up money racket, complete waste of your time, resources and energy!! There are 184 questions in the multiple choice exam but you need to pick two correct answers out of four, if one is wrong then it’s counted as incorrect. Many questions are so ambiguous that any answer can be correct depending on how you look at it. Also, many questions are long-winded paragraphs of text, it’s ridiculous! Many questions consist of 4-5-6 questions, you need to answer ALL of them correctly or you get no credit for the question. So if you take this into account, there are around 250 questions in total. Examples in quizzes are straightforward and only a few of them will appear at the exam. Most questions are tricky and confusing, and I believe this is intentional so not to pass people. To resit the exam would cost you €60 each time, you can only resit twice. They failed me twice, first time and during the resit, the result was a couple % below 60%, which would nearly give you Honours at any normal institute but not this one. Here they failed me.
    The content is based on what you can easily find on Google and marketing blogs, don’t expect to learn much! So folks invest your money and resources wisely, and run from this institute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Completed the certification over a year ago and I'd absolutely recommend it. Passed the exam comfortably, there are no trick questions and the online material itself is well presented.
    Definitely got more out of the course than trying to teach myself or looking aimlessly through free courses trying to figure out what's important or relevant.

60% is very achievable and to be fair if your not looking to be getting above that you haven't gotten much out of the course. To put it in perspective, to complete an MTA exam the passing score is 70

• Registered Users Posts: 2 katestar

I had a similar experience and can second what lumysilver stayed below. Outside the outrageous cost of the course, they only give you 6 months to access the material. The idea of an online course sounds very appealing, however you’re better off to sign up for a similar night time course at a reputable institute with a normal passing mark of 40%. Only after I signed up I found out that the passing mark was 60%, which is completely unattainable. Don’t believe the reviews below from fake users that the DMI created trying to lure ppl in by saying the exam is a breeze. It’s not!!!! It’s well covered up money racket, complete waste of your time, resources and energy!! There are 184 questions in the multiple choice exam but you need to pick two correct answers out of four, if one is wrong then it’s counted as incorrect. Many questions are so ambiguous that any answer can be correct depending on how you look at it. Also, many questions are long-winded paragraphs of text, it’s ridiculous! Many questions consist of 4-5-6 questions, you need to answer ALL of them correctly or you get no credit for the question. So if you take this into account, there are around 250 questions in total. Examples in quizzes are straightforward and only a few of them will appear at the exam. Most questions are tricky and confusing, and I believe this is intentional so not to pass people. To resit the exam would cost you €60 each time, you can only resit twice. They failed me twice, first time and during the resit, the result was a couple % below 60%, which would nearly give you Honours at any normal institute but not this one. Here they failed me.
    The content is based on what you can easily find on Google and marketing blogs, don’t expect to learn much! So folks invest your money and resources wisely, and run from this institute!!
    were the questions the same at the resit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Notions

Hi guys,

I'm doing this course and wondering what method did you guys use to study? I'm finding the videos are taking a very very long time and I'm behind schedule already as it is.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lumysilver

This is an older post, but meanwhile I was able to get my certificate (wasn't useful at all), but a year later I signed up for a MSc in Marketing which I finished in 2019.

The DMI certificate is way to expensive comparing with a higher degree (I was paying 3500€ for one year of my MSc) and no employer will take this cert seriously unless is a level 7/8 or 9.

Good luck and take advantage of the free resources online and after you have a general knowledge, sign up for a level 8 or 9.

Advertisement