Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In my mid 40s... Mid life crisis time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

More Pintman and JohhnyFlash please!!!

Pintman, any good exploits lately in the boudoirs of ladies of the night ?

They are not subtle enough it needs to be done with a light hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i want a night out with JohnnyFlash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

jobless wrote: »

Leather jacket, slacks, and slip-on brogues - get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Probably find him in cooper face jacks every weekend
    jobless wrote: »

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Well your posts in this thread would suggest you are either a bull****ter, a misogynist or a person who may not hate women but certainly does not respect them. In fact I would go so far as to say that you are the type of poster who gets men a bad name.

You probably say that about all men.

Met a fair few women like you in my time..usually have been dumped for a younger model and become feminists or lesbians.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Wibbs wrote: »
    I do remember turning 26 and momentarily thinking I'll never be 25 again, but beyond that never had one. Though time goes by slowly for me for some reason. Never got the sped up where have the years gone thing. Twenty years ago, even ten feels like another lifetime ago.

Turning 26 was an interesting one for me too – I remember thinking that I was closer to 30 than 20, so it seemed like some sort of aging landmark which I'd now reached. Turned 40 a few weeks ago and thought nothing of it. The mind can be a strange beast!

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Turning 26 was an interesting one for me too – I remember thinking that I was closer to 30 than 20, so it seemed like some sort of aging landmark which I'd now reached. Turned 40 a few weeks ago and thought nothing of it. The mind can be a strange beast!

I have a theory that when you're 10 years old,each year represents a tenth of your life so far..a lot of experiences and learning in a short time.

When you're 20 you've doubled your life experience and knowledge but each year is now 1 twentieth of your life so far.

By the time we hit 40 its the a bit more knowledge but we're not learning and growing at the same rate anymore and each year represents a mere 1 fortieth of your life so far so the years no longer have the same importance as they once had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭Archeron

I have a theory that when you're 10 years old,each year represents a tenth of your life so far..a lot of experiences and learning in a short time.

When you're 20 you've doubled your life experience and knowledge but each year is now 1 twentieth of your life so far.

By the time we hit 40 its the a bit more knowledge but we're not learning and growing at the same rate anymore and each year represents a mere 1 fortieth of your life so far so the years no longer have the same importance as they once had.

I've heard that too. One of the reasons people think summers were always better when they were young, a good summer represented a large percentage of their life till then, and we are naturally inclined to remember good times more than bad. Hence why a single good summer as a kid could have been 10% of your life till then. Could be balls, but I did see that somewhere. Possibly QI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Also, the more mass you gain would have more of an affect on the space time around us. This would cause you to experience time at an accelerated rate.

The only thing know to combat this is pure boredom. If you surround yourself with enough of this it acts as a sort of break. Of course it won’t be able to slow your aging but it will make you feel like you lived a thousand pointless hours in a single day.

The tide is turning…

Archeron wrote: »
    I've heard that too. One of the reasons people think summers were always better when they were young, a good summer represented a large percentage of their life till then, and we are naturally inclined to remember good times more than bad. Hence why a single good summer as a kid could have been 10% of your life till then. Could be balls, but I did see that somewhere. Possibly QI.

Its pretty obvious really. I can probably remember who was at my 7th birthday party and what i was wearing but ask me what i did on my 37th?

No chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I'll be turning sixty next year and I've long reconciled myself with the fact that I have seen more sunrises than I am going to see. Sometimes I stop and laugh at the young men in their thirties who moan about "feeling old," until I realise that I used to be that young man and I that used to feel old. :)

I have few regrets. I've been happily married almost thirty years to a woman who looks as beautiful today as the day I married her. My wife and I raised our two children hoping that they be able to support themselves and live fulfilling independent lives when we're gone. And if I'm no longer with us tomorrow I'm sure they will except for my daughter.

?? :confused:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'll be a big kid forever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm 44 too OP. Haven't given a mid life crisis much thought to be honest. Look at young fellows now straightening their hair and wearing ridiculously tight clothes and think "fcuk you look stupid"....But then my oul lad probably thought the same in his day.
    No interest in buying a sports car or looking for a young one. Enjoy the company of my wife more than ever and actually would have my head fried listening to the inane sh*te talk of a 19 year old.
    I've hit a sweet spot where I can find younger girls attractive but a good looking older lady can turn my head.
    Don't see me having a mid life crisis tbh because what is the point? You get older every day and you can't fight that.
    Enjoy life because it's short enough.

Less of the personals there, Kathleen. I’d suggest you calm down and stop being hysterical.

Ah, the trademark "Less of the personals" patter from the guy who goes around this website making personal attacks on everybody - usually accompanied by the retarded "pal" and quotidian, creatively challenged scatological posts that were the hallmark of, eh, those totally different posters FlutterinBantam/Fulton Crown etc.
    I’ve a very light-hearted attitude to life

You wouldn't think it with your near obsessive bitterness about your ex-wife on this forum. It really is a sight to behold. Nothing "light-hearted" about it at all.
    that includes my attitude to sex. Certainly not the sort that only does it once a week - Saturday night, lights out, bottle of wine, after watching the Ray Darcy show, 10
    minutes max, only 2 positions.

It all sounds much, much more like the utterances of a repressed 16-year-old who has just had sex for the first time and it's the biggest thing in the world than it sounds like the utterances of somebody who is getting it regularly and for whom it is therefore normal. As somebody here has aptly decribed you already: Jay in the InBetweeners

Fuaranach wrote:
    Ah, the trademark "Less of the personals" patter from the guy who goes around this website making personal attacks on everybody - usually accompanied by the retarded "pal" and quotidian, creatively challenged scatological posts that were the hallmark of, eh, those totally different posters FlutterinBantam/Fulton Crown etc.

On the subject of creative..what is your username irish for?

Very ethnic of you I must say...do you have a beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Such jealousy here for the JohnnyFlash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

You probably say that about all men.

Met a fair few women like you in my time..usually have been dumped for a younger model and become feminists or lesbians.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

You couldn't be more wrong.

TomSweeney wrote:
    Such jealousy here for the JohnnyFlash!!

You'll find the beta male is always a jealous creature.

Most of them spend the day stalking people on FB hoping somebody will one day sort them out with a soapy tit shandy.

I don't know much about Johnny here but I suspect he's a similar sort of gent to myself..bow legged,arrogant gait,a prominent midsection and a dick like a baby's arm holding an orange.

I'm an equal opportunities sort of a chap too..even ugly ladies need loving and after a few cans of special brew I'm only to happy to give it to them.
    Break hearts and empty knickers..if you get my drift.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Its pretty obvious really. I can probably remember who was at my 7th birthday party and what i was wearing but ask me what i did on my 37th?

No chance.
    Maybe that's why time goes so slowly for me T? I can't recall anything of my 7th birthday, or 8th or 15th, save for a couple of drawer curling photos of what feels like someone else entirely, but I'd have much more recall of my 37th and increasing recall of each year until this one. My life memory seems to have a limit at any one time. So every few years, or after a period of stasis in some part of my life, change or time happens and I reset. The stuff of before feels a bit like somebody else's memories if you know what I mean?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I suspect he's a similar sort of gent to myself..bow legged,arrogant gait,a prominent midsection and a dick like a baby's arm holding an orange

With a clean shaven face? You see a silly amount of unkempt scraggly beards these days. Really unsightly.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

usually accompanied by the retarded "pal"

There is really no need for that sort of language. There are a number of users of this site with special needs. Obviously nothing too severe but I doubt they’d appreciate what you said.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Buy a Ferrari

Georgie Burgess some young one on the bonnet.

Mid life crisis over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You'll find the beta male is always a jealous creature.

Most of them spend the day stalking people on FB hoping somebody will one day sort them out with a soapy tit shandy.

I don't know much about Johnny here but I suspect he's a similar sort of gent to myself..bow legged,arrogant gait,a prominent midsection and a dick like a baby's arm holding an orange.

I'm an equal opportunities sort of a chap too..even ugly ladies need loving and after a few cans of special brew I'm only to happy to give it to them.
    Break hearts and empty knickers..if you get my drift.

Very accurate description, Emmet. The old midsection has become a bit more pronounced recently - 8 pints of porter, and a battered sausage meal with garlic sauce would be a fairly regular dietary choice.

As for my ‘bride frightener’ - no complaints in that department at all. Some lads say it isn’t what you’re packing, but what you do with it. All I say to that is that you won’t line out in an All-Ireland final using a miniature hurl - if you catch my drift.

Wibbs wrote:
    Maybe that's why time goes so slowly for me T? I can't recall anything of my 7th birthday, or 8th or 15th, save for a couple of drawer curling photos of what feels like someone else entirely, but I'd have much more recall of my 37th and increasing recall of each year until this one. My life memory seems to have a limit at any one time. So every few years, or after a period of stasis in some part of my life, change or time happens and I reset. The stuff of before feels a bit like somebody else's memories if you know what I mean?

Shrooms in March?

Buy a Ferrari

Or a campervan that you will spend approximately a week in before it's left to rust in the driveway.

I remember back in the 90s our 45 year old supervisor came into work with a "manchester" haircut and a pair of white converse..not only did it fail to make him look younger it succeeded in making him look like a prize tit.

I used to see another bloke of a similar age sporting cowboy boots and driving some sort of 70s convertible like a wanker .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I remember back in the 90s our 45 year old supervisor came into work with a "manchester" haircut and a pair of white converse..not only did it fail to make him look younger it succeeded in making him look like a prize tit.

I used to see another bloke of a similar age sporting cowboy boots and driving some sort of 70s convertible like a wanker .

"manchester" hair cut?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Shrooms in March?
    I wish T. At least then I'd come down and sober up. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

"manchester" hair cut?

Google image maDchester haircut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

"manchester" hair cut?

Gallagher brothers

Advertisement