Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cut-off Score Success?

Options
  • 25-12-2017 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I received a score of 59 on the GAMSAT this year, was hoping to apply to the Dublin uni's for medicine but I'm worried, even if the scores dont change, that I'll be less likely to be offered a place due to having a score just at the cut-off.

I understand the applicants are randomly selected but I think with a higher score you have a better chance of receiving the offer so I want to know, is there anyone who got an offer from UCD/RCSI even when their score was right at the cut-off?

I'll be reapplying anyway to do the GAMSAT in March just to try and get 60+ and make sure I can get into the dublin uni's

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

I received a score of 59 on the GAMSAT this year, was hoping to apply to the Dublin uni's for medicine but I'm worried, even if the scores dont change, that I'll be less likely to be offered a place due to having a score just at the cut-off.

I understand the applicants are randomly selected but I think with a higher score you have a better chance of receiving the offer so I want to know, is there anyone who got an offer from UCD/RCSI even when their score was right at the cut-off?

I'll be reapplying anyway to do the GAMSAT in March just to try and get 60+ and make sure I can get into the dublin uni's

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Plenty people get offers when their score is at the cut off.

No way of knowing how many that will happen to each year, it depends on how many places are still left when they reach that Gamsat score.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I think worrying is just going to be part of the process. I have 63 and I'm sort of worried that there'll be a big increase next year, and that I won't get an offer for UCD. Going to email them next week!

Advertisement