Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder weight filter

• 29-10-2018 3:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Why doesn't tinder have a weight filter? I should be able to choose to only appear to non fat girls.

Most of the likes I get are from fat ones. The gall of them. I'm in good shape. Why would they think I'm interested in an over weight person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Release the hounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

More cushion for the pushin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

doylefe wrote: »
    Why doesn't tinder have a weight filter? I should be able to choose to only appear to non fat girls.

Most of the likes I get are from fat ones. The gall of them. I'm in good shape. Why would they think I'm interested in an over weight person?

You must have a face like a weasels ringpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don't use it then. Remove yourself from the dating, and gene, pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just put that in your profile. "No fatties!!". I'm sure that'll work out for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How do you know that these women who you deem to be unworthy of you have liked or swiped right on you unless you've done the same for their profiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

I missed out on Tinder by about 10 years, ragin as Ive a mate living in Dublin riding different yokes from Tinder every night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go 'round

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Go and watch Shallow Hal,.........again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Bigger girls really put in the effort, don't knock it till you've tried it.

Well, you couldn't knock it as such, more see your whole hand disappear, but you'll see what I mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Collie D wrote: »
    How do you know that these women who you deem to be unworthy of you have liked or swiped right on you unless you've done the same for their profiles?

Thier picture is only pixelated. People who swiped you right appear in your queue. It's easy to compare the pixelated image to a profile image.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Probably read this from the other thread.
    I'm single and couldn't get a ride to save my life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

doylefe wrote:
    I'm in good shape.

Pics or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭seenitall

Am I the only one who keeps reading the title as "Tinder weight lifter"..?

Everyone reads what they want it to read, I guess... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Raichu

Found a pic of the OP

seenitall wrote: »
    Am I the only one who keeps reading the title as "Tinder weight lifter"..?

Everyone reads what they want it to read, I guess... :D

I'm guessing you don't use Tinder?

Almost everyone on there is a weightlifter. And I'm only looking at the women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It is not your shape that should matter to these girls.

It's probably your facial appearance. Sadly not much you can do there so settle for what Tinder gives you.......... Also how do you know you get likes from "fat people" unless you like them yourself.

I think you are suppressing your real feelings and have a fetish for the curves.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If tinder works the way I think it does, probably should stop swiping right then OP.

Does tinder have a height filter? If so only fair to have a weight filter.

Nope. Age and distance are your only options other than gender. A lot of people do mention their height on profile and have seen "I'm a bigger girl" on a few too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭seenitall

Collie D wrote: »
    I'm guessing you don't use Tinder?

Almost everyone on there is a weightlifter. And I'm only looking at the women.

Your guess is correct! :)

• Big girls you are beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Nothing stopping the OP putting up "no chubbies" same as female users say "no shorties"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

orig

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Nothing stopping the OP putting up "no chubbies" same as female users say "no shorties"

But its ok for them to do it, just because.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I have on my tinder bio saying no to the following:
    Big units
    Baby mamas
    Tattoos
    Vegans

A lot of bigger girls can be quite deceptive with their profile pics. Snapchat filters and generous angles can give unsuspecting gents like the OP the impression that the young wan he’s talking to is a size 10 or below. This is not cool. That’s like me standing on a crate pretending to be 6”5’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.

People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.

But isn't that because of the whole women won't date shortarse guys?....
    conversely... guys don't want big girls...so we see profile pics taken from a height and with cheeks sucked in ...
    I know that they are both generalisations... but there is more than a few people who that would refer to on dating sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

But isn't that because of the whole women won't date shortarse guys?....
    conversely... guys don't want big girls...so we see profile pics taken from a height and with cheeks sucked in ...
    I know that they are both generalisations... but there is more than a few people who that would refer to on dating sites

Women will go for taller, men will go for slimmer, so the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

It's a while since I've online dated but I do remember putting a full-body shot up specifically because I kept being asked for one when I got into conversations with guys - presumably in a "making sure she's not deceptively twice the alleged size" kind of way.

Don't get why people bother if the objective is to pick up dates, it's not like you can keep up the lie in person!

• Advertisement

Women will go for taller, men will go for slimmer, so the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

It's a while since I've online dated but I do remember putting a full-body shot up specifically because I kept being asked for one when I got into conversations with guys - presumably in a "making sure she's not deceptively twice the alleged size" kind of way.

Don't get why people bother if the objective is to pick up dates, it's not like you can keep up the lie in person!

I'm actually a fan of the fuller figure myself :)
    But I think a lot of people won't reveal all about themselves in a profile pic...or their bio.. as they feel slightly vulnerable... putting it all out there to be judged by strangers and to be found not good enough....

Society tells us we must meet a partner the old fashioned way...to use a dating site in some people's eyes is an admittance of failure of conventional norms ( more so in years gone by thank feck) but perhaps some still feel the stigma... dunno just spitballing

Advertisement