Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rework Artist

Options
  • 23-08-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

Been thinking about this one for a while. I have a tattoo on my back, it's about 10 years old and I'm sad to say I didn't take the best care of it. It's somewhat faded and though it doesn't look bad, sun damage is obvious.

I've since learned and take much better care of my tattoos but I can't undo this with any level of care.

I love the tattoo still, the image of a Phoenix and the reason I got it still stands, but it could do with some sprucing up.

I got it done in Belgium, when I lived there so not able to go back to the original artist (also don't want to because over the years I've learned I can get a better quality tattoo for less or similar money in Ireland and the artist wasn't super engaged with the idea either)

I'm looking for an artist that does reworks, preferably in the west of Ireland but willing to travel if needs be. The tattoo is quite large, but mainly line work with a couple of minor splashes of colour, so there's scope for the artist to add to it/improve it with their own style. Currently it looks a touch tribal, which I'm not as mad about these days. I'd love for it to be more in line with my other work I.e. all black and grey line work/dotwork/realism. I've got some black and grey trad style and black and grey realism. Most likely looking to trad this one up as realism generally works best on a blank canvas.

I know not all artists love this kind of work because creative license is more limited, but there definitely is room for some.

Would love to hear your recommendations / experiences with reworks (not looking for a cover up per se but I'd consider it).

Advertisement