Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-06-2019, 19:17   #301
feedthegoat
Registered User
 
feedthegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 122
In fairness to eir it took ages to port my number over from vodafone and they gave me 20 euro credit after I complained, credit where credit is due.
feedthegoat is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 19:13   #302
mooseknunkle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthegoat View Post
In fairness to eir it took ages to port my number over from vodafone and they gave me 20 euro credit after I complained, credit where credit is due.
I ported from Vodafone today and the actual porting process took less than an hour,it was trying to get a hold of Eir that took longer,i hung up after waiting for over 20 mins,then went onto the online chat the first guy kept asking for my account number even though im a new customer i didn't have one yet,the second guy wasn't much better but after nearly 30 mins we got there.
mooseknunkle is offline  
11-06-2019, 22:38   #303
okidoki987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknunkle View Post
I ported from Vodafone today and the actual porting process took less than an hour,it was trying to get a hold of Eir that took longer,i hung up after waiting for over 20 mins,then went onto the online chat the first guy kept asking for my account number even though im a new customer i didn't have one yet,the second guy wasn't much better but after nearly 30 mins we got there.
Ported a couple of phones over from Virgin today.
Rang and got an Irish guy who asked for account number.
Told him I didn't have one and was porting over a couple of numbers from Virgin to Eir.
He then asked me the numbers porting from/to, 1st one done is under 60 seconds, 2nd one done in 10 minutes.
Have to say fairly easy (so far).
okidoki987 is offline  
12-06-2019, 08:38   #304
The Ayatolla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,431
Has anyone ported away from Virgin's 3/4 months free offer?

I wonder if you become eligible for the offer again after a short period away from Virgin?
The Ayatolla is offline  
12-06-2019, 09:09   #305
you2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ayatolla View Post
Has anyone ported away from Virgin's 3/4 months free offer?

I wonder if you become eligible for the offer again after a short period away from Virgin?
it worked for me once, not sure if you can keep doing this
you2008 is offline  
Advertisement
23-06-2019, 12:33   #306
okidoki987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
Ported a couple of phones over from Virgin today.
Rang and got an Irish guy who asked for account number.
Told him I didn't have one and was porting over a couple of numbers from Virgin to Eir.
He then asked me the numbers porting from/to, 1st one done is under 60 seconds, 2nd one done in 10 minutes.
Have to say fairly easy (so far).
Ported over another number and done in 3 minutes.
All working well with no problems.......so far.
okidoki987 is offline  
23-06-2019, 19:54   #307
The Ayatolla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by you2008 View Post
it worked for me once, not sure if you can keep doing this
Had some success too with it. Another free three months. Happy days!
The Ayatolla is offline  
26-06-2019, 14:52   #308
jeffk
Registered User
 
jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,782
Eventually got the virgin mobile three month deal (I think, still no email or text, but fingers crossed)

How do I get it for the three months and cancel? Saying about billing me for a month at the start or something?
jeffk is offline  
26-06-2019, 16:42   #309
_Whimsical_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,102
Well done to anyone who ported over easily. I was 6 days waiting for 2 phones to work.
_Whimsical_ is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-06-2019, 21:11   #310
The Ayatolla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Eventually got the virgin mobile three month deal (I think, still no email or text, but fingers crossed)

How do I get it for the three months and cancel? Saying about billing me for a month at the start or something?
Just port to another network ~3 days before the end of the 3 months.

Then once you're on the new network (for a day or two), sign up for Virgin Media again.
The Ayatolla is offline  
Thanks from:
27-06-2019, 21:57   #311
jeffk
Registered User
 
jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ayatolla View Post
Just port to another network ~3 days before the end of the 3 months.

Then once you're on the new network (for a day or two), sign up for Virgin Media again.
Do you not have to give 30 days notice
jeffk is offline  
27-06-2019, 22:02   #312
The Ayatolla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,431
Nope!
The Ayatolla is offline  
Thanks from:
29-07-2019, 09:24   #313
Fingers Mcginty
Registered User
 
Fingers Mcginty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,239
Hi, has anyone on this deal experienced awful mobile data speeds?
Fingers Mcginty is offline  
29-07-2019, 09:27   #314
Sexual Chocolate
Registered User
 
Sexual Chocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 755
Yesterday afternoon I did yeah.
Sexual Chocolate is offline  
29-07-2019, 10:09   #315
tommycahir
Registered User
 
tommycahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,384
Send a message via MSN to tommycahir
They have a new offer till 16/Aug for 19.99 a month for 12 months 30gb data, unlimited calls and texts with free eir sport till 30/Sept

https://www.onebigswitch.ie/campaign.../plans/results
tommycahir is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet