Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mitsubishi to quit Europe?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The mother nearly bought an Asti back in the day.
    She saw sense despite our enthusiasm!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Lockheed

LillySV wrote: »
    According to that, Lexus sellin f all here lately ... wouldn’t have thought that

Market for executive sedans and SUVs so wholly over saturated at the moment by BMW, Mercedes and Audi that it makes sense, shame because I'm a big fan of the whole Lexus line up, the LC coupe especially looks seriously nice. Saw one over in Galway recently

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I've driven them all ,they range from horrible to average, none are comfortable compared to even a landcruiser which is average comfortable relative to a discovery

The Ford Ranger is the pick of the pickups

Indeed, leaf springs in most/all of them and rear seat like a wooden bench.... Awful yokes imo as a family car.... Only fit for pulling and dragging.

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, leaf springs in most/all of them and rear seat like a wooden bench.... Awful yokes imo as a family car.... Only fit for pulling and dragging.

This is exactly the type of comment I don’t get as I have never found the likes of a hilux in anyway as described above, found them quite comfy actually and if you drive on rough roads even more comfortable than a car due to how they glide over bumps.

...... By the sheer mention of rough roads you are describing what they are fit for.

I'm in the depths of Donegal currently and my Sorento on 19s is gliding away grand.. I'd rarely encounter a road where a thing on leaf springs is considered superior to an actual car :)

On such roads a tractor would be ideal also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

This is exactly the type of comment I don’t get as I have never found the likes of a hilux in anyway as described above, found them quite comfy actually and if you drive on rough roads even more comfortable than a car due to how they glide over bumps.

They're good value compared to a 5 seat jeep and perfectly reliable but it's pretty widely accepted that comfort is not something you prioritise if buying one

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Is that a pick up?
    sorry, missed this

No, it's a ute :)

thats the Aus/NZ term for pickups

gutless but bouncy and fun to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Who exactly do Mitsubishi think the target customer for cars as offensively ugly as this actually are?

Anyone with eyesight poor enough that they'd consider parting with their cash for one shouldn't be allowed hold a license.

OWMxYjNiYTA2YTIxMjc3ZWNmZmNjZmJjZDRjNThhOWLaalCe8RPYTeqBpQqM-9tnaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIyNTA4Mzh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

YzM2ZGE4NzcwM2JkOTUxNjdjZTdiM2QwOWI4YjhmNjTm1_yiy1PwFY3qVtUeVJFBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIwMDE3MjJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It's not ugly and it's certainly not boring or dull like a commen as muck VW or Audi SUV for all the sheep. It's just s pity it did not have more engine and drive train choices here and it might have sold better

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    It's not ugly and it's certainly not boring or dull like a commen as muck VW or Audi SUV for all the sheep. It's just s pity it did not have more engine and drive train choices here and it might have sold better

Its horrid and will depreciate like a stone, That’s why people don’t buy them.

Ms

E mac wrote: »
    I think the downfall of Mitsubishi started back when they ended production of the Galant a car a class above the lancer and replaced it with the Carisma a car no bigger than the lancer. If ever a car was the opposite of its name the carisma was it.
    Actually the Galant was bigger and more expensive than the Carisma and the Carisma was bigger than a Lancer. I know I have got brochures for all 3 as the parents looked at them in the 90s before buying there first new car which was very nearly a Mitsubishi but ended up not being one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Its horrid and will depreciate like a stone, That’s why people don’t buy them.

I disagree but looks are subjective. People did not but them because they only came with a 1.5 litre turbo petrol engine which did not suit many people. If they had the 1 5 diesel from the Renault-Nissan alliance in it and a hybrid or electric version it would have sold a lot more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spitonmedickie

I disagree but looks are subjective. People did not but them because they only came with a 1.5 litre turbo petrol engine which did not suit many people. If they had the 1 5 diesel from the Renault-Nissan alliance in it and a hybrid or electric version it would have sold a lot more.

This. I would have considered them when buying recently except they seem to have narrowed the range and options so much. Interior on the eclipse cross is quite good but the ASX and Lancer (I used own one 12 years ago and it hasn't changed much) are ancient.

Agree too with the comment about the Galant - don't know if it would have saved them now but think if they'd kept the Galant they'd have picked up sales that ended up going to things like the Daewoo Leganza or more particularly the Hyundai Sonata. I imagine once Hyundai had those drivers they kept them with Tucsons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Actually the Galant was bigger and more expensive than the Carisma and the Carisma was bigger than a Lancer. I know I have got brochures for all 3 as the parents looked at them in the 90s before buying there first new car which was very nearly a Mitsubishi but ended up not being one.

My father bought a Galant new in 1994. It was a fine car no engine trouble etc although my mother always had a problem with the front passenger seat something about lack of support on one side of the seat pan. No one else noticed it though when mentioned to the dealer he agreed! Something about an uneven spring layout. My mother wasn't the only one who had this complaint...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

E mac wrote: »
    My father bought a Galant new in 1994. It was a fine car no engine trouble etc although my mother always had a problem with the front passenger seat something about lack of support on one side of the seat pan. No one else noticed it though when mentioned to the dealer he agreed! Something about an uneven spring layout. My mother wasn't the only one who had this complaint...

Did the dealer swap it out? The Galant was a very nice car imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It's no Pajero Pinin

https://images.app.goo.gl/F5vgRJnrHHJaGhQT9

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

FGR wrote: »
    Did the dealer swap it out? The Galant was a very nice car imo.
    No! From memory i think all seats were the same so swapping it would be a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The mother nearly bought an Asti back in the day.
    She saw sense despite our enthusiasm!

What the hell as an Asti?!

road_high wrote: »
    What the hell as an Asti?!

It’s a JDM Mitsubishi Mirage model. 2 door Lancer essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It’s a JDM Mitsubishi Mirage model. 2 door Lancer essentially.

Ah yea I know then now, they were very common until fairly recently as Jap imports!

Advertisement