Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MaximilienMK

Mr.S wrote: »
    Pen Viewings?

I think they mean 'open'.

I'd love to know what time on the 18th the building will be open for moving in... anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johncrossan

Hey guys I got a final answer for the hard wired connection:

“ There is no hard wired connection available in the apartments. There is a wifi router in each apartment (larger apartments have 2) but these are located on the ceiling. There are additional access points in the rest of the building. While Virgin media provide the service and the bandwidth, it is not the same as the Virgin Media consumer offering (ie there are no Hub's that you can plug an ethernet connection into).”

Hope this can be of any help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pen Viewings?

Open viewings

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

I think they mean 'open'.

I'd love to know what time on the 18th the building will be open for moving in... anyone heard anything?

I would assume we can go as soon as we get the key (on our phone if I remember correctly from the FAQ), what I'd like to know is how many people are going to move at the same time, it could be quite chaotic :D
    I'm planning to do most of it on the Friday 21st

If anyone is going to the open day tomorrow can they take photos of the sample apartments?!

I will take as much as I can and post them here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 b4y

Fompi wrote: »
    I will take as much as I can and post them here!

me too

Thanks guys!

Interested in the door lock (nerd) and smart thermostat (even nerdier) if ye could take a look :D

ok :D I love nerd things too!

That's why we'll have digital keys...
    Everything looks a bit like a hotel actually, all the appartments identically furnished, lounge and gym...
    I wish there was housekeeping included as well :D

So excited about the viewing tomorrow!

Ok guys. It looks AMAZING. You can tell everything is high quality and for once, you can tell they treat the tenants as human beings and that even though we are just renting a place, we still deserve good quality furniture and appliances. (crazy right, usually landlords think we eat from the bin :p)

There were a LOT of people and it was not easy to take pictures but there you go.
    4 appartments were open to viewings, one of each category (Standard, Plus and Premium), 3 beds. Plus a penthouse on the top floor (which has a terrace the size of a football pitch :D)

I'm SO looking forward to moving in now. Someome from Vesta told me they're expecting 30 movings in the same week, it's going to be total chaos I'm sure and we'll have to fight for the lift :D

I've put all the photos in a photo album here (I just realised I don't have a photo of the main bathroom sorry, it has a tub)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/jtjiUtChCDxRJZCy8

Looks great.

Did they show off the gym / cinema / common areas?

Seriously tempted now.

Yes, everything looks exactly like their pictures, that's why I didn't take any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Ok guys. It looks AMAZING. You can tell everything is high quality and for once, you can tell they treat the tenants as human beings and that even though we are just renting a place, we still deserve good quality furniture and appliances. (crazy right, usually landlords think we eat from the bin :p)

There were a LOT of people and it was not easy to take pictures but there you go.
    4 appartments were open to viewings, one of each category (Standard, Plus and Premium), 3 beds. Plus a penthouse on the top floor (which has a terrace the size of a football pitch :D)

I'm SO looking forward to moving in now. Someome from Vesta told me they're expecting 30 movings in the same week, it's going to be total chaos I'm sure and we'll have to fight for the lift :D

I've put all the photos in a photo album here (I just realised I don't have a photo of the main bathroom sorry, it has a tub)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/jtjiUtChCDxRJZCy8
    Thanks so much for the photos! Looking forward to April now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Great stuff Fompi, what apartment type are the photos from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kdiap

Everything looks great! Good quality I'm just worried only one building has gym, cinema and all the other things...it will be chaotic only that place for everybody, it will be really crowdy I thought every building will have it. Kind disappointed about that. Anybody think the same?

franglan wrote: »
    Great stuff Fompi, what apartment type are the photos from?

It was similar to this one but on the 1st floor (which they call 2nd floor.... ground floor is "floor 1")
    It's a "plus", I didnt go into the other ones as I've signed a lease for a "plus" https://www.vestaliving.ie/apartments/1-3311

I attach the floor plan in case you don't have access to the link

Kdiap wrote: »
    Everything looks great! Good quality I'm just worried only one building has gym, cinema and all the other things...it will be chaotic only that place for everybody, it will be really crowdy I thought every building will have it. Kind disappointed about that. Anybody think the same?

I know what you mean but I think it would have been over the top to have facilities in each block. I'm lucky as my appartment is in the same block (being freelance, I will definitely use the working space)
    What I don't fully get is the "community kitchen". Is it for people having parties with their friends to avoid bothering neighbours (which would be a great idea) or is it for parties with residents only (could be nice too)
    No idea how it's going to be used.... I've never seen that anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PolyK.

Very useful info,as we thought that it was a scam as we couldn't believe that with normal rent price you can have such a great apartment. To tell the truth,we were afraid to apply on line and deposit money in a "no face" website. Especially if you're in Dublin,scams are daily phenomenon!
    So, as now we saw that it is real does anyone know if they will have one or two bedroom apartment available in March?

PolyK. wrote: »
    Very useful info,as we thought that it was a scam as we couldn't believe that with normal rent price you can have such a great apartment. To tell the truth,we were afraid to apply on line and deposit money in a "no face" website. Especially if you're in Dublin,scams are daily phenomenon!
    So, as now we saw that it is real does anyone know if they will have one or two bedroom apartment available in March?

I totally understand and so far I got nothing "real" after I paid deposit + first rent... but it IS a real building for sure! I'll be happy once I get my lease back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PolyK.

Thank you very much,as that would have been my next question!😊 As long as you will get the lease, please let us know, as it is very "weird" ,"strange", "uncomfortable" to deposit 4000€ without signing a contract, talk with someone, knowing at least an address of their office, where someone can refer to if he will have an question/ problem. And anyone can understand that deposit 4000€ without having a contract or meet someone from the company, it is a big risk.
    And all these are happening because of the big problem of housing here in Dublin and the big exploitation!
    My current contract will expire on 20th of March, i am so tired looking all the time on daft.ieal and other sites, going to viewings etc.
    Thank you anyway!😊

I really wouldn't worry - you only pay the deposit and first months rent after signing a lease and they are a registered company - it's not like you're sending a couple of K to a random account :)

All their contact details are online with office addresses etc.

I was like you until I actually send 3k to a random account :D:D:D The minute after I clicked "send", I was like "what the **** did I just do", hahahah
    But you're right of course, I've made a bit of research as well. But.... I really want my lease signed back and an actual confirmation that I'm not homeless in 2 weeks. Nothing major :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Interesting development. Is it coming online in stages or all at once? There website mentions other locations too, does anyone know where?

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote: »
    Interesting development. Is it coming online in stages or all at once? There website mentions other locations too, does anyone know where?

It's coming in stages, there are at least 4 other blocks still under construction.
    As for the other locations, that's actually the first question I asked and the reply was: "We are unable to provide information on the next location that will be available at this time but we will email you as soon as we can."

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

One concern I have is there are no road crossings. I wonder when will they come up. Children might face problem at school time, to cross the road.

Other thing is the microwave looked puny, with knobs etc. Expected a better one. And there was no dish drainer plate fitted on the counter top.

Overall I'm not impressed by kitchen. Bedrooms are good and location was superb.

niamh247 wrote: »
    One concern I have is there are no road crossings. I wonder when will they come up. Children might face problem at school time, to cross the road.

Other thing is the microwave looked puny, with knobs etc. Expected a better one. And there was no dish drainer plate fitted on the counter top.

Overall I'm not impressed by kitchen. Bedrooms are good and location was superb.

wow I don't know what kind of kitchen you had in the past :o I always had **** ovens (cheapest possible) that don't cook properly, same for microwaves and fridges (always the same cheap landlord brand: Beko)... and I've never had a dishwasher in my life. Because it seems we don't deserve anything good when we're renting :mad: So I'm super impressed by the kitchen myself. So much counter space and cupboards!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

niamh247 wrote: »

It's not a very busy road, and re: dish drainer...it's built into the worktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 b4y

Due to the fact I'm a new user boards.ie is not allowing me to post photos or links.
    Hence I cannot share photos of the gym and common areas. If you want ping me and I'll send you the link/photos privately.
    Yesterday they told me the digital keys are not in place yet, so we should receive an email with the available times to get the physical keys on our move in date.
    Anyway, everthing was as on the website and I'm looking forward to move in on 18th, the only complain is related to the gym size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Narges Dadashi

does anybody have a floor plan for one bedroom apartment that they showed yesterday? (It is number 210 in block 32)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wow I don't know what kind of kitchen you had in the past :o I always had **** ovens (cheapest possible) that don't cook properly, same for microwaves and fridges (always the same cheap landlord brand: Beko)... and I've never had a dishwasher in my life. Because it seems we don't deserve anything good when we're renting :mad: So I'm super impressed by the kitchen myself. So much counter space and cupboards!

Beko is not a cheap landlord brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Geo1

Hey guys,
    Thanks for all the useful info.
    I have just one question about the contract.
    Once you have already transferred the money, when are you supposed to receive the contract from the company?
    I am just asking because you are supposed to move in 10 days and still didn't receive any contract?

Geo1 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for all the useful info.
    I have just one question about the contract.
    Once you have already transferred the money, when are you supposed to receive the contract from the company?
    I am just asking because you are supposed to move in 10 days and still didn't receive any contract?

Yup. Money transferred on the 4th. Moving on the 18th, and still no contract or any confirmation whatsoever. Can't wait to tell you everything's alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Geo1

Yup. Money transferred on the 4th. Moving on the 18th, and still no contract or any confirmation whatsoever. Can't wait to tell you everything's alright!

Thanks a million!!!
    Hope everything will be ok at the end for you guys...

Advertisement