Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
17-05-2019, 08:48   #1
pah
Registered User
 
pah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,576
PlayStation Classic €36.99 @ Argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/store...ductId=1484060


Pulled out of buying this on release due to poor reviews.

Worth a punt at this price IMO.
pah is offline  
Advertisement
17-05-2019, 09:02   #2
TerrorFirmer
Registered User
 
TerrorFirmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 28,984
It can be easily modded to play any PSX games as well, so it's really an excellent deal. I bought one when they were reduced to €60 and it's a cool little thing, if a little flawed.
TerrorFirmer is offline  
Thanks from:
17-05-2019, 09:03   #3
Kimbot
Flaming Ban Hammer Titan
 
Kimbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,325
ordered one, thanks OP
Kimbot is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:06   #4
dave1982
Registered User
 
dave1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,142
Says power supply not supplied in description?
dave1982 is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:13   #5
sugarman
Registered User
 
sugarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1982 View Post
Says power supply not supplied in description?
It's not, it's usb powered. You can power it off most TVs with a usb socket, or else use a phone charger.
sugarman is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-05-2019, 09:18   #6
dave1982
Registered User
 
dave1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman View Post
It's not, it's usb powered. You can power it off most TVs with a usb socket, or else use a phone charger.
Ah cool get you now
dave1982 is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:22   #7
carq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 271
Metal gear solid included as it says on the argos link ?
carq is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:27   #8
you2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 263
ordered one, thanks OP

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8842...me:sku:8842071

great view on UK side
you2008 is offline  
Thanks from:
17-05-2019, 09:31   #9
magentis
Registered User
 
magentis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoors! View Post
Make sure to read the description. This is a mini version and no proper power supply.

It's nothing more than a fancy USB stick with an old PS1 controller.

The NES and snes minis didn't come with a USB power supply either.They can be powered off the TV or a phone charger.
magentis is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-05-2019, 09:32   #10
Kimbot
Flaming Ban Hammer Titan
 
Kimbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by magentis View Post
The NES and snes minis didn't come with a USB power supply either.They can be powered off the TV or a phone charger.
The USB cable is actually included in this just not the Plug end included
Kimbot is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:39   #11
pah
Registered User
 
pah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoors! View Post
Make sure to read the description. This is a mini version and no proper power supply.

It's nothing more than a fancy USB stick with an old PS1 controller.
As opposed to??? A full sized functioning PS1?

I don't think anyone is under that impression
pah is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:41   #12
pah
Registered User
 
pah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by you2008 View Post
ordered one, thanks OP

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8842...me:sku:8842071

great view on UK side
As an aside.......

Why is the Irish site such muck compared to the UK one
pah is offline  
(3) thanks from:
17-05-2019, 09:45   #13
you2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah View Post
As an aside.......

Why is the Irish site such muck compared to the UK one
until we get amazon.ie
you2008 is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:51   #14
steves2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 97
I read a review and someone was complaining about the graphics being worse than the original?? Think some people have rose tinted graphics. Think I'll buy this, just for metal gear solid and resident evil alone.
steves2 is offline  
17-05-2019, 09:54   #15
Peatys
Registered User
 
Peatys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves2 View Post
I read a review and someone was complaining about the graphics being worse than the original?? Think some people have rose tinted graphics. Think I'll buy this, just for metal gear solid and resident evil alone.
Resident evil graphics are so bad you won't last 15min.
Don't know why the graphics are so bad compared to my original ps1 on the same telly
Peatys is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet