Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I have a few bits up on Adverts including a GDEMU. A half decent offer from a regular poster will buy it. I'm not putting it up on the market place after the cabinet fiasco.

https://touch.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sega-dreamcast-gdemu/16693957

I've very interested in the GDEmu but I don't have a dreamcast yet !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm more interested in the Samba De Amigo set!
    I have a set of maracas but they are 3rd party, aka sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Didn't know you were cosmetically enhanced? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I've very interested in the GDEmu but I don't have a dreamcast yet !!

If you are picking one up I think it has to be a VA1 model to use with a GDEMU. You should be able to get one with a broken drive easy enough.

I'm more interested in the Samba De Amigo set!

There's a fair bit of Adverts tax on that price and then you have the A&R discount to take off too.

If you are picking one up I think it has to be a VA1 model to use with a GDEMU. You should be able to get one with a broken drive easy enough.

You'd have to be fairly unlucky to pick up a rev0 or rev2 Dreamcast this side of the world, thankfully

• Advertisement

You'd have to be fairly unlucky to pick up a rev0 or rev2 Dreamcast this side of the world, thankfully

That's true, but you never know and I did say that they're handy enough to pick up. I do agree, you'd want to have serious bad luck to buy one over here and it turned out to be one of the other revisions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Didn't know you were cosmetically enhanced? :pac:

I don't like to boast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doge wrote: »

I don't need it. I don't really want it. It'll sit on a shelf with my other mini consoles still in their box. I still have my original Nightmoves C64 Pack in my parent's attic.

Why did I just buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I don't need it. I don't really want it. It'll sit on a shelf with my other mini consoles still in their box. I still have my original Nightmoves C64 Pack in my parent's attic.

Why did I just buy it?
    I really want it too but I've decided to get my C64C off the attic and set it up. Did that yesterday and discovered that it's not working :(
    So now my goal is to fix it - I'll probably only use it a few times if it's working, but now that I know it's not working I must fix it !!! (and retrobright it - it's really gone discoloured)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I see Krikzz has finally started selling Megadrive wireless pads with a receiver, like the 8BITDO ones. Have been waiting an eternity for something like this.

Not cheap but they're meant to be excellent.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/52-joyzz.html#/108-color-classic_black

Good ol' Krikzz knows how to charge alright

sugarman wrote: »
    Indeed but worth pointing out he does 20% every Black Friday!

I'd struggle to pay 20% of his asking price after watching that video.

I see Krikzz has finally started selling Megadrive wireless pads with a receiver, like the 8BITDO ones. Have been waiting an eternity for something like this.

Not cheap but they're meant to be excellent.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/52-joyzz.html#/108-color-classic_black

How the hell is he even able to make these things!

Master of the Universe

Ah ****e! That's really disappointing :(

Glad to see that video anyway as I almost purchased one earlier.

At least the functionality of the buttons and d-pad is on par with the original. But for that price you really would expect a better finish.

Maybe 20% off on Friday would sweeten the deal a bit?

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    At least the functionality of the buttons and d-pad is on par with the original. But for that price you really would expect a better finish.

Maybe 20% off on Friday would sweeten the deal a bit?

Kinda considering it alright!

If the casing is that bad I could just transplant it all into a real case. Sure that'd be the dream anyway, a real six button pad that's completely wireless.

Anyone interested in a Test PS3? Seems like a good price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233013818892?ul_noapp=true

Kinda considering it alright!

If the casing is that bad I could just transplant it all into a real case. Sure that'd be the dream anyway, a real six button pad that's completely wireless.

Anyone interested in a Test PS3? Seems like a good price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233013818892?ul_noapp=true

That's nice but that PS3 games are largely region free and cheap makes it less attractive to me than, say, a TEST PS2.

Master of the Universe

Ah but sure these things are more about the aesthetic these days than compatibility seeing as you can drop a HDD into any PS2 now.

Would look gorgeous alongside your test PS2...

Ah but sure these things are more about the aesthetic these days than compatibility seeing as you can drop a HDD into any PS2 now.

Would look gorgeous alongside your test PS2...

I've no room!!
    My games room is packed to the rafters with stuff!
    1st world problems and all that, but I think I've reached critical mass! And that's before I start collecting more arcade machines and my first pin!

• Advertisement

As a member of the middle classes, I found myself in Debenhams yesterday.
    In among the Christmas stuff they've a large selection of retro gaming items.
    An interesting one is the Bluetooth Saturn controller, for gaming on your phone, working with a Sega app, Sega Forever, for the content.
    Not cheap though, €42.

https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106030172299_-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

As a member of the middle classes, I found myself in Debenhams yesterday.
    In among the Christmas stuff they've a large selection of retro gaming items.
    An interesting one is the Bluetooth Saturn controller, for gaming on your phone, working with a Sega app, Sega Forever, for the content.
    Not cheap though, €42.

https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106030172299_-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-PP4549SE-Android-Smartphone-Controller-black/dp/B07CR98XDN

22.49 pound on amazon

Only 2 reviews, one of which isn't great
    Super easy to pair and connect, this saturn inspired controller is a great idea, has a fair price tag and a smartphone support.
    However I am extremely disappointed by this product.
    The d-pad is awful and irresponsible. Its just too hard and unless you press with more pressure the control does not react.
    I was very anxious to put my hands on this product but now I'm considering to return as I can't properly play my emulators using this controller and will definitely invest in a 8bitdo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Selling my conkers bad fur day.

http://www.adverts.ie/16793459

Open for negotiations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://www.adverts.ie/16789553
    Four parts from a Sega naomi cab. The monitor is def Not working, the rest maybe working, never tested.

Sanwa 28e31s monitor tube/yoke and chassis (not working)

Sun psu

Power inverter

Amp board

Person who sold me this cab said monitor could be fixed for about 60. Not sure if other parts are working either. I striped it all down and only wanted the cab for mame, so other parts never tested.

Need rid of before weekend hence price.

No offers, and needs collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

The saga continues..... :P

Master of the Universe

Is this the fabled Naomi cabinet now parted out? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks like it to me anyway, how many Naomi's with non workibg monitors could have been sold recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

As a member of the middle classes

Q6t4voMdTpJ7WsUyQg5rSrxF.gif

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    Q6t4voMdTpJ7WsUyQg5rSrxF.gif

No pantry? not middle class. :pac:

Advertisement