Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

KSCOPE250-cover-350.jpg

Amplifier - Echo Street
    A big departure from their previous album The Octopus. It's probably their most accessible album to date as they've gone for a mellower alternative rock sound, but they've still kept up their level of quality and progressive tendencies. They've been flying the flag for British progressive/alternative rock for over a decade now and still exposing Muse as the bunch of phonies that they are.

http://open.spotify.com/album/0lg8l9TUbUDTxzHVTU3lHN

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

homepage_large.d58283cd.jpg

Autre Ne Veut - Anxiety.

Came across this on Spotify the other day. Really good album. Definite 80s vibe, think How to dress well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Black Rebel Motorcycle CLub - Spectre at the feast

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

da107943.jpg

Do yourselves a favour and get your hands on this. Excellent return to form for one of the very best bands of the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

4133239432-1.jpg

And So I Watch You from Afar - All Hail Bright Futures

I don't think there's been any talk about the new album, very different from their other stuff for those who know them. Some good tunes on it.

http://asiwyfa.bandcamp.com/album/all-hail-bright-futures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

the new steve mason album is pretty special.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

The Besnard Lakes’ Until in Excess, Imperceptible UFO: full album stream

dont think this will last long ..get it while you can

http://pitchfork.com/advance/58-until-in-excess-imperceptible-ufo/

phosphorescent-muchacho.jpg

My second favourite album of the year. Had never heard of this guy, until it popped up on Spotify. He's playing the Rhythm and Roots festival in Kilkenny. Don't miss him if you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Debut Ep from US based Mazloom empire..well worth a listen...first track in particular is a stunner.

http://www.mazloomempire.com/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Very good album.

Kurt Vile - Walking On A Pretty Daze

d7467e0f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Enjoyed the Peace album. Some good tunes, remind me a bit of early Supergrass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Where'd you hear it Heisenberg? Wouldn't mind giving it a listen.

Stompbox wrote: »
    Where'd you hear it Heisenberg? Wouldn't mind giving it a listen.

It's around somewhere. I have to agree with Heisenberg....rather disappointed by it. I had been really looking forward to it. The vast majority of the songs I had heard in one incarnation or another but something about it makes it feel too clinical or overproduced. The production is just so clean. I much preferred the earlier version of The John Wayne, and the same with many of the other tracks. And the writing is shockingly poor in places. Kind of cringed listening to the Kitchen Floor. And I genuinely am a fan, have seen them live a good few times and have always been impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Overseas

Debut album from this "supergroup" consisting of The Kadane Brothers (Bedhead/New Year), David Bazan and Will Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

smokedeels wrote: »
    Overseas

Debut album from this "supergroup" consisting of The Kadane Brothers (Bedhead/New Year), David Bazan and Will Johnson.

That's on my 'to get' list

Today to my great surprise I picked up he new Dawes album in Tower which isn't supposed to hit non US shelves till August. I'm glad it has landed here though as its ****in class...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

That new "The Knife" is fcuking brilliant, I love Scandinavian Electronica!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Yeah yeah Yeahs - mosquito

no-joy.jpg

No Joy - Wait To Pleasure
    All you shoegaze/dream-pop heads have got to give this a listen. It's got the right combination of noise, gorgeous melodies and breathy female vocals. A big delicious cake for your ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Cold War Kids, Dear Miss Lonelyhearts. I used to listen to these guys and then they went totally off the charts with some terrible releases. This is them back doing what they do best. Most impressed since i swore i wouldn't spend a sinlge cent on these guys again.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Zero1986 wrote: »
    no-joy.jpg

No Joy - Wait To Pleasure
    All you shoegaze/dream-pop heads have got to give this a listen. It's got the right combination of noise, gorgeous melodies and breathy female vocals. A big delicious cake for your ears.

Very nice description. Cake for the ears - I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

John Murry - The Graceless Age.
    Absolutely amazing album and this is one of the highlights, Southern Sky.
    He is playing the Workmans on Thursday 9th too

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Saw John at the Kilkenny Roots Festival on Sunday. Great musician and amazing song:

savages-silence-yourself-album-cover-press-300.jpg

Savages - Silence Yourself
    The debut album from this all-girl quartet playing some nice dark and moody post-punk. It's obviously influenced by early 80's post-punk and gothic rock but still has a fresh, modern feel to it. Think Siouxsie Sioux fronting Bauhaus and you might have some idea of how they sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Loving that Savages album. Can't wait to see them at Glastonbury.

Pretentious as **** but I love the intro below.

Opr

I had it on in the background today, didn't grab me straight away, but will check it out again soon. There is another certain album that will have my attention tonight. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

I had it on in the background today, didn't grab me straight away, but will check it out again soon. There is another certain album that will have my attention tonight. :D

What's that?

Advertisement