Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hendry's Book

• 08-02-2019 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Anyone read it? I got it last weekend. Just about finished it now. It's pretty decent overall. It kind of falls into the trap of becoming a match log in parts but interesting to hear his thought process as his career progressed. Whatever joy he got out of winning comes across as quite alien to me, along with the mean-spiritedness of seeing anyone else lift a trophy.
    I think, unlikely as it is, if Ronnie (or anyone) went on to win 8 WCs he would be absolutely sickened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not got round to it yet, but that description of his utter single mindedness certainly rings true anyway. Just a stubborn, relentless winner. Get impression he’d be ok with Ronnie surpassing him as opposed to anyone else, but I’ll reserve judgment until I read the book.

Did read the Clive Everton book on ronnie which I found, in the main, a let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

He's certainly marketing it. If you @ him on Twitter and tell him you enjoyed it, he'll defo retweet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Did hear him on Sean o rourke (I think) a few months back but the host obviously not a snooker fan and didn’t ask particularly good questions.

Advertisement