Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

It will sell millions

true but it would've sold a lot more, there'd be more hype, this thread would be at least 30 pages long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Fallout 4 and FF VII announced within 24 hours of each other. My life. It's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I for one am excited. Only remake of a game that I care about.

I'll wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I for one am excited. Only remake of a game that I care about.

I'll wait.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Same here

I'm going to force the children to play this.... :)

PS5 launch title though knowing Squeenix! :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm going to force the children to play this.... :)

PS5 launch title though knowing Squeenix! :/

Don't jinx it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tetsuya Nomura... Probably the worst thing that could happen to a FF7 remake. Firstly he's not been in charge of the development of a good game yet. Secondly his last project versus 13 was such a disaster he was pulled off it after not delivering a game in 9 years. Lastly he had the biggest hand in Advent Children, a film that was not only terrible but missed the point of ff7 spectacularly. something with that sort of tone and those sorts of retcons is not going to be good.

While I don't disagree with anything in your post, if they have to make a balls of FFVII or FFXV, I'd prefer they made a balls of FFVII.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

OMFG!!

*Squeals like a school girl*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

And seeing as FF series is half price on steam atm, of course I had to pick up the original FFVII and begin a play through :)
    Must be my fourth copy of the game purchased now. It just had to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

FFVII remains my favourite game of all time. It's not going anywhere, no matter how this turns out. We'll all still be able to go play the original whenever we want. It's a remake, it will be different, for better or worse. Maybe they'll f*ck it up, but they're probably not going to come around to our houses and break all the old disks and wipe it from our hard-drives, so we lose nothing in the process. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Noxin wrote: »
    And seeing as FF series is half price on steam atm, of course I had to pick up the original FFVII and begin a play through :)
    Must be my fourth copy of the game purchased now. It just had to be done!

My advice is to install the fan translation patch. It reads a hell of a lot better and has a 60 FPS battles fix that makes the battle system tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Thought someone was taking the piss when they told me this earlier. Then I watched the trailer and nearly pissed myself.

I'd be cautious enough though. I'd be one for a graphical update and a few tweaks and quests and things but I fear it will change a lot.

Il still buy it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Here's a crazy idea, what if they alter the story a bit, somebody might die, somebody might live...? What if they change it up...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like this has been in development for over a year at least already according to Nomura, depending on what they have actually got done already, we may see it being launched late 2016/early 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Put off replaying for over a decade so that when it finally came it would be like new. YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

My advice is to install the fan translation patch. It reads a hell of a lot better and has a 60 FPS battles fix that makes the battle system tolerable.

Cheers mate. I'll check for it later. Downloaded the steam version yesterday and I felt it was playing very well. Love the updated character models. Everything was just that little bit sharper which I enjoyed.
    Great little nostalgic play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cheers mate. I'll check for it later. Downloaded the steam version yesterday and I felt it was playing very well. Love the updated character models. Everything was just that little bit sharper which I enjoyed.
    Great little nostalgic play through.

There is actually a great little modding community for the final fantasy games, if you Google qhimm forums you can find the best of them.

Regarding the remake, I thought I had reached the point of not caring anymore, but as soon as I saw the trailer I realised how excited I was about this. I know this should be nothing but a nostalgia trip but I'm still looking forward to it!

Also, as I saw on twitter, remember, in the original game, cloud jumps up a tower on a dolphin, let's look forward to the graphical overhaul on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Here's a crazy idea, what if they alter the story a bit, somebody might die, somebody might live...? What if they change it up...?
    Please, no.

RedXIV wrote: »
    There is actually a great little modding community for the final fantasy games, if you Google qhimm forums you can find the best of them.

Regarding the remake, I thought I had reached the point of not caring anymore, but as soon as I saw the trailer I realised how excited I was about this. I know this should be nothing but a nostalgia trip but I'm still looking forward to it!

Also, as I saw on twitter, remember, in the original game, cloud jumps up a tower on a dolphin, let's look forward to the graphical overhaul on that :D

Browsing through some mods at the moment. Is it just me or do the character models look out of place? Something looks.... wonky.. I dunno how to put it exactly. :confused:

I might just throw one on to see how it goes though. Had barely started a game so don't care about losing progress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't touch the graphics, it's not what the original creators intended. I installed the fan translation and the 60 fps battles only myself. It wouldn't be FF7 to me if the game didn't have jarring jumps in model quality :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Please, no.

That's the fear though, I can't see them not f*%$ing it up in some way.

I wouldn't touch the graphics, it's not what the original creators intended. I installed the fan translation and the 60 fps battles only myself. It wouldn't be FF7 to me if the game didn't have jarring jumps in model quality :P

Whats the translation one called? It it "Because"?

I'm raged I spotted this yesterday, just by chance was scrolling through pages of gizmodo.

My normal browsing wouldn't have shown it.

Now I have years to wait.

Sadface

Near 6 million views on YouTube, bout 7777 of them are mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I just wanted the same game with an updated art style pretty much. Not sure how i feel if it's going to be a big AAA title. Which is kind of the impression I got from that reveal.

Has anything been said in that regard?

Beacause.

And yes I spelled that correct, it's a reference to the spelling mistake in Jenova's only line of dialogue... off course.

It's an installer with a whole host of mods but really the purist in me only went for the translation and 60 fps battles mod, 60 fps because the original 15 fps is torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Confirmed that they are going to "tweak" the story.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-16516-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake
    %EF%BF%BDMore-Work--%EF%BF%BD-to-be-Added-to-Story.html

Beacause.

And yes I spelled that correct, it's a reference to the spelling mistake in Jenova's only line of dialogue... off course.

It's an installer with a whole host of mods but really the purist in me only went for the translation and 60 fps battles mod, 60 fps because the original 15 fps is torture.

Great, cheers. Yea i watched a quick utoob of 15fps vs 60. It made up my mind on that very quick.
    I'm not gonna look at character models. tbh, I like the very small tweak they already did with the steam version and it's more than enough for me.
    Confirmed that they are going to "tweak" the story.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-16516-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake
    %EF%BF%BDMore-Work--%EF%BF%BD-to-be-Added-to-Story.html

I knew they would do a little with it anyway. I really can't see Cloud getting gang raped going down too well :pac:
    dt4ts6K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

"Beacause"

Good article here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-29-why-would-someone-spend-five-years-retranslating-all-of-final-fantasy-7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

It's weird ... I played this game when I was 11 / 12 and my memory of the honey bee is that it wasn't really a big deal ( I hadn't a clue what was REALLY going on )

Advertisement