Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning colder from Monday - wintry showers on high ground

Options
  • 11-10-2011 3:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

...Also there is a slight risk of wintry showers too. The jet stream will be taking a bit of a holiday allowing depressions in from the Northwest. This could lead to a Northerly flow of air sourced from just East of Greenland and further North. The models are all over the place with how potent such a flow might be but it should allow the first real frost and it will feel much colder. Perhaps wintry showers later next week but that is up in the air atm (except on high ground!). Pardon the pun. It will feel alot colder though and temperatures are very unlikely to break 10c anywhere. It will turn more unsettled also with periods of rain becoming common again after our flirt with a continental high pressure this week. So the first "cold spell" is on the cards:)

I will post charts for you nearer the time. Quite an interesting period coming I think none the less.

It's still rather humid and warm and likely to get warmer before next weekend. Will be quite nice later this week. Enjoy it. It is coming to an end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

darkman2 wrote: »
    ...Also there is a slight risk of wintry showers too. The jet stream will be taking a bit of a holiday allowing depressions in from the Northwest. This could lead to a Northerly flow of air sourced from just East of Greenland and further North. The models are all over the place with how potent such a flow might be but it should allow the first real frost and it will feel much colder. Perhaps wintry showers later next week but that is up in the air atm (except on high ground!). Pardon the pun. It will feel alot colder though and temperatures are very unlikely to break 10c anywhere. It will turn more unsettled also with periods of rain becoming common again after our flirt with a continental high pressure this week. So the first "cold spell" is on the cards:)

I will post charts for you nearer the time. Quite an interesting period coming I think none the less.

It's still rather humid and warm and likely to get warmer before next weekend. Will be quite nice later this week. Enjoy it. It is coming to an end.

Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I live for a good DM2 thread !!

Will be interesting to se if this downgrades over time

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

looking forward to the charts, I might understand them this year!

This what we are talking about DM ?

gfs-1-174_qep4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

darkman2 wrote: »
    . It will turn more unsettled also with periods of rain becoming common again after our flirt with a continental high pressure this week. So the first "cold spell" is on the cards:)

how the F**k is that supposed to happen eh hasnt stopped raining up here for 4 days (whats this the rte dublin forecast ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

So, for the ignorant like me, that chart shows the "forecast" temperature 174 hours out from the date of the chart, right?

How does the pressure factor in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Can't wait for this warm humid stuff to end!

So, for the ignorant like me, that chart shows the "forecast" temperature 174 hours out from the date of the chart, right?

How does the pressure factor in?

This is the upper air temp.

Ground temps:

gfs-9-174_rqg6.png

Pressure:

gfs-0-174_zbj2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

how the F**k is that supposed to happen eh hasnt stopped raining up here for 4 days (whats this the rte dublin forecast ;) )

It hasn't rained here since Thursday when 1mm fell :pac:

On a general note, it would have been good for farmers if the current mild dry weather that we have here in the some parts held on till the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 carlarua

Bring it on !!! Everything is rotting where it stands, even the wood that's supposed to be drying out is having mutant fungi growing on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Won't happen*

*keep repeating won't happen

mike65 wrote: »
    Won't happen*

*keep repeating won't happen

Get into the spirit ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Thank fluck.....

I'm sick of it being too bloody warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Looking at the latest charts, it doesn't look anything out of the ordinary.

Min wrote: »
    Looking at the latest charts, it doesn't look anything out of the ordinary.

Still colder though :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Defo, a drop of about 5 degrees nationwide daytime, well into single digits for nighttime temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sounds like more typical October weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Definite cooldown on the way alright next 5/6 days, good late october weather :)

t850Dublin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So funny the way ye are trying to find any sign at all that it's going to get colder!:D

leahyl wrote: »
    So funny the way ye are trying to find any sign at all that it's going to get colder!:D

It will still be hot in Cork :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

t|nt|n wrote: »
    It will still be hot in Cork :P

haha , it will lol :D

NIALL D wrote: »
    haha , it will lol :D

:( meanies.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

leahyl wrote: »
    :( meanies.....:p

ah im sure if its similar to last year ye will get a good blast of snow down there..!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

NIALL D wrote: »
    ah im sure if its similar to last year ye will get a good blast of snow down there..!!!!

Yeah...... for a whole hour compared to days everywhere else... hehehehehe ;):D

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Yeah...... for a whole hour compared to days everywhere else... hehehehehe ;):D

Ian SSSSSHHHH!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

So where are we on the plan to remove all Irish snow shields...like for example the relocation of the Isle of Man? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

eskimocat wrote: »
    So where are we on the plan to remove all Irish snow shields...like for example the relocation of the Isle of Man? :pac:

Hav you not noticed?... ive already contracted some "people" to sort that out for us :D :rolleyes:

301323685_b8770caa20_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hav you not noticed?... ive already contracted some "people" to sort that out for us :D :rolleyes:

301323685_b8770caa20_o.jpg

I don't know about this, Decepticon haven't been known for getting the job done. You just know the Isle of Man have the Autobots on standby.

Lucreto wrote: »
    I don't know about this, Decepticon haven't been known for getting the job done. You just know the Isle of Man have the Autobots on standby.

Along with the damn shadow :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Along with the damn shadow :mad:

I love posting these :D IOM Shadow and its evil twin the Anglesey Shadow

5285793835_93816400cc_m.jpg5281025826_145826ac48_m.jpg

Advertisement