Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-05-2019, 17:55   #16
dory

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop09 View Post
Is it safe to upload all your personal details?

They looking for pictures of your passports etc.. to verify your account
Yeah they're fine.

I just saved €10 on an Amazon purchase by paying in sterling using my Revolut card, rather than paying in Euro on my PTSB card. Well worth having one of these for non-Euro purchases.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-05-2019, 06:54   #17
irbx

Hi all I also have referral links advailable. Which will save you €6 when ordering your free physical card.

I have one of these I have give it to kids for school tours , use on holidays, Mexico Netflix and Amazon. It has saved me loads in exchange fees.

You will need to min top up 10 euro credit activate.

Thought the app

Can lock the card when not in use.
View and change PIN number.
Top up
See transactions in real time. Notice is pushed to phone each time it used.

Pm me if you need a referral link.

Last edited by irbx; 22-05-2019 at 07:50.
21-05-2019, 09:15   #18
shocksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbx View Post
Hi all I also have referral links advailable. Which will save you €6 when ordering your free physical card.

I have one of these I have give it to kids for school tours , use on holidays, Mexico Netflix and Amazon. It has saved me loads in exchange fees. Also can link card to android pay to tap with your phone.

You will need to min top up 10 euro credit activate.

Thought the app

Can lock the card when not in use.
View and change PIN number.
Top up
See transactions in real time. Notice is pushed to phone each time it used.

Pm me if you need a referral link.
This is incorrect. Revolut Visa Debit does not work on Google Pay.
21-05-2019, 09:46   #19
irbx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocksy View Post
This is incorrect. Revolut Visa Debit does not work on Google Pay.
Screenshot from my Google pay screen. Revolt use MasterCard.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-05-21 09.28.13.png (104.5 KB, 87 views)
21-05-2019, 19:06   #20
Moody_mona

Quote:
New revolut cards are visa.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-05-2019, 23:47   #21
shocksy

Quote:
You need to give people the correct facts. Only paid premium accounts use mastercard. The standard free Revolut account uses Visa Debit cards.

When Revolut first came out they had mastercard as standard, but that has not been the case for a couple of years now.

Which brings me back to my original comment. The Revolut Visa Debit card does not work on Google Pay.
21-05-2019, 23:57   #22
moonshadow

Just checked my card and it's a MasterCard also, standard free issue.
22-05-2019, 07:48   #23
irbx

Quote:
You need to give people the correct facts. Only paid premium accounts use mastercard. The standard free Revolut account uses Visa Debit cards.

When Revolut first came out they had mastercard as standard, but that has not been the case for a couple of years now.

Which brings me back to my original comment. The Revolut Visa Debit card does not work on Google Pay.
Hi was not aware they issued in visa debit aswell. My card is the free physical card standard account and it's matercard card also. Will ament my early post it was not meant to mislead as google pay works for me.
28-05-2019, 23:30   #24
gussieg

i got visa debit back in december. has anyone else noticed that it no longer works on the aliexpress site?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-05-2019, 22:59   #25
Zimmerframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Just checked my card and it's a MasterCard also, standard free issue.
Mine is a Mastercard too and is standard free issue. Expiry end of 22.
03-06-2019, 07:48   #26
paddyjoe183

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudhopper19 View Post
I am already a metal member which I pay the 13.99 a month for. I was just trying to be nice and offer others the free card actually.
I'm wondering is it worth while paying the 13.99 a month? Interested to know all the benefits. Is the travel insurance up to much?
23-06-2019, 18:45   #27
OmegaGene

Vodafone app is offering a free Revolut card and a free €5
Thanks from:
26-06-2019, 15:26   #28
shocksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesno1234 View Post
Have a code for anyone that wants, just pm! Need to try and get a Metal card, I use it as my main expense account and the fees for withdrawing over 200 at atm are killing me Living abroad so can't pay with card in a lot of places and need cash!
The fee's are 2%. I would highly doubt they are killing you unless you're withdrawing insane amounts of money in which case a metal card won't benefit you that much as the maximum free withdrawal with that account is €600 per month. If the fee's are killing you, you need to just purchase the metal card yourself, as referrals are not allowed on boards. Also what country doesn't accept cards? You'll never receive the amount of referrals on here to get a free metal card anyway.

Last edited by shocksy; 26-06-2019 at 15:30.
26-06-2019, 15:44   #29
yesno1234

Quote:
The fee's are 2%. I would highly doubt they are killing you unless you're withdrawing insane amounts of money in which case a metal card won't benefit you that much as the maximum free withdrawal with that account is €600 per month. If the fee's are killing you, you need to just purchase the metal card yourself, as referrals are not allowed on boards. Also what country doesn't accept cards? You'll never receive the amount of referrals on here to get a free metal card anyway.
My rent is €350 per month paid in cash.. So immediately, before anything else coming out.. I've already gone over the €200.. I'm well aware that I won't get all the referrals, I already have 3 friends that have signed up, so I only need 2 more (and one has pm'ed me on here regarding signing up).. What country doesn't accept cards? I never stated that, I said 'a lot of places don't accept card'. I'm in a small town in Spain fyi, where the majority, if they do accept card, has a 10€ minimum. But thank you for your input, did you reply to everyone else on this thread saying referral codes are not allowed when just like them I stated to pm me?
26-06-2019, 15:50   #30
jimmy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesno1234 View Post
My rent is €350 per month paid in cash.. So immediately, before anything else coming out.. I've already gone over the €200.. I'm well aware that I won't get all the referrals, I already have 3 friends that have signed up, so I only need 2 more (and one has pm'ed me on here regarding signing up).. What country doesn't accept cards? I never stated that, I said 'a lot of places don't accept card'. I'm in a small town in Spain fyi, where the majority, if they do accept card, has a 10€ minimum. But thank you for your input, did you reply to everyone else on this thread saying referral codes are not allowed when just like them I stated to pm me?
Have you considered using N26 instead? 5 free cash withdraws per month with them.
Thread Closed