Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Xiney wrote: »
    Mr Xiney and I will be there! Who are they playing again? :rolleyes: I'm not much of a football fan.

Fleece blanket and two travel mugs of hot tea ought to get us through though, bet it's going to be ridiculously cold.

I'll be looking for the Xiney's cuddled up under the fleece, see if we could borrow a corner of the blanket ;) Playing Drogheda United, just checked the website.

Tuppence, afraid it won't be a late one, we'll have the wee man with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Really looking forward to going to the Showgrounds tomorrow night. I was just thinking though, maybe we should get a Sligo Rovers Boards.ie supporters flag made up!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Really looking forward to going to the Showgrounds tomorrow night. I was just thinking though, maybe we should get a Sligo Rovers Boards.ie supporters flag made up!

can stick it up down the railway end

looking forward to the first home game, been to a couple of friendlys, have my shirt, a few beers

hopefully get a nice result after last week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I'll be looking for the Xiney's cuddled up under the fleece, see if we could borrow a corner of the blanket ;) Playing Drogheda United, just checked the website.

Tuppence, afraid it won't be a late one, we'll have the wee man with us.
    No worries Tulipandthistle wont be too late either. (I know too well) Wouldnt want to miss my lift, then I might end up thumbing too! :D
    Flags.... That fleece and a giant boards umbrella maybe. People behind us will be thanking us. Tee hee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Get the new Jerseys, and get "OFF TOPIC" printed on the back. Instead of shouting at the ref, the lot of you just turn your backs to him. :D

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    Get the new Jerseys, and get "OFF TOPIC" printed on the back. Instead of shouting at the ref, the lot of you just turn your backs to him. :D

That's a great idea!!! Can we call ourselves the "Off topic Posse!"?

those shirts may have came in handy tonight, thought we might have taken it at the end, could be slighter tougher against bohs next saturday

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That ref was in love with his whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

tuppence wrote: »
    At the prices been flagged you would want to be getting the most out of those jerseys alright. (so the season ticket might be in order). Then you would have to give the jersey an outing to the away games. (with your friends on the bus) Suppose said jersey could also double up as a night shirt. Then it can be recycled into dusters the next season or on a pub wall with signatures on it....
    Hey, Whats wrong with a hat and scarf anyway!*

Are you a shareholder by any chance? ;)

lol i wish i'm a lowly student!! ya jerseys are very expensive for a shirt like,but thats the way it is unfortunately...you'd pay the same for a man.united or liverpool shirt.the sligo rovers scarves are class,i still have one my unlce gave me from the 80's:D

good enough game tonight,pitch is in bad shape somethign should really be done!all in all a good result,drogs are the champions of last year and now we look forward to bohs on good friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Red Rev

Indeed, great result. Good crowd, probly 2200-2300, and good atmosphere with plenty of colour.

• Advertisement

We had a great time yet again!

I only have one question.... why don't the players follow through? Some kicked the ball towards the goal and they just left it. At one point in the first half the goalie dropped it and nobody was there to take the opportunity to score. The last 20 minutes were the most exciting though!

I was looking for the fleece blanket Xiney....

It was great fun. They got better as they went on.We were over near the drums! And then of course saw (maybe a little too much of :D )the famous Mooneys! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Conditions were bad, the wind especially made it difficult for attracive football.
    We did improve markedly in the last half hour, the introduction of Matthew Judge livened things up in our attack. Shamie Coleman gets better every time I see him, man of the match for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

That ref was in love with his whistle.

That's a fact. He was terrible, wouldn't let the game flow in any way.

I thought considering Drogs are defending league champs that Rovers showed they are not too far off the standard required to do well in the league this year.

Great crowd too. I thought Rovers played very well in the second half and I thought they might have snuck a goal, it's a pity they didn't, the Showgrounds would have went mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

ya would have been nice to get a goal for the crowd but hopefully we played good enough to get a crowd back for the bohs game

good highlights package on rte this evening as well, spotted my self in the crowd too

:D

cookie seams very confident about the season, as did the panal, especially on future home games, reakons will be hard to beat them at the show grounds, hopefully will perform well away as well,

shame through there will be no mooneys before or after the game this week

:(

yeah which numbty moved the match to good friday?? it was planned for the saturday and they moved it, canyou believe it??? only hubbie will be there

bohs tonight guys, surprised the match on good friday to tbh

:)

I was looking for the fleece blanket Xiney....
    It was there :)

Looks like it'll be there again tonight!

it was cold there last week, an extra layer might be called for tonight as well

• Advertisement

To be quite honest the only thing that's keeping me from bringing the whole bed clothes after last week is the fact that then I'd probably be so comfortable I'd probably fall asleep and I'd feel bad, then.

To be quite honest the only thing that's keeping me from bringing the whole bed clothes after last week is the fact that then I'd probably be so comfortable I'd probably fall asleep and I'd feel bad, then.

i will have the layers, the hat, and the gloves tonight, a football jersey and a jacket were just not sufficent last week

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

Bohs are missing a few of their regular players for this evenings tie, Rovers should be in with a shout.

Time for Boco to shine!!!!!!!

Afraid me and the wee man won't be there tonight but hubby will be there making as much noise as possible!

We bought a Sligo Rovers shirt, scarf and mini football today for the wee man. He is soooooo cute!!! (always was though).

I'll be thinking of you when I'm in my warm house, eating a mountain of chocolate.

Have a great match tonight!!

We bought a Sligo Rovers shirt, scarf and mini football today for the wee man. He is soooooo cute!!! (always was though).

Awww :D

I'll be thinking of you when I'm in my warm house, eating a mountain of chocolate.

!!!! :(

They played really well again especially in the 2nd half. Shame about the result:( *
    Great crowd and great atmosphere.

*awaits response from the resident bohs supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tuppence wrote: »
    They played really well again especially in the 2nd half. Shame about the result:( *
    Great crowd and great atmosphere.

*awaits response from the resident bohs supporter.
    Ah well at least another North West team managed to defeat Dublin opposition ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

muffler wrote: »
    Ah well at least another North West team managed to defeat Dublin opposition ;)

Get out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gillie wrote: »
    Get out!:D
    Shuts the door quietly on way out and then bursts into song :D

• Advertisement

quite liked this one, played just before the rovers players came out last night

Advertisement