Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Deadly Idea Actually..how do you switch between games?

There's a little radio controlled switching mechanism.

The white thing here;

It boots each game when you press the corresponding button, so they're not all powered on at the same time.

maxresdefault.jpg

There's a radio receiver board on the main PCB. You can mod them though to hard wire it to a button on your cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So with one of these and 6 single slot MVS boards you could put together a reliable 6 slot MVS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Looks the biz,
    Where do you get one and whats the price.
    Such a pain in the hole changing boards. Even to have just two nice boards in it would be great.

Master of the Universe

So with one of these and 6 single slot MVS boards you could put together a reliable 6 slot MVS :)

Haha! That'd be hilarious.

Or what about 6 x 6 slot boards :eek:

Looks the biz,
    Where do you get one and whats the price.
    Such a pain in the hole changing boards. Even to have just two nice boards in it would be great.

Here you go, lad in France. He also has a two slot one (I think that one powers up both PCBs at once) - cheaper, but might as well go for the 6 slot one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jamma-Switcher-6-in-1-PCB-/290998614338?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item43c0de7942

Picked up a working silverline cab today for 100e
    Orginal new Zealand story pcb in it and 2 new sticks thrown in too.
    Now that's a deal and a half.
    Met a nice guy too. He's an operator.
    Has a man doing chassis in Kildale too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

urbanledge wrote: »
    Picked up a working silverline cab today for 100e
    Orginal new Zealand story pcb in it and 2 new sticks thrown in too.
    Now that's a deal and a half.
    Met a nice guy too. He's an operator.
    Has a man doing chassis in Kildale too.

Wow! great deal there, New Zealand story pcb is worth more than that on its own i think isnt it?

I got this today off Myrrdin! Thanks again!

I slipped on the decking bringing it through Myrrdins house when i picked it up, the whole cab came down on top of me, I was blessed though for some reason none of the weight hit me! I think the Trolly and Myrrdins Hulk Strength saved me!

Going to convert it back to a Mortal Kombat 2 cab after im done with the Space invaders cocktail im trying to do up.

tekke.jpg

Waaaheeey fair play,congrats.

Midway are my fave design of all cabs , they are just beasts.
    Those boys knew how to design a cab in the day.Monster size with great artwork that just shouts PLAY ME.

What's the story with the tekken decals...is that an extra layer of wood/plastic tacked onto the sides?

looks like its just a sticker but it seems to be laminated or something. it will just peel off anyways.

Great stuff. I just love the design..
    A Killer Instinct 2 cab is the first cab I ever got about 5 years ago of Mitch and it's the last one I'd ever,ever part with.
    I would love to have seen it falling flat on ya, they are a weighty animal!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    I slipped on the decking bringing it through Myrrdins house when i picked it up, the whole cab came down on top of me, I was blessed though for some reason none of the weight hit me! I think the Trolly and Myrrdins Hulk Strength saved me!

I genuinely thought Keithgeo had been killed, it all happened in slow motion! Of all the cabs to come down on top of you, this thing is just a dead weight. Be class to see it turned back into MK again, make sure you document the process dude :)

Master of the Universe

Lucky it wasn't Gunblade! :eek:

Was in Nottingham over the weekend and saw a tiny little arcade in the shopping centre. Went in to discover this beauty, an immaculately kept Neo Geo Lordsvale. First time I've ever seen one in person. Such a lovely machine.

2013-11-01160943_zpsf51cd80f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Myrddin wrote: »
    I genuinely thought Keithgeo had been killed, it all happened in slow motion! Of all the cabs to come down on top of you, this thing is just a dead weight. Be class to see it turned back into MK again, make sure you document the process dude :)

I'd have been around to his home the next day to offer my condolences to his family......and also make an offer on his Donkey Kong cab, you know, to help out the family is this tough time :)

Master of the Universe

Did anyone get that newsletter from Ronnie and see what a Capcom Cute and a Neo SC 14 are now being listed at? :eek:

CANDY CABINETS :

CAPCOM MINI CUTE

Wiring : Jamma
    Condition : great, some userwears (check pictures)
    Screen : 18 inch, 15 khz, good condition, no burn-in
    Price : 1749 euro
    Optional :
    - shippingcosts Europe : aprox 175 euro
    (depends on postalcode/country)
    - new stepdown converter (300 watt) : 59 euro
    - Original Sheimitsu buttons/balltops (blue/red) : 49 euro

Links for photos :
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102Cute1.jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102Cute2.jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102Cute3.jpg

SNK NEO SC14-2

Wiring : MVS
    Condition : good, some userwears (check pictures)
    Screen : 14 inch, 15 khz, good condition, no burn-in
    Including Original MVS 2 slot motherboard
    Price : 1749 euro
    Optional :
    - shippingcosts Europe : aprox 175 euro
    (depends on postalcode/country)
    - new stepdown converter (300 watt) : 59 euro
    - Repaint red controlpanel + repro overlay : 95 euro

Links for photos :
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102SC141.jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102SC142.jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102SC143.jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/20131102SC144.jpg

E2 and blast city's are 2k ;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's quite a wedge of cash there.
    But then, it's a thing you'll have forever and they are beautiful.

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    E2 and blast city's are 2k ;-)

2K Indian rupees you mean? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Looks like someone was busy with a paintbrush on the Cute's footrest and wrong colour spray paint on the inside .

Those prices are taking the fun out of it though :eek:

Master of the Universe

It's getting a bit mad alright. I know it comes down to supply and demand, but you'd want to get your head checked if you were going to pay those prices.

Although after my experience buying the Pony, I reckon he's probably up for a bit of haggling.

I remember a Mate of mine calling Ronnie after playing my Cute which I had just had a couple of weeks and he was totally pissed he had to wait months for the next shipment and also had to pay € 150,- more :rolleyes:

He passed on it and tried to find one locally for less but that was a mission impossible of course, he ended up with a really minty Playchoice woody from Marktplaats with brand new crt monitor for € 400,- though .

If I show him this price he will probably regret not buying that one back in 2010 :pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Eeek, probably best not to show him :D

While looking for cabs over the last couple of years I was googling a lot of terms and was brought to listings from a few years back. Many of the rarer cabs were about half the price they are now. You'd get almost anything for €700 tops.

I'd really love to know why the hobby has spiked so much over the last few years. Candy cabs and Shmup PCBs will be worth their weight in gold before you know it :eek:

Has the hobby just become really popular do you know? Are there loads of people in Europe looking for cabs?

I know on this forum we've had a huge influx of Japanese cabs in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Has the hobby just become really popular do you know? Are there loads of people in Europe looking for cabs?

I know on this forum we've had a huge influx of Japanese cabs in the last couple of years.

I'd say its a case too of the cabs becoming less common place. Do they still make the likes of the Pony cabs, E2's, E3's, AWSD's etc? Maybe they do, but if not, a lot of them will be in the hands of collectors now making the availble pool of supply lesser. Plus it prob costs Ronnie more to get his hands on them with shipping etc all gone up in price

Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd say its a case too of the cabs becoming less common place. Do they still make the likes of the Pony cabs, E2's, E3's, AWSD's etc? Maybe they do, but if not, a lot of them will be in the hands of collectors now making the availble pool of supply lesser. Plus it prob costs Ronnie more to get his hands on them with shipping etc all gone up in price

The thing is, at no point during their popularity in Europe have they been in production really. Well, maybe the E3 and AWSD, they were both 2002/2003. Not sure when production stopped.

But the Jaleco Pony III is from 1990 for example. The Capcom Cute and SC14-2 that Ronnie has for sale there are also early 90s.

You could get the above three cabs for far far less than they go for now that that long ago.

Here was Ronnie selling a Pony III for €649 (!!!) in 2009. In 2013 he'as asking circa €1200+.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29315

So what has happened in the last 4 years? The same thing has happened with PCBs (Especially shmups)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So what has happened in the last 4 years? The same thing has happened with PCBs (Especially shmups)

More people know about them and more people want them.

When you look at recent youtube vids and pictures of Japanese Arcades the only crt cabs still in use are the newer Egret/Atomiswaves, Blasts and some Astro's .
    Lots of them and the older Jamma boards are already replaced by the newer LCD generation with PC based hardware, new dedicated games and non video game stuff .

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    More people know about them and more people want them.

Clearly! :D

But why they sudden interest in such a short period of time? You're talking a 100% increase in price over just 17% of the cabinet's lifetime.

Something happened very suddenly to spark interest. And it wasn't Arcade Otaku, as we had KillerCabs years before that with people importing candy cabs.

Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    When you look at recent youtube vids and pictures of Japanese Arcades the only crt cabs still in use are the newer Egret/Atomiswaves, Blasts and some Astro's .
    Lots of them and the older Jamma boards are already replaced by the newer LCD generation with PC based hardware, new dedicated games and non video game stuff .

I guess that's it, lack of supply rather than a huge spike in demand...the price hike still seem really sudden though.

You'll be able to retire on the back of your Capcom Cute in about 10 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was in Cork for the weekend. Saw the newsletter and I was full sure someone would have gotten that cute by the time I got home :D

Ronnie clearly knows he's a lot of peoples go to (possibly only) guy for candy cabs...taking the Michael with those prices but if someone is willing to pay that its worth his while to chance his arm

But I seriously doubt anyone will be 2000 chocolate kisses for them though. I mean thats like 8 complete copies of the Wiley Wars instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Here you go, lad in France. He also has a two slot one (I think that one powers up both PCBs at once) - cheaper, but might as well go for the 6 slot one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jamma-Switcher-6-in-1-PCB-/290998614338?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item43c0de7942

How about 8 games with no dodgy looking remote!
    http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html
    MJ_diag_b.JPG
    MJ_sw1_b.JPG

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Nice, but works out expensive due to those extra boards you need :(

Pricing for MultiJAMMA is $125 plus $7 shipping in the US which includes support for switching between two JAMMA games. Additional JAMMA Switchboards can be added for $22.50 each (cables included) plus shipping. International shipping charges are higher.

Advertisement