Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Playstation Classic

• 19-09-2018 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys have you seen this?????

Playstation Classic to launch in December

20 games, Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms the only 5 announced.

$99 USD, no word on European release or pricing.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...-loaded-games/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

It's €99.99 - it's at the end of the video on their tweet:
    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1042296784058376192/video/1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

deadl0ck wrote: »
    It's €99.99 - it's at the end of the video on their tweet:
    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1042296784058376192/video/1
    WANT!
    better not be nintendo levels of under production on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Pre-orders open tomorrow it seems. I'm sorry now lads but I'm going to get 2 and sell one on Christmas week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Pre-orders up on Smyths and Amazon already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Pre-orders up on Smyths and Amazon already

Any link for the amazon pe-oder? I dont see it on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭geotrig

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Any link for the amazon pe-oder? I dont see it on the site.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071G84NHX/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

The optimist in me says we're getting Kula World, Tombi, Suikoden and Team Buddies preloaded.
    Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long on the complete list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭Inviere

Preordered on both Smyths & Amazon just in case. I think it'll be made in sufficient quantities though, as opposed to the bs Nintendo pull all the time these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Unless they add in an enhanced graphics mode I will stick to my Retro-pi as anti-aliasing and dejaggy HD filter really adds a lot to PS1 3D games.

Unless they add in an enhanced graphics mode I will stick to my Retro-pi as anti-aliasing and dejaggy HD filter really adds a lot to PS1 3D games.

The visuals do look quite 'vanilla' in the video promo for this, not a scanline to be seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Hi Guys have you seen this?????
    Playstation Classic to launch in December
    20 games, Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms the only 5 announced.

$99 USD, no word on European release or pricing.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...-loaded-games/

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Doubt they will make it easy to add games like the Nintendo minis

eddhorse wrote: »
    Doubt they will make it easy to add games like the Nintendo minis

Actually, a new Vita FW update has just been released which blocks the new exploit. Hmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Cheers for the heads up.
    Preordered from Smyth's with free delivery.

....which was nice......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Pre-ordered that now. It'll be from the GF for Christmas so worst case scenario, I'm not out of pocket :P

Not expecting any huge games on it, I hope they don't pull a Sega and put the same crap games nobody wants. I'm happy enough with Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Holding out for Legend of Dragoon

Fingers_Crossed.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    :mad:

It might be an easy trigger, but no one can help but pull it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I hope they put Tomb Raider II on it, that's a game I'd like to play again....

Not sure though I'm gonna bother pre ordering it, if I dont get one I wont panic as the SNES classic was my BIG one and I just had to have it. PS2 was the first playstation I really took seriousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Preordered one, even though I doubt there will be the supply shortages like with the NES (unless on purpose). Interesting to see what the lineup will be and what sort of regional differences there will be.

Can imagine the amount of hassle getting soundtracks for the likes of Wipeout licensed again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I think this will flop if it doesn't have Intelligent Qube :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

By the time you factor in cd audio the game files for the PS get quite big.... Or so I am told.... ahem....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Dual omission is annoying but understandable given the sub $100 price point.
    Speculation that they may release dual shock controllers as accessories, but doesn't make a huge amount of sense if the built-in 20 games doesn't require analogue sticks.

Personally this is just a collectors item for me, I'll still end up using the Nvidia Shield for Playstation stuff on HDMI

I suppose the really good PS games appeared in the middle to late life of the console, and most of those included DS support, and in most of those cases really only played well with analogue.
    So, if you must play Crash and Spyro, it's going to be a chore, more so as you'll have to use a digital pad!
    Me, I would like a NegCon!
    Only way to play Ridge Racer and it's sequels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anyone got a link so I can pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 27,316 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone got a link so I can pre-order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071G84NHX/

sugarman wrote: »
    I've resisted pre ordering one of these so far but part of me is still trying to find a reason to order it.

I mean it'll be a nice piece to add to the collection but I've the original system along with a massive back catalogue of titles that'll probably come with this. I've also the PS2, 3 & 4, PSP +Vita that can also play titles in one form or another, so well covered.

...and more logically the system is going to be fairly limited hack wise. Unlike the SNES/NES mini where you can fit every game into the 4gb of flash memory.. If this is hacked, I suspect this will only have maybe 16gb to fit the stock 20 games.. and it'll be a pain having to load up only 20 at a time , id want a sizable selection at hand. Then add the omission of an analogue controller for certain games..

I just think €99 on this could be better spent elsewhere adding to my collection.
    If they include a couple more multi disc games I can see it having 32gb flash but that's still not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things.
    Maybe we'll have a way of loading from a usb similar to the nintendo minis.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,316 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Holding out for Legend of Dragoon

Think there's a decent chance we could get it, with it being a SCE Japan game. The storage size is the only reason they may not go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I just checked that Amazon link for someone and it's currently unavailable. It'll be interesting to see what the stock levels are like in December.

Advertisement