Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-05-2019, 22:41   #1951
ando

Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?
Advertisement
25-05-2019, 23:05   #1952
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?
Can’t find the exact post right now but I seem to remember someone saying that you can just turn off the VPN to verify your number, then turn it back on when you are looking to sub
26-05-2019, 05:15   #1953
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
see post 1737
26-05-2019, 19:42   #1954
ltd440

A Thanks to everyone in this. thread I signed back up to Netflix yesterday on the two screen plan from Turkey at just a smidgen over 4 euros couldn't use my revolut card though but accepted my regular bank card without any bother
Thanks from:
26-05-2019, 20:16   #1955
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd440 View Post
A Thanks to everyone in this. thread I signed back up to Netflix yesterday on the two screen plan from Turkey at just a smidgen over 4 euros couldn't use my revolut card though but accepted my regular bank card without any bother
Edit the payment details now and you’re sorted
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 14:42   #1956
dulpit

Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?
10-06-2019, 14:51   #1957
adox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?
Yes you can use the same account.
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 18:16   #1958
Credit Checker Moose

You must wait until the account actually stops working. Many don't wait and run into bother.
11-06-2019, 21:50   #1959
Masala

Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks
Advertisement
11-06-2019, 22:03   #1960
TheDriver

You need to read the thread, it's not that easy.
11-06-2019, 22:07   #1961
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masala View Post
Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks
There's an FAQ in the very first post of this thread.
Thanks from:
22-06-2019, 00:05   #1962
forspotify

Anybody selling a 4K family member slot?

Please let me know price for 12 months.

Happy to pay by PayPal or Revolut

Thanks
22-06-2019, 09:04   #1963
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
My Netflix expired yesterday, so went into Turkish site today. Used Tor browser ( you can add a line to a configuration file so the last circuit shows you as in Turkey). Only problem was that I wasnt able to sign into my account for some reason. Kept saying there was a problem. So I went for the free trial and used a different email address. Went for the premium plan at 39.99 lira. Took a few tries to get it to accept the Revolut card but it did on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Hopefully it will be ok once the first payment is due.
Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
  1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
  2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
  3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
  4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
  5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
  6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
  7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
  8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
  9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.
22-06-2019, 15:32   #1964
SureYWouldntYa

I see Netflix is up across Europe for the top plans, €12 for full hd 2 screens and €16 for 4k and 4 screens

Anyone know what the price increase is for Turkey or what the story is? Can't find anything myself

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...bers-1.3930886
22-06-2019, 16:14   #1965
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
  1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
  2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
  3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
  4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
  5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
  6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
  7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
  8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
  9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.
someone previously added their irish mobile and it worked no problem to renew their sub via turkey

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion