Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Parliament Elections 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Still in the mix for seats.
    Flanagan under a bit/lot? of pressure at that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Seems like Walshe got decimated. Her bubbly videos just weren't enough. I love how she stated she was strong on the Environment and then when questioned on Twitter if she was part of any volunteer groups or initiatives she went totally silent. We hear you Finna Gael, loud and clear.

Decimated????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote:
    Flanagan under a bit/lot? of pressure at that level.

It's not over till the fat lady sings..;-) As they say. Bad day for Fran Fitzgerald, D Clune not looking good. If Ming looses I can seek comfort elsewhere :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Jesus Ming at 10% 😣

Here's hoping the 4% margin of error works in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Would the green party put taxes on everything they see as a threat to the environment?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Don't forget her surplus transfers from McGuinness.

I'm not , depends on how much surplus mcguinness has when passed the quota. Will be a tight one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sawduck wrote: »
    Would the green party put taxes on everything they see as a threat to the environment?

Yes. Thats why they'll be back to reality in a GE.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In the county council's or the EP? Either way, no!

It's not over till the fat lady sings..;-) As they say. Bad day for Fran Fitzgerald, D Clune not looking good. If Ming looses I can seek comfort elsewhere :-)
    If his FPV is at that level he'll find it very tough especially as that Green lass is looking very transfer friendly. Down to Dom, FF I'd say and maybe Casey will get the last shout in picking the 4th seat! Fitzgerald will probably be OK and I don't know why Clune was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,174 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Seems like Walshe got decimated. Her bubbly videos just weren't enough. I love how she stated she was strong on the Environment and then when questioned on Twitter if she was part of any volunteer groups or initiatives she went totally silent. We hear you Finna Gael, loud and clear.

She matched Luke "Ming" Flanagan in the exit poll.

She has McGuinness' surplus to help her as well.

Walsh will be in the shake-up for the last seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

They might do. It is looking like we might need something like that. That's the reality of it.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Yes. Thats why they'll be back to reality in a GE.
    I think they'll be looked at instead of Indos by some voters. Could get a decent few seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I hope them Greens don't end up taxing us to the bo11ix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,864 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

is_that_so wrote: »
    +/- 3% MOE in the poll. He was on 17% the last time so not a lot. Ming seems to have lost half and may be in trouble.

If that exit poll is accurate Carthy is down 2.7%. Anyone else and you would still look at him as a shoo in, but with SF and transfers........

They might do. It is looking like we might need something like that. That's the reality of it.

We don't really need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

People want change!!

Well here you are...

How exactly will they effect taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

We don't really need it

I hope you are right. But all the evidence says not.

Fianna fail won't get 2 in South anyway . Kelly. Kelleher. Ni Riadh. O Sullivan look ok. Can mick Wallace hold off clune for a seat ? Would Malcolm Byrne wex vote transfer well to him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am guessing carbon taxes?

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    If that exit poll is accurate Carthy is down 2.7%. Anyone else and you would still look at him as a shoo in, but with SF and transfers........
    He'll be OK if that's his FPV. Quota will probably be about 19% or so and he'll pick up some lefty stuff and even some FF stuff. Apart from maybe Walsh nobody looks like they can pass him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Why do you imagine Green means extra tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Going by this the could have a big say in next election. We are doing the right thing voting green until the taxes hit hard.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Na, Casey's and FF transfers will go to ming

And Mairead’s 9% surplus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Ah here..... wasn’t it the greens that got us the cheap tax on the diesels??
    Welcome back Greens, I say ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

McHugh has that MNW seat IMO. A margin of error of 4% is pretty massive though so could be some surprises yet. When will results be announced?

Faugheen wrote:
    And Mairead’s 9% surplus?

9% would definitely put Walsh there but it may only be 4 or 5 % which would make it very close

Regardless of what happens,at least we should all be grateful that boris johnson is not likely to be in control of our country

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Greens are the safe option for Euros and Locals. Delighted to see the main parties getting a kicking though, they are smug and need a wake up call.

I am not sure if the Green vote would translate much in a GE, but you never know these days. Green is good and climate change is high on the agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

McHugh has that MNW seat IMO. A margin of error of 4% is pretty massive though so could be some surprises yet. When will results be announced?

First seats Sunday night, most Monday, and the longer counts for final seats into Tues and Weds I'd guess.

Advertisement