Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI application submitted and queued for Provisional Assessment... good or bad?

• 09-05-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Yesterday one of the girls in my course received a letter confirming that she is receiving the grant. I said I'd check my SUSI account and so far it says:

"Application submitted and queued for Provisional Assessment."

I'm wondering if this is good or bad? Has anyone had bad news after this stage or is it typically a good sign?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Yesterday one of the girls in my course received a letter confirming that she is receiving the grant. I said I'd check my SUSI account and so far it says:

"Application submitted and queued for Provisional Assessment."

I'm wondering if this is good or bad? Has anyone had bad news after this stage or is it typically a good sign?

Everyone gets to this stage! It means exactly what it says, your application has yet to be assessed and it has no bearing on the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

Everyone gets to this stage! It means exactly what it says, your application has yet to be assessed and it has no bearing on the outcome.

Okay thanks, but apparently that is not the case as like I mentioned in my post, some people are approved immediately like the girl I know personally.

Okay thanks, but apparently that is not the case as like I mentioned in my post, some people are approved immediately like the girl I know personally.

Every application is assessed.

As a matter of interest, is she a mature/non traditional student or a school leaver?

If it makes you feel any better, my application was stuck at that stage last year for about 2weeks before it was accepted.

Every application is assessed.

As a matter of interest, is she a mature/non traditional student or a school leaver?

If it makes you feel any better, my application was stuck at that stage last year for about 2weeks before it was accepted.

She would definitely be a different category to me (non-mature student). We both applied two hours after applications opened, we both just completed level 8's and we both have been accepted to different masters courses; but that must be where our applications have split in regards their progression forward, she is not a mature student. But thanks for your input, I know I'm just being very impatient and it is early days.

She would definitely be a different category to me (non-mature student). We both applied two hours after applications opened, we both just completed level 8's and we both have been accepted to different masters courses; but that must be where our applications have split in regards their progression forward, she is not a mature student. But thanks for your input, I know I'm just being very impatient and it is early days.

No Problem, Hopefully It works out ok for you, I know how stressful a time it can be.

• Advertisement

No Problem, Hopefully It works out ok for you, I know how stressful a time it can be.

Woke up this morning to an updated status on my SUSI account saying that I have been awarded! Such a relief, wow. I believe I'll just have supporting documentation to provide now, once I get a letter from them but that will hopefully just be formalities. I can relax a bit now for the summer and I don't have to starve myself, which is always a bonus!
    :D

Advertisement