Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hand dropping gets a lot of positive reviews here. Up to you if you want to incorporate it into the interview.

We'll see how it goes :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab

Go on. Take a guess :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pole dancing lesson?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Swimming the channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Witchie, delighted you're home safe and sound.
    New phone app only let's me post sporadically, it's so frustrating.
    I'm on my couch, stove lit, telly on mute (subtitles on) so sad as one of my dad's best friends died last night. It's like another link to him is gone. Fcuk it, when does it get easier. :(
    On a lighter note, I have to go to outdoor school tomorrow, they're having parents day, please please let the sun shine...

cbyrd wrote: »
    Witchie, delighted you're home safe and sound.
    New phone app only let's me post sporadically, it's so frustrating.
    I'm on my couch, stove lit, telly on mute (subtitles on) so sad as one of my dad's best friends died last night. It's like another link to him is gone. Fcuk it, when does it get easier. :(
    On a lighter note, I have to go to outdoor school tomorrow, they're having parents day, please please let the sun shine...

Ah sorry cbyrd :( You carry your dad inside of you though. Place your hand on your heart and think of him. That way he will always be with you. Life will change as it does but not that place in your heart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside, slee......zzzzzzzz

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back deskside after a painful hobble about at work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

At the coalface, lovely peaceful time of the day before the rest of the troops arrive, mid-week already, have a lovely day everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bed, praying for the strength to get up and out for the ferry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yet again the morning is bright and calm, so a visit to town, library and a walk, followed by coffee and snacks should get us to lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In work contemplating. Twould be nice to be in bed contemplating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Recovering after a work meeting with someone who smells like every curry they have eaten in the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Raft of important e-mails sent since 8am.

Meeting at 10am, dreading it.

FML - will this EVER end?

ferry booked and I am as always fitting in with other bookings. There IS a timetable but I love the way they have of being flexible, and I know they will extend my time away at the other end if that is possible.

Lovely looking day out there..

northgirl wrote: »
    Deskside. Raft of important e-mails sent since 8am.

Meeting at 10am, dreading it.

FML - will this EVER end?

Yes it will end.. "Time and the hour run through the roughest day" and "always darkest before the dawn.."

And trust me; at my advanced age those are not just platitudes"

Cannot light a candle here for thee as am going out but will do so in a church..

Lunchtime hairdressers appointment.
    Seeing as how the hairdresser pointed out all my 'white hairs' last week..........

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭islanderre

UCHG..... On a stalking mission.... Seeking out a character called "Gifted"

Im really in with my Mam for a check up.
    Car parking was a test of patience.... Place is swamped....

Lovely day outside thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

islanderre wrote: »
    UCHG..... On a stalking mission.... Seeking out a character called "Gifted"

Im really in with my Mam for a check up.
    Car parking was a test of patience.... Place is swamped....

Lovely day outside thankfully

gifted is easy to spot... big cork accent on him and arms like an orangutan from all the dropped hands :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting down to my first meal in my new gaff. Coz of limited cooking utensils settled for wedges, salad and scudum*.

A wash is on, have written an article I needed to do, done some grocery shopping oh and moved house. Not bad for one jet lagged day.

*Scudum in our house is any kinda mishmash type dish. In this instance I cooked, onions, tomato, a red chili and some red pepper in a pan then added some cheddar. Goes lovely with the wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Had a few days of the old thread and then new one to get through. It was like reading a book, I couldn't put it down until I knew Witchie got home safe :-)
    Need to get up and have lunch now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Recovering after a work meeting with someone who smells like every curry they have eaten in the last year.

Perhaps they can get you a discount at the local Balti House ?

Still home-side due to an argument with the washing machine this AM :(

( I took it apart & put it back together. That put an end to its sulking :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Carside people watching

Happy Hump Day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Home after a morning in town and enjoying the weather. The garden is a haven of peace today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@witchie..... will you fill us in on what happened with Qatar and how they assisted you on the flight?

Glorious day in Dublin, see what happens when I bring the arabian weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Walking the old rail trail trying to wear out two hyper young fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Beautiful day here too. I'm between in and out. Half watching the toddler outside and half making a curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭islanderre

Home from UCHG..... all is good thankfully....

Back again next month....

The legendary "Gifted" was not spotted.... This time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    @witchie..... will you fill us in on what happened with Qatar and how they assisted you on the flight?

Glorious day in Dublin, see what happens when I bring the arabian weather :)

In the end they were wonderful. From the lovely manager in Dublin to the ground crew, my almost personal assistant in the form of a handsome young buck from Sri Lanka who kept giving me water and fruit coz I couldn't eat anything else and the cabin manager going out of his way to check on me too. I felt like a celebrity even though I was in the arse of the plane.

Now I know their procedure I would not hesitate to fly with them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement