Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 13:16   #556
swampy353

Send a message via MSN to swampy353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Cola View Post
Having a nightmare getting the three sim to work here at the moment. The Apn settings are not working at all for tmobile.

Will have to fork out for another sim now it seems as I've tried all I can think of.
Am in the states at the min roaming on the 3uk sim, its not roaming on tmobile, I'm roaming on at&t. Have attached the Apn settings from my phone for reference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190612-081459.jpg (160.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190612-081447.jpg (139.3 KB, 44 views)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 14:50   #557
Cherry_Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy353 View Post
Am in the states at the min roaming on the 3uk sim, its not roaming on tmobile, I'm roaming on at&t. Have attached the Apn settings from my phone for reference
Thanks a million. Have it working now so hopefully the coverage remains okay. In Los Angeles currently.
12-06-2019, 15:10   #558
swampy353

Send a message via MSN to swampy353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Cola View Post
Thanks a million. Have it working now so hopefully the coverage remains okay. In Los Angeles currently.
No worries at all, glad to get you sorted.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 15:28   #559
vickers209

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlord View Post
I bought one of theses sims from my memory.ie, Pay as you go Internet with legs 12 GB Sim for the USA. I tested it in Ireland and it worked in my old I phone as a personal hotspot. I am now in the USA and it does not work as a personal hotspot. I went onto the 3UK app “live chat” and they said personal hotspot will only work in the EU. They said I could connect it to an unlocked dongle or travel hotspot device to use as a personal hotspot. Other people on here seemed to be suggesting that you could use it as a personal hotspot in a mobile phone device in the USA?
Currently in Florida using the 3sim in my old samsung s6 phone.
works grand on phone has 4G and all but like that it wont work as a hotspot to other devices .
it will connect to them it says connected but you may have no internet connection with a exclamation symbol on wifi symbol. tryed on other phones and a tablet.
i also tryed sharing it through bluetooth no luck either.
12-06-2019, 19:52   #560
aaabbbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fairservice
You can get them on amazon or mymemory. I think delivery is free with mymemory.

Yeah If they are available in store though it would be much easier for me personally to just do that
Advertisement
13-06-2019, 05:53   #561
landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers209 View Post
Currently in Florida using the 3sim in my old samsung s6 phone.
works grand on phone has 4G and all but like that it wont work as a hotspot to other devices .
it will connect to them it says connected but you may have no internet connection with a exclamation symbol on wifi symbol. tryed on other phones and a tablet.
i also tryed sharing it through bluetooth no luck either.
I experienced the same. It connects to the other phones by hotspot connection. But the other phones get no internet.

I will let you know how I get on with the Huawei personal hotspot I expect to arrive soon. Unfortunately I bought the wrong one from amazon. I bought the 3g instead of the more expensive 4G one. So it might be slow. But the point is if it works as a hotspot, then I will return it to amazon and buy the 4G one.
17-06-2019, 08:57   #562
landlord

Just to report back an unlocked WiFi mobile hotspot will work with the sim and allow you to tether multiple phones and tablets to the mobile hotspot. As mentioned earlier go for a 4G device as opposed to a 3g. My 3g device was slow but worked. Amazon are selling the 3g Huawei device for £25 and the 4G for £45
Yesterday, 15:51   #563
banchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlord View Post
Just to report back an unlocked WiFi mobile hotspot will work with the sim and allow you to tether multiple phones and tablets to the mobile hotspot. As mentioned earlier go for a 4G device as opposed to a 3g. My 3g device was slow but worked. Amazon are selling the 3g Huawei device for £25 and the 4G for £45
Yes and confirmed with 3 UK that no addon required to enable usage in a mifi/mobile hotspot as their GoRoam 12GB sim is a broadband sim as opposed to a phone sim.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion