Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boy A and Boy B guilty

• 18-06-2019 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

And rightly so

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

What sentence will they get, being charged as juveniles?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Scum

Pure scum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Justice has been served. Hopefully life in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Excellent but also disappointed as they won't see any hard time or actually punishment....

Absolute filth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 laradevire

Rightly so. Although I thought Boy B might be found guilty of manslaughter instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

The correct outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Well done the jury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Tomw86 wrote: »
    What sentence will they get, being charged as juveniles?

Life imprisonment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not surprised Boy B was found guilty. He told lie after lie after lie under interrogation and seemed remarkably cool and composed while being questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Such a horrendous and horrific crime the poor girls family.
    Seemed no doubt they did it, hopefully they get a decent sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Strazdas wrote: »
    Not surprised Boy B was found guilty. He told lie after lie after lie under interrogation and seemed remarkably cool and composed while being questioned.

Did you see the tapes?

Yeah, I reckon he knew exactly what was going to happen all along. Very cunning and devious individual

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gerry G wrote: »
    Yeah, I reckon he knew exactly what was going to happen all along. Very cunning and devious individual

Local knowledge would suggest otherwise, but terrible case all round.

OSI wrote: »
    But he wasn't charged with lying, he was charged with murder and from the details we got about the trial there seemed to be pretty much nothing tying him to it so I'm surprised to see the verdict. Would expect that one to be appealed and wouldn't shock me to see it overturned.

He was there when she was murdered and didnt try to stop it. He's guilty by association. There'll be no successful appeal of imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Maybe it is the amount of Criminal Minds I have watched but he seemed like a calculating little fecker.

Also why should he get off, he lured the girl there, did nothing to help her and then lied after the fact.

And as for life we all know that is joke and even for the worst adults it really means just about 16 years with the usual automatic years off for just being in jail.

They will be out before they are 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The jury seemed to take quite a while to give their verdict which I thought was puzzling?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

BarryD2 wrote: »
    The jury seemed to take quite a while to give their verdict which I thought was puzzling?

Was it 2 full days even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭GRACKEA

I was so relieved to hear this verdict. Ana's treatment in life and also her horrible death really effected me. I was an awkward teenage girl myself and possibly saw myself or some of my peers in her. I certainly saw some of my male classmates' attitudes in these lads' comments about her. RIP and I hope her family can now grieve properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

I am delighted they were found guilty!!! I was bullied myself, so I am glad that some justice was served.

Unfortunately, I bet they will only get a year in a juvenile detention centre, and then time off for good behaviour...either way they will be out once they turn 18. You know how this country is very soft on criminals :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

OSI wrote: »
    But he wasn't charged with lying, he was charged with murder and from the details we got about the trial there seemed to be pretty much nothing tying him to it so I'm surprised to see the verdict. Would expect that one to be appealed and wouldn't shock me to see it overturned.

The sheer number of lies he told (even several days into questioning) would suggest his entire testimony cannot be trusted.

Also, he never seems to have broken down or become upset under questioning. It sounds like his very demeanour landed him a guilty verdict.

• Advertisement

Realtai wrote: »
    I am delighted they were found guilty!!! I was bullied myself, so I am glad that some justice was served.

Unfortunately, I bet they will only get a year in a juvenile detention centre, and then time off for good behaviour...either way they will be out once they turn 18. You know how this country is very soft on criminals :rolleyes:

No, I think in case they def wont be out by the time they are 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

They may get lenient sentences, but seemingly their identity is so well know locally that they'll probably have to relocate - maybe to another country - when they get out.

I wonder will both sets of parents also feel the need to relocate.

They may get lenient sentences, but seemingly their identity is so well know locally that they'll probably have to relocate - maybe to another country - when they get out.

I wonder will both sets of parents also feel the need to relocate.

I would imagine it would be impossible to stay living in the locality. I haven't seen anything to suggest that these boys had a troubled upbringing that we hear about all the time. Would imagine it would be extremely difficult for both sets of parents to get on with life in the locality as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Franko.

Really happy these two animals are going down for this. Was it ever established whether there was a connection between those lads and the pics Anna's mother found on her phone of Anna tied up and blindfolded. Bizarre...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

2 little psychos. Should have got the death penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

A friend works within the prison system, and apparently the two of them were being seen as quite the celebrities while the case was going on. I have to say that sickened me when I heard that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I would imagine it would be impossible to stay living in the locality. I haven't seen anything to suggest that these boys had a troubled upbringing that we hear about all the time. Would imagine it would be extremely difficult for both sets of parents to get on with life in the locality as normal

I would imagine ALL the families will have to move.

Ana's parents will probably end up having to move too because they will be hassled and taunted by other scum.

I am glad that both boys were convicted of murder but I doubt they will get much in the line of punishment.

Boy A should really be confined to a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

....... wrote: »
    I would imagine ALL the families will have to move.

Ana's parents will probably end up having to move too because they will be hassled and taunted by other scum.

I am glad that both boys were convicted of murder but I doubt they will get much in the line of punishment.

Boy A should really be confined to a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

Whatever happens its incredibly sad for all involved and effectively life will never be the same for any of the parties. If the 2 little murderers are as devious as they seem, they will probably have the easiest ride of all while showing no remorse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Whatever happens its incredibly sad for all involved and effectively life will never be the same for any of the parties. If the 2 little murderers are as devious as they seem, they will probably have the easiest ride of all while showing no remorse

Many many lives ruined here.

Did Boy A admit to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

....... wrote: »
    Many many lives ruined here.

Did Boy A admit to it?

No he didn't....

Advertisement