Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting exams

• 15-08-2018 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey,
    I’m entering my final year of college, so applying for graduate contracts soon.
    I’m on placement in a small accounting firm for a few months so I can do bits and pieces.

I am sh1t scared of the cap2s and faes. To the point where I think I might not even try. I am very very average, I never did accounting in leaving cert, and my grades are average and I have very little self confidence in what I do.

Is it doable? If I sacrifice a lot?

Also can someone tell me what kind of work I would be doing in a big firm starting off, compared to a small one? Will it be the same thing all the time??

I just don’t think I’m good or smart enough whatsoever, and need some help from people with experience.. thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Sorry - I havent worked in the accounts field so I cant advise, but you're being very hard on yourself. You can attempt the exams and see how you go! You can also ask for a mentor maybe in your current place?

Advertisement