Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-05-2019, 22:41   #1951
ando
Registered User
 
ando's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 5,147
Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?
ando is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2019, 23:05   #1952
Serbian
Registered User
 
Serbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?
Can’t find the exact post right now but I seem to remember someone saying that you can just turn off the VPN to verify your number, then turn it back on when you are looking to sub
Serbian is offline  
26-05-2019, 05:15   #1953
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 8,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?
see post 1737
OmegaGene is offline  
26-05-2019, 19:42   #1954
ltd440
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 114
A Thanks to everyone in this. thread I signed back up to Netflix yesterday on the two screen plan from Turkey at just a smidgen over 4 euros couldn't use my revolut card though but accepted my regular bank card without any bother
ltd440 is offline  
Thanks from:
26-05-2019, 20:16   #1955
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 8,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd440 View Post
A Thanks to everyone in this. thread I signed back up to Netflix yesterday on the two screen plan from Turkey at just a smidgen over 4 euros couldn't use my revolut card though but accepted my regular bank card without any bother
Edit the payment details now and you’re sorted
OmegaGene is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 14:42   #1956
dulpit
Registered User
 
dulpit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,736
Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?
dulpit is offline  
10-06-2019, 14:51   #1957
adox
Registered User
 
adox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?
Yes you can use the same account.
adox is online now  
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 18:16   #1958
Credit Checker Moose
Registered User
 
Credit Checker Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 781
You must wait until the account actually stops working. Many don't wait and run into bother.
Credit Checker Moose is offline  
11-06-2019, 21:50   #1959
Masala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,420
Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks
Masala is offline  
Advertisement
11-06-2019, 22:03   #1960
TheDriver
Moderator
 
TheDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,223
You need to read the thread, it's not that easy.
TheDriver is offline  
11-06-2019, 22:07   #1961
Johnny Dogs
Bannned
 
Johnny Dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masala View Post
Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks
There's an FAQ in the very first post of this thread.
Johnny Dogs is offline  
Thanks from:
22-06-2019, 00:05   #1962
forspotify
Registered User
 
forspotify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Anybody selling a 4K family member slot?

Please let me know price for 12 months.

Happy to pay by PayPal or Revolut

Thanks
forspotify is offline  
22-06-2019, 09:04   #1963
dulpit
Registered User
 
dulpit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
My Netflix expired yesterday, so went into Turkish site today. Used Tor browser ( you can add a line to a configuration file so the last circuit shows you as in Turkey). Only problem was that I wasnt able to sign into my account for some reason. Kept saying there was a problem. So I went for the free trial and used a different email address. Went for the premium plan at 39.99 lira. Took a few tries to get it to accept the Revolut card but it did on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Hopefully it will be ok once the first payment is due.
Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
  1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
  2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
  3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
  4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
  5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
  6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
  7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
  8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
  9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.
dulpit is offline  
22-06-2019, 15:32   #1964
SureYWouldntYa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,500
I see Netflix is up across Europe for the top plans, €12 for full hd 2 screens and €16 for 4k and 4 screens

Anyone know what the price increase is for Turkey or what the story is? Can't find anything myself

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...bers-1.3930886
SureYWouldntYa is offline  
22-06-2019, 16:14   #1965
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 8,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
  1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
  2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
  3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
  4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
  5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
  6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
  7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
  8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
  9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.
someone previously added their irish mobile and it worked no problem to renew their sub via turkey
OmegaGene is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet