Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019-2020 Off Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

All-Star Game officially cancelled.

38 positive tests (31 players) in the first round of testing as training camps opened again today. 19 team affected. A low enough number I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

38 positive tests (31 players) in the first round of testing as training camps opened again today. 19 team affected. A low enough number I think.

They've tested 3,185 samples which is 1.2% percent. Not too bad at all

Freddie Freeman one of the 4 Braves to test positive

I see Mike Trout is latest player to voice concerns about viability of the MLB Season.

Not looking good for this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

David Price has opted out too.

king Felix has also opted out

Nats, Astros and Cards (that I know of) all had to cancel their workouts today as there's been a delay in getting test results. Doesn't bode well for things going forward. I'd imagine delays like this will pi$$ the players off and you might encourage more to sit.

I wonder how much MLB.TV will be for the shortened season. I couldn't see a price on the website. Suppose they're waiting for a schedule to be a finalised.

Hopefully there'll be plenty of day games in the schedule.

$73.79 is the answer.

They've added a load of documentaries as well this year. I'm probably going to wait until the last minute to subscribe in case the season doesn't go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wait a few weeks and it will much reduced. $60 excluding taxes is usually the June price discount. A sixty game season is effectively a sprint from August onwards where the price should be $30-$40...

• Advertisement

We signed up for the annual sub and never bothered cancelling. Just got an email that we are being refunded $76.81 so the total cost for the season is $45.18.

If a player ops out for the season are they still entitled to be paid

ShyMets wrote: »
    If a player ops out for the season are they still entitled to be paid

If they are considered high risk then yes, otherwise they are not paid.

We signed up for the annual sub and never bothered cancelling. Just got an email that we are being refunded $76.81 so the total cost for the season is $45.18.

I just got a similar email as a ‘former 2020 subscriber’ with that $45.18 offer. So around $55.57 when I add in the tax.

2021 schedule has been released...

Buster Posey has opted out too. And looks like Blue Jays are moving Vlad Jr to 1st base.

Astros have cancelled their training session today as a precaution.

Yankees Aroldis Chapman tested positive now too.

And then tests positive today so back to being a free agent.

• Advertisement

And then tests positive today so back to being a free agent.

Well that was brief! I assume once he gets the all clear they will sign him again

Blue Jays not allowed play their home games in Toronto. Their spring training site in Florida doesn't look too attractive at the moment so they'll probably play in their AAA site in Buffalo.

Blue Jays not allowed play their home games in Toronto. Their spring training site in Florida doesn't look too attractive at the moment so they'll probably play in their AAA site in Buffalo.

So the lights at Buffalo don’t meet MLB standards and the facilities are pretty tight on space. They may still end up elsewhere.

Blue Jays may end up playing home games in Pittsburgh Pirates homeground.

Dodgers are keen to sign a mega extension with Mookie Betts - figures of $380 million guaranteed over 13 seasons (including this one) are being mentioned

Moooooookie

ESPN are basically reporting it, as if its a done thing

Blue Jays have been refused permission to play their games at PNC Park and as of now don't have a home field.

Blue Jays have been refused permission to play their games at PNC Park and as of now don't have a home field.

That's a shame. It would have been nice having the Pittsburgh Blue Jays. And it would have been funny with the Pittsburgh Penguins playing their games in Toronto and the Blue Jays playing in Pittsburgh.

Where do they go now?

Dodgers are keen to sign a mega extension with Mookie Betts - figures of $380 million guaranteed over 13 seasons (including this one) are being mentioned

Great deal for both sides. The Dodgers can afford it and he deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And the fun starts tonight. Weirdest season ever.

Advertisement