Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Fiat Grande Punto manual in Polish(similar to Haynes manual) €5 + postage

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I have car or bike storage available in south Dublin, 10 minutes from either Heuston Station or M50 junction 9. Its dry, with light & power and in a safe location. Three individual units, big enough for an E60 5 series type of car at least. You will have your own key and security post. There is CCTV on the premises.

I must stress that the offer is for storage only not for pulling cars apart etc.

Very reasonable rates if you are a reasonable person :) Mostly just to cover insurance

Feel free to PM me for further details if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 64,684 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What's the insurance for, Duke? I presume all the cars stored there need to be insured by their owners. And I presume you are renting, so no need to insure the building, only contents insurance might be required and the contents are worth nothing / very little?

That’s just to cover my own backside, the alarm and RING subscription :)

Cars need to be insured by their owners, who will need permission to store the car at a non-home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zaib365

This skyline would be a good option what do you think?

NISSAN SKYLINE 1998 white ER34 25GT Turbo F5 2500 cc AAC FR 200,280 131000 km R

the guy quoted € 11,200 FOB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

Anyone able to give me a dig out - I need a 16" 6 stud roadwheel for a 50's Chevy/GMC Series 2 half ton truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

We have a Chevy Corvette C1 here for sale in very good condition, it was part of a bigger deal so we haven't touched it yet. Starts and drives. Located abroad can organise shipping no problem.

PM me for further details if interested.

Sweet! Big money?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

unkel wrote: »
    Sweet! Big money?

Sending PM mate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1983-porsche-924/23521548

It was quite an emotional afternoon, getting this ad ready.
    Reality has set in though and I can't watch her sit through the winter.

Sigh!

NWEzMmIxM2U4NDViMGY2N2RhM2QxODdjMzZjZWNmOGSjyyKbAPucoJrIhYtiafJKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY2NDY3NDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Advertisement

Best of luck with the sale!

I've seen your car in the flesh, it looks really nice. I can only imagine how tough it is to part with the car after 10 years knowing you are going to get something sensible and for the first time in a very long time, you will no longer have a classic car :(

I sense in between the lines that you have stopped using it already?

I've seen your car in the flesh, it looks really nice. I can only imagine how tough it is to part with the car after 10 years knowing you are going to get something sensible and for the first time in a very long time, you will no longer have a classic car :(
    It is kinda tough, though it really helps that it's winter which and the least classic-friendly time of the year. It'll hit me in the Spring.

Am I still even allowed to buy Classic & Sports car? :pac:
    I sense in between the lines that you have stopped using it already?
    Well the NCT is out, and I now have the Alfa so I can't justify driving it to work. Though I did take her for a spin around the area yesterday to keep her ticking over!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Feck D. :( I've followed your journey with this car for ages. Still I completely understand why this is the right time. The best of luck with the sale, small issues notwithstanding someone's going to get a very nice car, especially at that price.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks Wibbs. Not a decision taken lightly.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    The best of luck with the sale, small issues notwithstanding someone's going to get a very nice car, especially at that price.
    I've had one offer already, but too low, too early. A lot of "watchers" waiting to see who blinks first. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

I have a few items for sale; Workshop manuals for Fiat 125, Hillman Hunter, Datsun Cherry, Fiesta mk 2. Fiat 125 rear lights, incomplete, Fiat125 rear seat pulldown divider, Hillman Imp air filter housing. Not looking for much money, like to see them go to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I've tinted side glass that came off a 1979 Mini Clubman 1275GT years ago. Green tint. Glass for both doors & both rear side glass. Of use to anyone?.

T.

Best of luck with the sale Lightning, well sorted car for the only that.

Good luck!

Someone will get a good car. :)

You're braver than I!

I'd rather not see someone else driving the car all the time, and also not have to face the buyer in case something really expensive cropped up in short order. :p

Well done though. Better done quickly like ripping off a plaster.

• Advertisement

That was quick, well done.

I'm surprised at how quick both yours and Dades' cars went. I wouldn't have imagined the 924 market here to be particularly busy.

My dad has been contemplating selling his too.

You can sell anything if you're realistic about price, Duke!

But yeah, given the time of year (and the sh*tty weather) you wouldn't expect much interest.

Maybe Brexit is spooking people...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dades wrote: »
    You can sell anything if you're realistic about price, Duke!

But yeah, given the time of year (and the sh*tty weather) you wouldn't expect much interest.

Maybe Brexit is spooking people...

This!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I've a few bits and pieces from the e30, I have had a few (13!! :) and they are all gone now.
    I've chrome window frames, grille parts, engine service light reset module that you plug in, and a whole pile of clocks, some switches, pipes, wheels etc
    What are these worth? Is there any demand? I put the ad up on e30 owners before but no interest, think the site is gone quiet.

I know I need to get a prior list of what is there, it's between a few car boots and a shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Unfortunately most of the owners clubs have all gone on Facebook which has killed the forums. If your on Facebook you could put them up on e30owners and e30zone. I'm currently restoring a 325i sport but have most of the parts I need!!

I have a good and useable gearbox from a 1938/9 Austin Big 7 (900cc) for sale. Will fit an Austin 8 too. €150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I've a gearbox from an 180sx, and an auto box with torque converter from an s13 silvia
    200 for the pair

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Anyone got two front wings for a Mk1 Golf GTI?

I’m looking for two headlamps for an Austin 7. Anything of the period (30s) will suit. No luck with donedeal/eBay unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

Hi All,

I'm looking for some Opel\Vauxhall\General Motors memorabilia.

Flags, Light signs, enamel signs etc.

Anything considered.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement