Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-10-2017, 12:43   #46
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
I'm not sure the "boardsie spotify family" process would work for netflix - with Netflix it's the one login per account and each person in the account would have access to each profile in the account. There's an element of trust with our boardsie spotify family but at least we each retain our own login details.

...no offence if you're into some of the stranger categories (full category listing here, incl. the "secret" ones) like belgian movies, but having seen some of the posts here, I really don't want to see some of the stuff that ye would be watching coming up in my history or recommendations....the potential for mischief would be too hard to resist...
If everyone used their own profile within the account, you wouldn’t see each others history or recommendations! Plus with the Spotify sharing thing, nothing stopping the lead account holder removing everyone and running away with 100+Euro, surprised it hasn’t happened before!
Advertisement
28-10-2017, 15:45   #47
Snake Plisken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorFirmer View Post
Does this mean you can use a VPN to create a Mexican account and thereafter just log in normally in any browser/device?

Seems almost too easy to be true....
Yeah I would like to know the same can you just get a trial VPN say unblockus change region to Mexico go to Netflix Page and sign up with Revolut card? Will it not change back to Irish plan after a month?
28-10-2017, 18:44   #48
ablelocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
If everyone used their own profile within the account, you wouldn’t see each others history or recommendations! Plus with the Spotify sharing thing, nothing stopping the lead account holder removing everyone and running away with 100+Euro, surprised it hasn’t happened before!
yeah, but that's the point - in spotify you can't access the other users profiles, but in netflix you can. keeping your nose out of the other profiles would be hard and even harder would be resisting the opportunity to mess with their recently viewed list!

and as regards spotify - don't be so cynical the BA members are way too nice to do such a thing....aren't they?
28-10-2017, 20:07   #49
ROVER

I set up a US account years ago. Pay in dollars get Irish content.
28-10-2017, 20:47   #50
brightkane
Brightane

I for one would have no interest in what others are watching or messing with it. I would be happy to be getting my own cheaper
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2017, 01:36   #51
Patty O Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
I set up a US account years ago. Pay in dollars get Irish content.
How much are you paying, as i've never tried out Netflix, but after seeing some of the ideas here, i'm in 2 minds in paying for E12 for it now!

UK Site costs - £7/€9 - UK IP needed?
US Site costs - ??
29-10-2017, 08:16   #52
Del007

I use unblock-us on my TV, if I change the region to somewhere outside the UK or Ireland then Netflix will detect it, won't load the film and give an error
29-10-2017, 11:54   #53
EagererBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del007 View Post
I use unblock-us on my TV, if I change the region to somewhere outside the UK or Ireland then Netflix will detect it, won't load the film and give an error
That's different though - that's using VPN to access content from outside the country where you're located, which Netflix have been clamping down on for years. What people are suggesting is using VPN to sign up (and subsequently be billed) from a country that is cheaper then the euro zone price.

Unless you fiddle with settings that you're not supposed to, you get the correct content for the country you're accessing it from. That's always been the case.
Thanks from:
29-10-2017, 14:16   #54
ibFoxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
I'm not sure the "boardsie spotify family" process would work for netflix - with Netflix it's the one login per account and each person in the account would have access to each profile in the account. There's an element of trust with our boardsie spotify family but at least we each retain our own login details.

...no offence if you're into some of the stranger categories (full category listing here, incl. the "secret" ones) like belgian movies, but having seen some of the posts here, I really don't want to see some of the stuff that ye would be watching coming up in my history or recommendations....the potential for mischief would be too hard to resist...
There's a group of us, 3 boardsies and a buddy from xbox, who do this- works fine, everyone set up as an individual user and i have never thought to look at what the lads are watching, mostly cos i couldn't care.
Advertisement
29-10-2017, 14:31   #55
bot43

Do Netflix are still solid on the vpn blocking? Curses.
29-10-2017, 14:58   #56
Booters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot43
Do Netflix are still solid on the vpn blocking? Curses.
There are some vpns available that work, so I've heard. Wouldn't know anything about it, of course
29-10-2017, 18:06   #57
Setanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibFoxer View Post
There's a group of us, 3 boardsies and a buddy from xbox, who do this- works fine, everyone set up as an individual user and i have never thought to look at what the lads are watching, mostly cos i couldn't care.
I would be up for this, any other takers?
Thanks from:
29-10-2017, 18:27   #58
ROVER

There is a greater risk of sharing Netflix with strangers compared to Spotify. Any one of the users could change the password and hijack the account. Maybe remote chance but still possible. I share with extended family.
Thanks from:
29-10-2017, 18:34   #59
brightkane
Brightane

I will take a sub off ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setanter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibFoxer View Post
I would be up for this, any other takers?
29-10-2017, 18:36   #60
unit 1

Use nordvpn atm and no joy with netflix.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion