Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dublin Coach Experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Surely all the Neoplans are gone now and are no longer roadworthy. Most of them are dumped in various states of decay up the Knockmitten Lane. Shocking the way the council allow this

Did you report it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Surely all the Neoplans are gone now and are no longer roadworthy. Most of them are dumped in various states of decay up the Knockmitten Lane. Shocking the way the council allow this

I sent DC multiple emails and messages about the way they are abandoned and got one reply that said they would speak to the mechanic in the yard.

As the weeks have gone on, more have been parked and left there. During the week two artics nearly had a bang due to the way the growing scrapheap keeps building.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if you live in the area or come across this you need to report it to the council. that is the only possible chance of getting something done about it i reccan.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I sent DC multiple emails and messages about the way they are abandoned and got one reply that said they would speak to the mechanic in the yard.

As the weeks have gone on, more have been parked and left there. During the week two artics nearly had a bang due to the way the growing scrapheap keeps building.

They obviously don't care about their image. I also passed their scrap yard during the week, and was amazed they left that artic single decker bus on the street - the back part is basically kissing the ground.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

devnull wrote: »
    I can find photographic proof of at least two of them in service last month 04-KE-16116 & 04-KE-11340

I also saw 04 KE 11346 going around recently as well.

Saw 04-KE-11951 going around with a few scrapes and looking pretty rough with different shades of green. Looks like they may have used bodywork that was cannibalised from others.

Still makes 4 seen in service in recent weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

One pulled in at side of road at new lands cross earlier passengers on road and motorbike cop talking to driver.

04-KE-16116 is still going, apparently without any working air conditioning.
    https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Trip-Sets-Ireland-Bus/2018/Portlaoise-Newbridge-Naas-Bus-26-06-2018/i-vHHhgKC

And this one was missing the outer window glazing above the side door
    https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Trip-Sets-Ireland-Bus/2018/Portlaoise-Newbridge-Naas-Bus-26-06-2018/i-dJVNFNt

Some of the 2004 Setra's have now moved on to K Coach duties, owned by the same person, rather than Dublin Coach runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Broken down blocking exit to coach park zone 16 Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,663 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That tagline under the logo seems hugely ironic given the number of these that seem to be missing bits, or broken down by the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That tagline under the logo seems hugely ironic given the number of these that seem to be missing bits, or broken down by the side of the road.

Them vanhools are a smashing coach though.... Just saying.

• Advertisement

Them vanhools are a smashing coach though.... Just saying.

I've only been on one of the Dublin Coach ones and that was due to needing to get to the Red Cow very quickly from the airport, but it was very tired inside and the seats are not great and it looked like it needed a bit of TLC. Wasn't as bad as some of their older stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Broken down blocking exit to coach park zone 16 Dublin Airport.

Was on that coach. Lost power to the gearbox so the driver said. Come to expect it as a regular user to the airport. No alternative along the route

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Have DB run so low on vehicles that are roadworthy that they are running short at the min.

Saw one of the older Mercedes Vario minibuses on the Dundrum / Red Cow / Airport route yesterday evening

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've only been on one of the Dublin Coach ones and that was due to needing to get to the Red Cow very quickly from the airport, but it was very tired inside and the seats are not great and it looked like it needed a bit of TLC. Wasn't as bad as some of their older stuff though.

If you get a chance you should try the Citylink Vanhool overdeckers to Galway. Easily the best coach overall in Ireland.

A combination of excellent, well built coach, young age and an operator who obviously takes pride in it's fleet and maintains it well *

* When in Cork, it is pretty shocking to see even the older Citylink Vanhools on the Cork - Limerick - Galway route look much nicer and better maintained then newer and more highly used Aircoach and GoBE coaches. It is a real pity Citylink don't operate Cork to Dublin :(

https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Trip-Sets-Ireland-Bus/2018/Portlaoise-Newbridge-Naas-Bus-26-06-2018/i-vHHhgKC

In this weather??? Getting on this bus should come with a health warning!!

And this one was missing the outer window glazing above the side door
    https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Trip-Sets-Ireland-Bus/2018/Portlaoise-Newbridge-Naas-Bus-26-06-2018/i-dJVNFNt

Really a disgrace. Must be some sort of record having 53 pages on a single bus 'company'.

Don't know if it was You who uploaded that photo and comment Devnull, but whoever did, deserves praise. Their comment really hits home regarding some governing authority to control circuses like DC.

[Don't know if it was You who uploaded that photo and comment Devnull, but whoever did, deserves praise. Their comment really hits home regarding some governing authority to control circuses like DC.

Wasn't me that made it - just a photo I came across elsewhere.

Wasn't me that made it - just a photo I came across elsewhere.

I still doubt I would have ever found it but for You Devnull...Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

On the M50 today. The 09 van hook decker,the near side rear tail light flashing like a beacon on a fire truck in a hurry. He was in lane one, 15 seconds later he's in lame 3,stuck up my hole flashing like fook to get me out of his way. I was doing about 110/115....What speed is that pile capable of ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

All buses and coaches, except those catering for standing passengers are limited to 100km/h

Not all....I can assure you. That c... blew me off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Not all....I can assure you. That c... blew me off the road.

I believe you

But it's all hearsay until proved and vehicles tested/checked

I've often drove to/from Belfast, Limerick, cork etc in different various coaches all limited to 100km/h and have being left standing by those green Nazis.

I'm talking me cruising at 100km/h and felt like I was stopped compared to one of those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

On the M50 today. The 09 van hook decker,the near side rear tail light flashing like a beacon on a fire truck in a hurry. He was in lane one, 15 seconds later he's in lame 3,stuck up my hole flashing like fook to get me out of his way. I was doing about 110/115....What speed is that pile capable of ??

You should not be in the overtaking lane unless you are actually overtaking.

You fail to understand the difference between your actual speed and that displayed on your speedometer. Speedometers have to over read to some extent. When you thought you were doing 110/115 kph, you may well have been doing 100 or less.

tabbey wrote: »
    You should not be in the overtaking lane unless you are actually overtaking.

You fail to understand the difference between your actual speed and that displayed on your speedometer. Speedometers have to over read to some extent. When you thought you were doing 110/115 kph, you may well have been doing 100 or less.

WTF are you on about. If your car (or your green bus) is out by that much you should change it..

Was that you in the 08 setra on the m50 last night in lane 3 for about 10 mins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Currently on a 04 Setra stuck in a tailback in Castlemartyr, WiFi doesn't work, a pungent smell from the bathroom, violently vibrating seats, most roof panels missing and frightening noises from the undercarriage.

Think that qualifies as a "Dublin Coach Experience".

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Currently on a 04 Setra stuck in a tailback in Castlemartyr, WiFi doesn't work, a pungent smell from the bathrooms, violently vibrating seats, most roof panels missing and frightening noises from the undercarriage.

Think that qualifies as a "Dublin Coach Experience".

Sounds extremely like the bus from speed....
    Keanu is on his way to put a screw driver in the tank.

Have you asked the driver how fast he is going???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sounds extremely like the bus from speed....
    Keanu is on his way to put a screw driver in the tank.

Have you asked the driver how fast he is going???

I did not. To be fair the traffic was so that I doubt there was many periods above 80km/h. Once we did start moving the shaking was great fun!

Only about 7 people on the bus, 4 of which got off in Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

If I was using a DB service to be somewhere essential like a flight or a hospital appointment, I would be stopping and saying hold, I need to be there. Perhaps the Dub/Belfast route is an exception

When you are looking at a budget trip where time is important but not critically so then maybe

• Advertisement

If I was using a DB service to be somewhere essential like a flight or a hospital appointment, I would be stopping and saying hold, I need to be there. Perhaps the Dub/Belfast route is an exception

When you are looking at a budget trip where time is important but not critically so then maybe

DC

Advertisement