Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test

• 07-08-2020 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hello I have my driving test applied for since January and I have all my lessons done since Friday 31st if July. I know its a bit soon but I know people who got a test date and their test wasn’t cancelled before covid. I email the RSA asking if I could be put on the cancellation list but I haven’t heard anything back. When should I expect to get a test date or is there any way of knowing?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Olwas2014 wrote: »
    Hello I have my driving test applied for since January and I have all my lessons done since Friday 31st if July. I know its a bit soon but I know people who got a test date and their test wasn’t cancelled before covid. I email the RSA asking if I could be put on the cancellation list but I haven’t heard anything back. When should I expect to get a test date or is there any way of knowing?

Thank you

Call them on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Similar situation here. Did you manage to find out anything on this?

Do you know if the fact they you just completed EDT only put you on the list that day (31 July in your case) as you became eligible? Or have you been on the waiting list thew whole time since you booked it? Curious to find this out .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

Rosstopher wrote: »

Do you know if the fact they you just completed EDT only put you on the list that day (31 Junly in your case) as you became eligible? Or have you been on the waiting list thew whole time since you booked it? Curious to find this out .

I forgot to ring them today but I will tomorrow. I havent realised that about the list. In that case I probably am only on the waiting list since 31 July. I'll ask them about it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thank you
    After how many days did instructor uploaded reports.

I am fed up with my school. I paid them on promise to complete all.lessons in one week. They called to cancel 1 lesson at last min ( they need 10 days notice if I have to cancel) and now not uploading the lesson log even after multiple calls.

Only time they act is when they need your card details. Most expensive school. Do I need to share the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭J_R

Jjohnrockk wrote: »
    After how many days did instructor uploaded reports.

I am fed up with my school. I paid them on promise to complete all.lessons in one week. They called to cancel 1 lesson at last min ( they need 10 days notice if I have to cancel) and now not uploading the lesson log even after multiple calls.

Only time they act is when they need your card details. Most expensive school. Do I need to share the name?

Hi,

email all the details regarding failure in uploading the completed lessons to the RSA. Send a CC to the school.

Go to "Google Maps" and input their name. Ignore the glowing 5 star reviews (:confused:), instead sort by "Lowest Rating". You will find that your experience is by no means unique. Leave your own review.

• Advertisement

I forgot to ring them today but I will tomorrow. I havent realised that about the list. In that case I probably am only on the waiting list since 31 July. I'll ask them about it tomorrow

I should clarify, I'm actually not sure if that is correct, that you only join the list once you become eligible. Trying to figure that part out myself.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Do you know if the fact they you just completed EDT only put you on the list that day (31 July in your case) as you became eligible? Or have you been on the waiting list thew whole time since you booked it? Curious to find this out .

Once you apply you are placed on “EDT Hold” until you’re lessons are completed and all uploaded.

Essentially, your application is part processed. When the final lesson is uploaded you’re taken off EDT Hold and your application fully processed. Often, if you applied a long time ago, this final lesson results in you receiving notice of your date within a few days. However, times aren’t normal right now so that may not be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 brianocon77

Once you apply you are placed on “EDT Hold” until you’re lessons are completed and all uploaded.

Essentially, your application is part processed. When the final lesson is uploaded you’re taken off EDT Hold and your application fully processed. Often, if you applied a long time ago, this final lesson results in you receiving notice of your date within a few days. However, times aren’t normal right now so that may not be happening.

Call for cancellation and you may get it like a date for next 1-2 weeks.

Call for cancellation and you may get it like a date for next 1-2 weeks.

It very much depends on who you get on the phone at the current time.

It very much depends on who you get on the phone at the current time.

Who? Do they not have a standard process in place?

• Advertisement

Who? Do they not have a standard process in place?

Oh they do. Some strictly follow their procedure while others seem to be a bit more flexible.

Just got my date it’s in 3 and a half week time without getting any cancellation list

Just got my date it’s in 3 and a half week time without getting any cancellation list

Did they email you this or was it just only after calling them that they may have sorted it out?

Did they email you this or was it just only after calling them that they may have sorted it out?

I was just about to call them until I noticed that the email came through so in the end I didnt ring them at all. The only thing is school and school traffic will be back :( . Maybe the Tralee Test Centre isnt that busy or it did really make a difference being applied since January regardless of being eligible or not

I applied in January well before I had the twelve lessons so maybe this is what happened me after my last lesson being uploaded. More or less two weeks after them being uploaded, I got the test date so maybe that is still happening just at a slower rate.

I was just about to call them until I noticed that the email came through so in the end I didnt ring them at all. The only thing is school and school traffic will be back :( . Maybe the Tralee Test Centre isnt that busy or it did really make a difference being applied since January regardless of being eligible or not

Cheers for the info. Hopefully mine is soon enough, although I’m in Dublin so won’t hold my breath. Best of luck in the test!

Cheers for the info. Hopefully mine is soon enough, although I’m in Dublin so won’t hold my breath. Best of luck in the test!

Hope yours is soon too. Keep trying everything you can. Thank you!

1. How many theory or sign questions are asked. Guess max point that can be lost is 1 minor.

2. My instructor did not cover bay parking. Do they ask for it on test?

3. Reverse bay parking - Any things to take car off?

4. Dun L is the test centre - Any clue about route(s). Off-course if there are variety of routes nothing much can be done.

Thanks in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Does the RSA email you an appointment date/time for your driving test?

I just got an email saying they recently contacted me offering a driving test appointment and changes since COVID-19, but I didn’t get anything at all previously.

I logged into my application and found a date and time.

Not ready.
    :eek:

Should I have gotten an email beforehand?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I logged into my application and found a date and time.

Not ready.
    :eek:

Should I have gotten an email beforehand?

Where did you login to check the application?

In the email explaining changes since COVID-19, it gives a link to change your date or cancel your application by logging in with your details.

I didn’t get anything prior to this. :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

In the email explaining changes since COVID-19, it gives a link to change your date or cancel your application by logging in with your details.

I never even got that email.

I actually found my driving test details in my Junk bin!

Panic time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shezzaholmes

Hmm.. would you mind sharing the link you received (if it doesn’t contain personal details)? I’d love to see if I could choose a date, need my license soon for commuting to college this year!

Also to the poster asking questions, I found Dane Tyghe’s videos on YouTube to be absolutely brilliant, especially for the reverse around the corner, roundabouts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

Hi guys,

Random but just wonderinng if anybody knows roughly how long the waiting list is for Tallaght test centre?

I applied for my test at the start of August and finished my final EDTs 2/3 weeks ago

Each time I ring the RSA to enquire I am told that the waiting time on the phone is more than 10 mins, but after about 5 mins it just hangs up :rolleyes:

Its about 6 months still without ringing for cancellations (currently they are giving cancellations to start of list of course, but if you ring they make exceptions)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

I applied in February having already completed my 12 lessons. Realised today one of the lessons was never uploaded to the system. I’m so annoyed. Is there anything myself or my teacher can do to expedite this with the RSA? I was expecting to get a date any day now and the thoughts of having to wait another 6 months are infuriating,

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

Hello again,

Just wondering if anyone here could clarify/confirm this for me?

I have my test on 30th November for cars (Category B), if I pass, am I also licensed to drive category W vehicles?

I am a bit confused about this as I can't find any info online but have seen that some people have both categories B and W on their full licenses.

~ Mark

• Advertisement

mark2912 wrote: »
    Hello again,

Just wondering if anyone here could clarify/confirm this for me?

I have my test on 30th November for cars (Category B), if I pass, am I also licensed to drive category W vehicles?

I am a bit confused about this as I can't find any info online but have seen that some people have both categories B and W on their full licenses.

~ Mark

Yeah

Advertisement