Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2019, 11:41   #1
epicmoe

How to see who was in the chamber on a certain day?

If you've been on Facebook, you've seen the short clip of Alan Kelly giving out about the dismal attendance as they started hearing Dáil statements on climate change. This was on the 4th of may.
If you haven't here it is.

How do I find out who was in attendance during that time? Theres surely a register somewhere or something?
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 13:34   #2
ArmaniJeanss

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicmoe View Post
If you've been on Facebook, you've seen the short clip of Alan Kelly giving out about the dismal attendance as they started hearing D statements on climate change. This was on the 4th of may.

How do I find out who was in attendance during that time? Theres surely a register somewhere or something?
Record of attendance is here https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/publica...-of-attendance though won't be updated for May until sometime in June.
That's attendance in government buildings though, not necessarily the chamber.
To be honest people get a bit over-obsessed about attendance numbers in the actual chamber - its not necessary as TD's can follow the debate on the closed circuit tv screen within their office, whilst doing other td stuff.
All generally a better use of time than listening to Alan Kelly.
15-05-2019, 14:08   #3
expectationlost

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicmoe View Post
If you've been on Facebook, you've seen the short clip of Alan Kelly giving out about the dismal attendance as they started hearing D statements on climate change. This was on the 4th of may.

because the motion didn't actually change anything, the topic spokespeople were there i presume?

we don't even have a recorded vote for it because it was passed "unanimously".

Last edited by expectationlost; 15-05-2019 at 16:45.
17-05-2019, 00:23   #4
CrabRevolution

I never get why people give out about being physically present in the Dáil chamber. The majority of Dáil time is spent on procedural matters, reading statements for the records etc. and TDs can always look at it on CCTV or review the record later. Parties will have designated spokespeople and representatives at different times. It's not a 158-way debating chamber.
17-05-2019, 08:39   #5
L1011

The Oireachtas internal cable TV system allows you to watch either chamber or any committee room from your office, as far as I know without the muting that Oireachtas TV has - I've rarely been there on a full sitting day to check!

Also has most of the useful global news channels

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion