Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best coal price in sligo

• 09-10-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

looking for a good price on coal and slack for a stove with back boiler, could even bulk buy. anybody get a price off Arigna Coal direct for coal per tonne or per bag collected or delivered???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Connaught Gold in Achonry are selling Black Diamond for €12.50 per 40Kg bag, it's not smokeless though. They will also deliver, I usually get a big pallet delivered every winter. I have always found their coal prices to be a lot cheaper the sellers in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

bazmc35 wrote: »
    looking for a good price on coal and slack for a stove with back boiler, could even bulk buy. anybody get a price off Arigna Coal direct for coal per tonne or per bag collected or delivered???

I buy my coal direct from Arigna. A 40kg bag of Ecobrite nuggets (for closed stoves) was €14.35 but the price was due to go up at the beginning of October. Their number, if you want to see how much it is now, is 071 9646107.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

the pet stop in the retail park has their fuel depot on the go again.....€10.99 for 40kg econo bag - not used it so don't know the quality, the also have all the usual products stocked ( briquettes,logs,kindling, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Connaught Gold in Achonry are selling Black Diamond for €12.50 per 40Kg bag, it's not smokeless though. They will also deliver, I usually get a big pallet delivered every winter. I have always found their coal prices to be a lot cheaper the sellers in Sligo.

have Connaught gold on the quay got simillar prices??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

sligono1 wrote: »
    have Connaught gold on the quay got simillar prices??

I'm certain they are slightly more expensive in Sligo. I even think the Connaught Gold in Tubbercurry is also slightly more expensive. It's a bit strange because they are part of the same group and should have uniform prices. You could always mention to them in Sligo, that the price is cheaper in Achonry (€12.50 40kg Polish). They might match it so it's worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jimmy2pens

I'm certain they are slightly more expensive in Sligo. I even think the Connaught Gold in Tubbercurry is also slightly more expensive. It's a bit strange because they are part of the same group and should have uniform prices. You could always mention to them in Sligo, that the price is cheaper in Achonry (€12.50 40kg Polish). They might match it so it's worth a try.

I queried them on a product in the past, I found out that each store buys stock independantly and each store doesn't purchase from the same supplier doesn't make much sense. I'm sure they could be more competive if they all bought their stock from the same supplier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

genie wrote: »
    I buy my coal direct from Arigna.

Forgive my misinterpretation here, but did you call to the depot yourself or did they deliver to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

mongoman wrote: »
    Forgive my misinterpretation here, but did you call to the depot yourself or did they deliver to you?

I go there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Old topic , same question.
    Bulk buy - delivered.
    Particularly looking for smokeless like anthracite or similar.
    Buying from North (like http://www.thedandys.ie ) tonne price comes cheaper but delivery price 60 euro per pallet is a bit steep IMHO

Advertisement