Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest place to buy contact lenses?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Just wondering is it possible to go from daily disposables to bi-weekly/monthly without changing the prescription or anything. Want to do it as it seems cheaper and same amount of lenses should last longer for me anyway. Any help appreciated

Yes it should be fine, monthlies work out much cheaper but I still use dailies for convenience sometimes.

I find these very good, https://www.visiondirect.ie/biofinity , 24e for 3 months. You'll also need to factor in the cost of a case and solution.

Adam193 wrote: »
    Help needed! Long story short my contacts didn't get delivered from Daysoft on time. Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy them 'over the counter'? I only need a couple of pairs. I know that in Specsavers you have to go through all this BS with a test and stuff, can I go in anywhere and just buy them?

How long have you been waiting for your Daysoft order? I'm on the 9th working day after mine were dispatched and still no sign.

Not sure about shops, I would just chance some of the smaller opticians to see if they'll help you out with a few pairs without the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Adam193

manu2009 wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting for your Daysoft order? I'm on the 9th working day after mine were dispatched and still no sign.

Not sure about shops, I would just chance some of the smaller opticians to see if they'll help you out with a few pairs without the test.

I ordered a Sunday evening, they arrived on Tuesday the week after. To Clare. I'm in Dublin. They were sent from Clare Tuesday and never arrived by post. I know, stupid call, but anyway!

Now on the hunt for 'smaller opticians', any ideas?

I ordered a Sunday evening, they arrived on Tuesday the week after. To Clare. I'm in Dublin. They were sent from Clare Tuesday and never arrived by post. I know, stupid call, but anyway!

Now on the hunt for 'smaller opticians', any ideas?

Ah I see, different issue so. I mean not franchises like Specsavers who may have stricter policies in place but you will just have to call into some and see unless someone else here has done it before without a test.

Plenty of local opticians to try in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

selectspecs, i get my specs through there, they do lenses also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

anyone having issues with the daysoft site recently ?
    the last few months they've been taking ages to come in the post and have really let me down but the site isn't even loading at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

airmax87 wrote:
    anyone having issues with the daysoft site recently ? the last few months they've been taking ages to come in the post and have really let me down but the site isn't even loading at all now.

Not what I wanted to read as I ordered from them last Thursday

^ the site seems to break if you try select ireland

has anyone got a similary priced site on hand really quick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Does anyway know how long it would take daysoft to process an order. Ordered early yesterday and chose the courier delivery which said 2 days. Haven't got the email with the tracking number yet so kind of worried as I need them by Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,365 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I came across an advert for this site recently;

https://www.feelgoodcontacts.ie/

Don't know anything about them, other than that the prices look good. I have 5 months stock at present, so hopefully some brave soul will try them out in the 5 months before I need to buy again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

Don't know anything about them, other than that the prices look good. I have 5 months stock at present, so hopefully some brave soul will try them out in the 5 months before I need to buy again!

Just asked visionsdirect.ie if they'd match the price on feelgoodcontacts for 1 Day Acuvue for Astigmatism.

No chance I was told!!

It was worth a try. It'd be a tenner saved on a 2 month supply.

Does anyway know how long it would take daysoft to process an order. Ordered early yesterday and chose the courier delivery which said 2 days. Haven't got the email with the tracking number yet so kind of worried as I need them by Monday

They've been taking the piss on delivery times over the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Help needed! Long story short my contacts didn't get delivered from Daysoft on time. Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy them 'over the counter'? I only need a couple of pairs. I know that in Specsavers you have to go through all this BS with a test and stuff, can I go in anywhere and just buy them?

Just a by the by but that "BS" is the law. It's illegal to supply contact lenses without a specification from a test in Ireland. If you have a specification any optician should be happy to sell you the lenses.

just throwing up a code for http://www.visiondirect.ie/

2423696F

"When they order their lenses using your code they receive a 10% discount and you will receive €5 towards your next order."

discount is for new customers only,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

just throwing up a code for http://www.visiondirect.ie/

2423696F

"When they order their lenses using your code they receive a 10% discount and you will receive €5 towards your next order."

thanks

This still works! Thanks, saved me a tenner this morning!!

After this thread I decided to make the move from Daysoft hydrogel daily disposable contacts, which I've been using for years, to the healthier silicone hydrogel lenses. For my last 6 months supply of Daysoft Silk I was charged €91.68.

I knew it would be more expensive for silicone hydrogel lenses but having just paid €70 precisely for 30 pairs of Multifocal Dailies Total 1 from Specsavers, I feel decidedly conned by the Specsavers company. That would be €840 per year, and definitely push me towards eye surgery. It's a crazy difference in price.

Does anybody here know where I could buy multifocal daily disposable silicone hydrogel lenses of an equal quality for a significantly cheaper price? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 annaboniface55

After I decided to make the move from Daysoft hydrogel daily disposable contacts, which I've been using for years, to the healthier silicone hydrogel lenses. For my last 6 months supply of Daysoft Silk I was charged €91.68.

I knew it would be more expensive for silicone hydrogel lenses but having just paid €70 precisely for 30 pairs of Multifocal Dailies Total 1 from Specsavers, I feel decidedly conned by the Specsavers company. That would be €840 per year, and definitely push me towards eye surgery. It's a crazy difference in price.

Does anybody here know where I could buy multifocal daily disposable silicone hydrogel lenses of an equal quality for a significantly cheaper price? Thanks.

I buy my lenses from feelgoodcontacts.ie and they are much cheaper than high street opticians. You can get the same lenses, I was told not to try new lenses without your opticians approval. If you use my referral code you could even get 10% off your first order 5ZZRKYKW - hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody know best place to buy Specsavers Serima Sphere lences online?

Haven't had any issues with them. I buy mine and my brothers lenses from there, they're the cheapest. 5ZZRKYKW - use my refer code for 10% off (first orders only).

"Every time you Refer a Friend to Feel Good Contacts, we'll give you €6"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Vision Direct referral code: 1550029P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Hi

If my prescription is the same in both eyes, I don't need to order separate boxes for both eyes? I can just order say 1 box for the right eye and just use it in both my eyes?

Thanks

Vargulf

Vargulf wrote: »
    Hi

If my prescription is the same in both eyes, I don't need to order separate boxes for both eyes? I can just order say 1 box for the right eye and just use it in both my eyes?

Thanks

Vargulf

Yes you can use the same box, I have the same prescription in both eyes too. But usually I order two boxes so I have a whole month's worth.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anyone any more recommendations for bi focal lens at a good price.?
    https://www.lenstore.co.uk/
    Is the best I'v found , but still at around €50 a month for daily disposables.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sandrocks

I've just found a contact lens price comparison site aimed at Irish consumers - http://www.comparelenses.ie which looks really useful.

They have a site on there called WeLoveLenses for which they have an additional 5% discount that can't be had elsewhere. Looks like some useful savings to be had on some brands and will definitely save a lot of time doing manual comparisons across all these sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Hi all, has anyone any experience ordering from Lenstore (https://www.lenstore.co.uk/)....

I’m new to contacts (Acuvue moist dailies - astigmatism); this will be my first time purchasing online as I usually order through my optician. I used the comparison site mentioned in the previous post and was recommended lenstore and visiondirect. Does anyone have any further recommendations as to the cheapest, more trustworthy place to buy from? I have a revolut card so buying in sterling is not an issue :)

Thanks

Hi all, has anyone any experience ordering from Lenstore (https://www.lenstore.co.uk/)....

I’m new to contacts (Acuvue moist dailies - astigmatism); this will be my first time purchasing online as I usually order through my optician. I used the comparison site mentioned in the previous post and was recommended lenstore and visiondirect. Does anyone have any further recommendations as to the cheapest, more trustworthy place to buy from? I have a revolut card so buying in sterling is not an issue :)

Thanks

Yes. I have used them both, also following recommendations from comparelenses.ie. Both have fast shipping (2 days) and good service.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks

I am using them for BiFocal lens but still a bit expensive. For standard lens Daysoft is still the best value.I have found.

Hi all,

if anyone is going signing up to http://www.visiondirect.ie/ could ye please my code

2423696F

"When they order their lenses using your code they receive a 10% discount and you will receive €5 towards your next order. Minimum order value of €30."

thanks

Thanks. Although be aware that VisionDirect can often be more than 10% more expensive than the cheapest available. I would compare first before assuming to make sure.

• Advertisement

haven't noticed that myself, especially with the storage solution/saline, but i'll give a look around the next time .thanks

Advertisement