Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is your favorite month of the year?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

poor ole January ,everybody hates it, even me and I was born then :(

October. Those autumn leaves...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

October. Those autumn leaves...

Not if you have to sweep em all up it ain't Berties Horse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

For all those saying December because of Christmas surely you mean September,October,November,December? ;0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Greyfox wrote: »
    No it wasn't. I've been in country's were you'd die without air conditioning, Ireland in summer is a long way from that

For Ireland it was. We all know there are 100% humidity countries but Ireland had a very humid summer by our standards. Frequently up in the 70%s and 80%s. For a not very warm country, that’s really humid. I know how humid it was from how heavy my head felt most of the time (in addition to frequently checking out the latest weather observations). My sinuses are pretty adept at telling me it’s humid. Just because it wasn’t feckin’ New Orleans doesn’t mean it wasn’t a close summer. And those high humidity countries are much better equipped with air con whereas when Ireland gets a muggy spell, you just have to suffer through it so it’s worse in some ways to countries that get that very heavy weather more frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

May is bliss. I feel tingly all over with the very thought of Summer stretching out ahead of me. Blossoms on trees, flowers out, leaves back, birds and animals courting and having fun, it's often the most beautiful weather we get, I love it. Can't wait for it to happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Autumn/winter months definitely. Waking up on a Saturday to a magnificent blue clear sky. With the low laying sun and watching natur change all around in to a blend a gradient of deep brown to vibrant auburn. The air as well is just so crisp and when the cold gets a little bit too much head into a pub with a fire. Going out into the beer garden where everyone huddles together on benches with the mist coming off my breath as I catch up with friends at Christmas. Then spend Sundays panned out on the couch being warm and cosy on my couch drinking tea and binging whatever show I'm into at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For Ireland it was. We all know there are 100% humidity countries but Ireland had a very humid summer by our standards. Frequently up in the 70%s and 80%s. For a not very warm country, that’s really humid.
    Sorry I didn't notice the humidity at all, I was out enjoying the best summer Ireland's had in my lifetime and how the sunshine makes Ireland look incredibly beautiful. crappy weather will be with us soon though so back to staying in with boxsets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

May. Summer is ready to kick off if it hasn't done so already, evenings starting to get properly long and the living is easy.

Man, I love the month of May.

Advertisement