Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sinn Fein election posters

• 13-05-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I notice that all their posters contain the word "fighting". Can anyone tell me who are they fighting or what are they fighting for nowadays. All I see is them fighting with each other and other party politicians. Am I wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Is it a cap doff to the fighting Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The only ones I’ve seen don’t have fighting mentioned in them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Gerry G wrote: »
    I notice that all their posters contain the word "fighting". Can anyone tell me who are they fighting or what are they fighting for nowadays. All I see is them fighting with each other and other party politicians. Am I wrong?

I've never seen the word fighting on any of the ones that I've seen.

Can you please procvide an example op?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The only ones I’ve seen don’t have fighting mentioned in them

Strange. Every single one in my area has it. Just interested in who they're gonna be fighting.

We also have a FG counsellor called Cassidy Cassidy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Strange. Every single one in my area has it. Just interested in who they're gonna be fighting.
    Do you live in a rough area?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When you say every single one, do you mean every single election poster from the same candidate, or every single Sinn Fein poster featuring different candidates?

Had a quick Google there, and I see Matt Carthy has a slogan on his posters that says "fighting for Ireland", but I assume it's not s literal fight he's attending.

When you say every single one, do you mean every single election poster from the same candidate, or every single Sinn Fein poster featuring different candidates?

Had a quick Google there, and I see Matt Carthy has a slogan on his posters that says "fighting for Ireland", but I assume it's not s literal fight he's attending.

I mean every single poster with all different candidates in the Meath area and on into Cavan. Mad for fighting up here we are

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you live in a rough area?

Yeah. Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

I saw one today passing through Waterford where a candidate had a Cartoon version of himself on his posters (after passing the photograph a few moments later - I can see why!)

• Advertisement

Check this lad out too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He might be an amateur boxer representing Ireland, you don't know ;)

I can't find any with any logo.

Apologies MODs but I think a pic is called for:

edwardfennessy1.jpg?w=626&h=876

EDIT: Found one. All explained here OP:

liadhniriadaeu1.jpg

He might be an amateur boxer representing Ireland, you don't know ;)

I can't find any with any logo.

Apologies MODs but I think a pic is called for:

edwardfennessy1.jpg?w=626&h=876

Councillor Fennessy obviously doesn't have as much fight in him as his comrades. I'll try to find some pics, if not I'll just snap some tomorrow

There we go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: This thread isn't really up to the forum standard so I am closing it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement