Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Quazzie wrote: »
    Tullamore making the papers again today because of the lovely folk in Arden :rolleyes:

What paper is that?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The international edition of Offaly Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

meeeeh wrote: »
    The international edition of Offaly Express.

also known as the online edition of the tullamore tribune... i have noticed that since both papers are now owned by the one owner the tribune stories appear on the offaly express online page while the tribune website itself is not updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Was in town today and I think all the roadworks were worth it. Town looks well and I love O'ConnorSq.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Was in town today and I think all the roadworks were worth it. Town looks well and I love O'ConnorSq.

Was in myself also and was thinking the same. The planters of trees along Patrick Street bring a nice touch also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dropped an eye into the square today, the trees really make it. Looked fairly....sterile...a few weeks back without them, just grey/white stone paving and walls.

Quite a bit of space there too, maybe we could see some small farmers markets/food truck/homemade crafts stalls type stuff spring up every now and then in the future (but given the economic outlook that will be far in the future).

The Tullamore Food Fayre is still open every Saturday in Kilcruttin afaik.

Tullamore badly need a discount motor fuel supplier. Look at Birr, Flaherty’s keep the rest on their toes. €109.9 to €111.9 for diesel all over town. Cheapest I see in Tullamore is €118.9. Well last week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

The Tullamore Food Fayre is still open every Saturday in Kilcruttin afaik.

Nope, not since the last escalation of the lock down

Edit: Apologies, they just posted on FaceBook that they are open this Saturday

Nope, not since the last escalation of the lock down

I thought it was still open. I had penciled in going this Saturday... Oh well.... I'll just have to walk the dog instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I thought it was still open. I had penciled in going this Saturday... Oh well.... I'll just have to walk the dog instead.

Apologies, they just posted on FaceBook that they are open this Saturday

Apologies, they just posted on FaceBook that they are open this Saturday

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'll head down tomorrow for my usual.

The Phoenix market beside the Food Fayre closed a couple of months ago, I think a lot of people thought it was the Food one that closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Can I bump :)

Probably late July I’ll be around and need a suit and a few other casual items

Galvins got a lot of praise on boards.ie. I was searching threads over the years and it’s very well known

I looked at the Facebook page of Guy Clothing and their shop seems super

I suppose the answer is they are both good and visit both but does anyone have a recommendation? My limited suit buying experience is off the rack in Pennys so I’m hoping the staff can lead me through the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Galvins I suppose would have been THE place, but GUY are pretty great too. To be honest I’d say go both places, I wouldn’t recommend one over the other unless you’re looking for designer then galvins

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AddisonD

Both are professional operations, have quality garments, so it comes down to personal preferences.

I bought mine at Galvin's on the basis that there man took into account my big fat belly when weighing/measuring me up for a three piece whistle.

Guy tried to ram me into three piece suits based on my height and chest, which would only end up badly :/

My personal experience, I may have had an inexperienced assistant on the day, and I expect different views from others.

When is Tom Texas opening his new store ?
    Is it going in where the Paddy Field was or the old ESB rooms or as some people are saying both places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is it going in where the Paddy Field was or the old ESB rooms or as some people are saying both places.

Looks like both, judging by the frontage work going on. That corner was an eyesore, delighted to see anything being done to improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Kane have something going in there too? Coffee shop or something?
    He owns them buildings anyway I think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Texas Tom is only going into the old ESB shop, it’s the council who make the owners of the paddy fields and ladbrooks do up the shop fronts, they were some eyesore in the middle of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Texas Tom is only going into the old ESB shop, it’s the council who make the owners of the paddy fields and ladbrooks do up the shop fronts, they were some eyesore in the middle of town.

There was a grant given for that, including painting de bruns. The council didn't make them do anything.

• Advertisement

There was a grant given for that, including painting de bruns. The council didn't make them do anything.

I wouldn't mind one of them grants....my abode could do with a lick of paint :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone recommend a decent barbers? Haven't had a haircut in months and it's a ****ing disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Is costa open again?
    Or best place to meet someone for a coffee in the evening after work, approx 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is costa open again?
    Or best place to meet someone for a coffee in the evening after work, approx 6pm.

Costa at the Axis park re-opens tomorrow (think it's only 9-6). Don't know about the other one.

Costa at the Axis park re-opens tomorrow (think it's only 9-6). Don't know about the other one.

Thanks

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent barbers? Haven't had a haircut in months and it's a ****ing disaster.

Tommy Clarke's William St. You have to make a booking on the "booksy" app/website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

good to see the new shop open beside texas tom. best of luck to it. saw on facebook it will have a rooftop cafe and all in it.

good to see the new shop open beside texas tom. best of luck to it. saw on facebook it will have a rooftop cafe and all in it.

Yes that part of the town has become very run down the last few years. The new shops will bring some colour and life back to the place. Pity that William street pub is closed. Also want to compliment the council on the street scape works. Turned out really well. Was difficult for the traders but hopefully worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Where's that? the old ladbrooks?

Advertisement