Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards golf society - Thurles GC June 15th 11.00a.

• 05-06-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭

Next up is Thurles Golf Club - Located in the heart of County Tipperary, Thurles Golf Club has evolved significantly through its 100 years of history. With a membership base in excess of 600 members, the Club has developed a strong foothold in golfing circles in Ireland.

As a result of the major development in 2007 as well as an ongoing members’ initiative we now have one of the driest, best kept parkland courses in the country. While it is a serious golfing challenge from the back tees, the middle tees plus level terrain means that a round of golf in Thurles is a pleasure for all ages and abilities.

Teamer invites are already gone out.

Green fee for this one is €35. Hope to see you all there.

Regards

Benny79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

What is the visitor rate for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

All visitor rates are €10 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

I've accepted on Teamer but it depends on Jimmy Bruen Selection or not as it's on the same day, I should know by next tues

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

another one I can't get to
    on the plus side, I've put the foot down and am determined not to miss Castleknock :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am away myself as well, rageing i'm mising this one, its a lovely course.
    Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Should be good for this.

Any chance anyone is driving past Monasterevin?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Kiith wrote: »
    Should be good for this.

Any chance anyone is driving past Monasterevin?

We will be going through alright so can arrange something. Just PM me or txt if we exchanged numbers last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Sorry guys and gals, but will miss this one unfortunately, teaching at a festival in Fermanagh. Good luck everyone, enjoy, Benny has the weather sorted again I see!

Looking forward to Castleknock already, will catch you all there hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

I’m gonna hold off replying on teamer until I play this wkend and see how an injury has cleared up. Fingers crossed I can go.

B

Hi folks,

Numbers seem to be a bit low for this one so far. i know a few are holding off till the weekend. So I'm going to confirm numbers to the club Tuesday lunchtime. A good opportunity to get some serious points on the board as a few of the leaders are missing for this one. ;)

Regards

Benny79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

I won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday as tennis schedule for Open Week in our club will only be announced then. Sorry captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

I’ll confirm by Monday evening. Still 50/50 atm

ballyk wrote: »
    I won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday as tennis schedule for Open Week in our club will only be announced then. Sorry captain.

I'll do the timesheet Weds evening so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

benny79 wrote: »
    I'll do the timesheet Weds evening so..

Benny,

Myself and Richie are traveling down together so it would be great if we could be in the same group.....At least I can keep him playing the full 18 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Sorry, I won't be able to make this one as I have visitors from abroad this weekend. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Is there any room for a guest to come along with me?

OS_Head wrote: »
    Is there any room for a guest to come along with me?

Yes guest be €45 just let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make Thurles.....enjoy everyone, hope to make Castleknock in July

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

This is a great course lads, well worth the visit. Looking forward to the day out and picking up some points that are badly needed at this stage!!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one as I have never played it but have heard great reports about it.

Anyone still on the fence there is still time if circumstances change as the Club seems to have a relaxed approach regards numbers and 2 lads are confirming to me tonight weather they can attend or not so Ill do a time-sheet but can move it around so just keep an eye on it but tee times is from 11.00am to 12.00pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Yes guest be €45 just let us know

He can't go now. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Really looking forward to Thurles, unfortunately I missed esker hills as I would have loved to have another crack at that one, last time I was there (with boards) the wind made it a real test, hope we don’t have gales on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one as I have never played it but have heard great reports about it.

Anyone still on the fence there is still time if circumstances change as the Club seems to have a relaxed approach regards numbers and 2 lads are confirming to me tonight weather they can attend or not so Ill do a time-sheet but can move it around so just keep an eye on it but tee times is from 11.00am to 12.00pm

Have never played it myself, so really looking forward to the round based on what people have said.

Just do one of those Captain Benny positive mental attitude weather dances please

Have never played it myself, so really looking forward to the round based on what people have said.

Just do one of those Captain Benny positive mental attitude weather dances please

Oh we will need factor Saturday! :cool:

I will throw up timesheet in a while.

TIME|Player1|Player2|Player3|Player4
    11.00|GolfGraffix|Macker1|ThecHamp26
    11.08|Tigerwood1|Asimo1|doublecross
    11.16|Spacecoyote|Rainbow Warrior|newindublin
    11.24|Kilth|Brian Rossiter|Slave1
    11.32|Pakman|Break80|Office Medic
    11.40|Princess Poppy|OS_head| a Post Punk|Benny79

Off the whites in this one.

NP - 3rd Hole LD - 4th Hole

See you all Saturday

Regards

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

Off the whites in this one.

NP - 3rd Hole LD - 4th Hole

Typo on the long drive hole?
    Isn't the 4th the hole with a stream crossing the fairway at about 220 yards from the tee?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

paulos53 wrote: »
    Isn't the 4th the hole with a stream crossing the fairway at about 220 yards from the tee?

From Thurles web site:

4th HOLE 367 – Par 4
    Play a lay-up shot off the tee to be short of water which is 230 yards away. A difficult 2nd shot awaits against the prevailing wind to a well-guarded green. Use a club more than it seems. Left of the green is the safe option.

So...yeah it seems like a rough hole for LD!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Brother of mine is a member in Thurles. I play it quite often.

18th id say is a good one for LD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

LD with a tough hazard sounds more fun. Go long or go home :P

• Advertisement

paulos53 wrote: »

Yes.. thats why its longest drive. Spice it up a bit ;)

Advertisement