Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

• 25-10-2018 9:00am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭

464995.png

And all was well with the world, and no one had to beat any ex Admin with his own leg....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well that feckup is going to be immortalised now for the next 4 years :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Let's try it again...

2kx04r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Neo Geo Mini looks like a nice bit of kit, but £129?

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/neo-geo-mini

40 good titles on there too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The Neo Geo Mini looks like a nice bit of kit, but £129?

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/neo-geo-mini

40 good titles on there too
    I wouldn't really recommend it, on the basis of its controls. Especially the separate controller which for some reason, doesn't have any microswitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Inviere, you had one job.... one job!

I initially missed the word "chat", but edited it within seconds (it was fast enough to not trigger the edited tag on the post) :confused: - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108443036&postcount=9956

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

shame, I love Street Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

And now to turn on my PS4 for the first time (for a game I've bought and wanted to play) in about 3 years.

M2AQ8xJ.jpg

I thought that wasn't out until Midnight, did you get a copy early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Inviere wrote: »
    I thought that wasn't out until Midnight, did you get a copy early?

I did, but not because it was on sale early somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

What do ye all reckon about this?

https://youtu.be/xokUnn1lBGA

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What do ye all reckon about this?

R Type
    Kung Fu Master

I'm all in.

Looks lovely on the video. Might be a cheapo job. I like the LED lights

Impressive team.

What will the mic on the controller be used for I wonder.

yeah Ive a few questions aswell alright, impressive team is right!

i have hopes this could be good. They are definitely trying to capture the whole "mini" craze happening now. I'd like to see it do well

My wife handed me €50 for no reason....
    Tempted to try accurately modelled horse testicle physics for myself!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My wife handed me €50 for no reason....
    Tempted to try accurately modelled horse testicle physics for myself!

Bought it, none in Supervalu but got it in Argos for €59.99 and they threw in a €5 to spend instore, so not too bad.
    Just have to wait a half an hour for this thing to install!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Priced RDR2 on the Indonesian PSN earlier - just over €42 for the base model. Pretty easy to set up an account too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't get excited about rdr2. While rdr is the best thing rockstar have made outside of bully it's not a game I'd call essential. Also reviews outside of the usual unprofessional excitable chimps.... cough... easy allies... have been a bit more reserved about it.

I'll wait for a pc version or until it's 20 euro. Whichever comes first.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Can't get excited about rdr2. While rdr is the best thing rockstar have made outside of bully it's not a game I'd call essential. Also reviews outside of the usual unprofessional excitable chimps.... cough... easy allies... have been a bit more reserved about it.

I’d say it’ll be the game of the year, certainly if the gameplay matches the production values it will be.

It's gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to putting some time into it.
    Unfortunately I've a splitting headache all day so I can't play it beyond the opening scenes :(

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Lot of absorption of other people's opinions there before actually playing a game, just sayin'...

• Advertisement

The little bit I played before the headaches said "no more" seemed pretty nice.
    The previous two games always felt like I was living inside of a great western, and this seems no different although the jump in visuals is striking, as is the less stereotypical opening which seems fitting for today's audience.
    From what I hear, this becomes a wild West themed Breath of the Wild, which seems like all my Westworld dreams with fewer philosophical debates than the show!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lot of absorption of other people's opinions there before actually playing a game, just sayin'...

True. But I never really loved a rockstar north game outside vice city so not excited about it as much as others.

I've heard nothing but good things from all the lads I know playing it.

I just don't have time to sink into it right now. Very little time for gaming really :(

I'll probably pick it up next month and get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Priced RDR2 on the Indonesian PSN earlier - just over €42 for the base model. Pretty easy to set up an account too

Silly boy, you could have getting it for €36 on the Indonesian store with a discount code they emailed out a week ago! It was posted on hotukdeals too.

Edit: you had to wait til 8am this morning though for the purchase option to go live.

I've heard nothing but good things from all the lads I know playing it.

I just don't have time to sink into it right now. Very little time for gaming really :(

I'll probably pick it up next month and get stuck in

I’m the same, I just can’t bring myself to start another huge game at the mo. Finished Red Dead Redemption a few months back, and while it was an epic game...I felt the final act dragged on a bit and it was a slog to finish it. Maybe it’s just me though and the older I get, I prefer shorter games these days.

Inviere wrote: »
    I’m the same, I just can’t bring myself to start another huge game at the mo. Finished Red Dead Redemption a few months back, and while it was an epic game...I felt the final act dragged on a bit and it was a slog to finish it. Maybe it’s just me though and the older I get, I prefer shorter games these days.

It's all part of growing up haha. When I was in college I pumped a serious amount of hours into gaming. Now with so many other things in my life requiring a good deal of time it's hard to slot gaming in. I do usually get a run of 3 or 4 weeks where I'm taking a break from graphic design and can get some good gaming done

Paprium shown at the party in Paris, seemingly running on original hardware. Could the wait be finally over?

More videos here,
    https://www.facebook.com/ordiretro/videos/296166001220230/
    https://www.facebook.com/ordiretro/videos/246228339583145/

Boxart
    HhENl4yh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Whats your thoughts on these guys? Bit expensive for a mini arcade. There are a few different titles available.

https://m.zavvi.com/merch-memorabilia/sambro-arcade-1up-street-fighter-ii-champion-edition-at-home-arcade-machine/11890860.html

Master of the Universe

Paprium shown at the party in Paris, seemingly running on original hardware. Could the wait be finally over?

The thread over on Sega 16 would indicate otherwise unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement

After seeing the mention of Wonderboy and then me referencing Adventure Island, this led me on a merry trip through Hudon's catalogue.
    I had no idea there was a series of remakes on the PS2/GC from them.
    Admittedly, some of them look a bit off, more like an N64 game than a GC one, but Star Soldier doesn't look bad at all.
    I might add them to the watch list at least, pick one or two up along the way.

Advertisement