Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yup Californian law if the item/equipment is sold in their state and has certain chemical compounds it must have the label/warning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    While looking at that, I saw this. How much of a shocker is this emulation box I wonder?
    From what I can see it's an android powered emulation box...but!
    having looked at a few reviews of it , and ..its not actually bad (at least if this is the 1.1 version ), you could make a Rasberry pi 3 powered version yourself for about 50 quid (or cheaper if you dont mind waiting a while for the parts from gearbest or banggood), but if you dont want the hassle (not of getting Pi working , but of having a slick interface without lots of messing around) it might be good .
    Also ..officially licensed roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Was in Sports Direct/Brand Max in Blackpool, Cork today and they have the Neo Geo Mini International Edition for only €42. They had quite a few of them, 12-15 maybe. They seem to have a lot of pre-order bonus stuff, so they must have bought things off game shops and Nintendo store etc. They had the Dark Souls metal plate for €5, this was a Nintendo Store pre order bonus, they also Mario Maker Drawing Pad bonus. I picked up Metroid Samus Returns 3DS case that was a Nintendo store pre order bonus too.

IMG-20200924-155813.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's mad, do you how have a crate of Neo Geo minis? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just been trying to think of an excuse to go to Mullingar at the weekend so I can take a look in Sports Direct :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Corholio wrote: »
    Was in Sports Direct/Brand Max in Blackpool, Cork today and they have the Neo Geo Mini International Edition for only €42. They had quite a few of them, 12-15 maybe. They seem to have a lot of pre-order bonus stuff, so they must have bought things off game shops and Nintendo store etc. They had the Dark Souls metal plate for €5, this was a Nintendo Store pre order bonus, they also Mario Maker Drawing Pad bonus. I picked up Metroid Samus Returns 3DS case that was a Nintendo store pre order bonus too.

Thats very near Doge's hood!

527345.PNG

Anything else you spotted gaming related?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doge wrote: »
    Anything else you spotted gaming related?

They had a few PS4 games nothing that stood out. I saw Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna for €18. They had a good few copies of that. Asterix XXL for €18 too. They also had about 600 Heihachi Totaku figures as well :P.

Some of those mini Bethesda Tin boxes was only other thing I noticed.

Re: Neo Geo, I may be back there start of next week, might pick up one or two if they are still there, if someone wanted one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Christ, I'd love one of those things...
    Now to find a branch near me that hasn't already been raided!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They have a stack of C64 Mini consoles here in a branch of Brand Max for €35 each
    That's the branch in Charlestown, Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Not sure if they were there when cornholio was there yesterday but BrandMax in Blackpool cork have c64 minis for 12 quid!

Even I picked one up at that price despite not having much interest in these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭geotrig

Limerick store one had one neo mini :) and c64smini were 35 also so not tempted at that Price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Tried the heatons in clonmel out of pure curiosity, they had nothing only a few PS3 games, pop vinyls and some copies of Knack....not surprised :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Plenty of the Neo Geo and beige thing (for 12 euro) in Carlow which was a nice surprise.

Had a big Division 2 box too for PS4 for 18 euro, didn't really investigate what it was in it, but a big old box. Had the Metroid 3ds case a fiver(which is a glorified pencil case), Kingdom Hearts yo-yos, for 5 yo-yos, Xbox one controller Chelsea FC skin for 1 fiddy.

Near the checkout if people are heading to sunny Carlow anytime soon.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Plenty of the Neo Geo and beige thing (for 12 euro) in Carlow which was a nice surprise.

Had a big Division 2 box too for PS4 for 18 euro, didn't really investage what it was in it, but a big old box. Had the Metroid 3ds case a fiver(which is a glorified pencil case), Kingdom Hearts yo-yos, for 5 yo-yos, Xbox one Chelsea FC skin for 1 fiddy.

Near the checkout if people are heading to sunny Carlow anytime soon.

In Heatons? I live in Carlow myself, must have a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Steve X2 wrote: »
    In Heatons? I live in Carlow myself, must have a gander.

Yeah, Fairgreen upstairs, there were a good few of the Neo Geo and c*4 minis left earlier.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Just in the branch in Blanch, only C64 minis...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just in the branch in Blanch, only C64 minis...

35 quid or 12?

Corholio wrote: »
    They had a few PS4 games nothing that stood out. I saw Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna for €18. They had a good few copies of that. Asterix XXL for €18 too. They also had about 600 Heihachi Totaku figures as well :P.

Some of those mini Bethesda Tin boxes was only other thing I noticed.

Re: Neo Geo, I may be back there start of next week, might pick up one or two if they are still there, if someone wanted one.
    damn ..Maynooth have Mitsuigi , but I'd have picked up a Heiheichi .Also some ps4 games, the Retron HDs I mentioned before, , a few 3ds ( one of the wario games,miitopia) and a few digdug/ms pacman/ galaga mini figures and some Blizzard games Cute But Deadly blind boxes( got a Sylvanas, Anduin and Saurfang ones so as a WOW player I'm happy).
    I'm pretty sure this is all old GAME stock btw ( possibly GAME UK) .
    Might be worth doing a boqrde A&R game exhange, seeing as each local one has different stock.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    35 quid or 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If anyone spots the neo geo minis in Dublin would they post up, I was wondering why a load of nib ones have been popping up on adverts the last week at €80
    https://www.adverts.ie/21596513

• Advertisement

Posted my Space station pinball over on adverts.

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/pinball-machine/21692043?notification=3147b07852fa33c2beb2a2264b6840c4-1601449801

I had it a few years and did a good resto on it.
    Sold it to mozie for around 2 years and bought it back off him around a year ago !
    Its in VGC and all working etc,
    The sound/music is this game is unreal!

Adverts tax as usual

If anyone spots the neo geo minis in Dublin would they post up, I was wondering why a load of nib ones have been popping up on adverts the last week at €80

None in Naas , (picked up a Heihachi though!).Definitely old GAME stock as the World Of Warcraft trivial pursuit board game(E1.50) I got had a Game tape sealing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Free trinitron in Cork on adverts: https://www.adverts.ie/21706026

Don't really think this qualifies as a bargain, in fact it might be at exactly the right price
    €160 for a Hori arcade stick which works with multiple systems, MD, SNES and PC Engine.

http://www.adverts.ie/19964027

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/lw3.47507/
    Selling my LW3 pinball on pinballinfo.
    Willing to negotiate quite a bit on the price listed, if anyone here is in the market for a pinball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Scumbags, all sold out pretty fast apparently near my area, them and the C64 minis. Now im seeing people posting them for full price saying they have multiple copies available to sell :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Argh that's bloody annoying alright. Nice to see nobody has made any more offers on that at ad least.

Stramash Zone for the Vectrex is up on Ebay for sale, bargain money right now, which I why I bid on it.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Stramash-Zone-cartridge-for-Vectrex-boxed-with-manual/233735107358

There is zero hope of this not achieving three figures by the end of the auction.

And it's in Dublin too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Stramash Zone for the Vectrex is up on Ebay for sale, bargain money right now, which I why I bid on it.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Stramash-Zone-cartridge-for-Vectrex-boxed-with-manual/233735107358

There is zero hope of this not achieving three figures by the end of the auction.

And it's in Dublin too! :(

He's also selling a Vectrex

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vectrex-games-console-with-two-cartridges/233735092204?hash=item366bb277ec:g:9EUAAOSwfQlfeiQ3

• Advertisement

He has Protector/YASI for sale... very tempted on that one, though without an overlay it doesn't really offer anything different from the version on my VecMulti cart.
    Stramash Zone has not been released to the masses in the form of a download, only a limited physical release, and it is outstanding.
    And I need it... I really really do...

Maybe I should sell something in the collection to fund it...

Advertisement