Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting m.appsliu.com popup, is it phone or boards?

• 24-02-2015 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I've been getting a popup on my phone lately while browsing touch.boards.ie (z3 compact, android kitkat, chrome browser).

It's takes over the while screen and the only way to kill it is to kill the browser as clicking on the popup itself redirects you to a site trying to get you to install a third party app.

Is this coming from boards or is my phone infected, and how do I fix the problem?

Only seems to happen with boards.

Here's a screenshot of the popup whit touch.boards.ie in the background.

2dvr87k.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Try clearing the Chrome Cache ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Install malwarebytes app on the phone and scan

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I shall try both, thanks.

Just asked if it was a boards.ie thing as googling the issue seemed to give the answer that it was a problem coming from ads on websites.

It happens a lot if you browse "Adult" sites on your phone.

21/25

uch wrote: »
    It happens a lot if you browse "Adult" sites on your phone.

Well, I don't, and it only happens when browsing boards.ie so if you're not going to posting anything helpful maybe you just shouldn't post?

• Advertisement

Well, I don't, and it only happens when browsing boards.ie so if you're not going to posting anything helpful maybe you just shouldn't post?

Never suggested you were, sorry for helping

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Install malwarebytes app on the phone and scan

Downloaded malwarebytes, scanned, it's clean, keeping it running as background protection though, thanks for that.

Problem with popups when browsing boards still happening though.

It even happens if I leave boards idle in a secondary tab while browsing another site and will switch the browser from the tab I'm currently on back to the tab with boards.ie and cause the same problems...

I really can't figure this one out...

Advertisement