Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm looking for someone with the know how when it comes to lighting, who can get to Galway City with relative ease. We're making a 5 min short in a local bar and have 4 hours to shoot it.

Our previous lighting guy has been offered long term work outside of Galway and it clashes with our fixed date (the 25th of January) and hence why I'm posting so close to the shoot.

If you have the knowledge but no equipment fret not as we have a budget which I can discuss via PM. With regard a wage I must state everyone involved is working for free and the experience, including myself. However I will not rule out working something out, again via PM. I may be able to allocate a bit of the budget.

If anyone is interested please contact me and I can go into more details.

I think you'll enjoy the project in question.

Thanks,

Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I think we got ourselves a replacement.

Thanks though.

Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

we are looking to expand our promotion company and are looking for an open minded individual that thinks outside the box....

we run MMA (mixed martial arts) events in dublin...
    this fast paced live action,if you think you have what it takes pm me
    cheers,
    stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 davetheminogue

We're looking for a production assistant to assist us with episode two of 'Rent a Friend' for RTE Storyland 3 (should we get in).

We're based in Kilkenny and we will be shooting in Kilkenny in mid march.

You dont need to have a load of experience but knowledge of production is essential.

Get in touch if your interested

thanklessfilms@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

I'm looking to have a comedy set recorded live asap, limited finance available so may suit a student. The gig will be in the midlands so would probably suit somebody based in Laois/Offaly or surrounding areas. PM for more details if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I PM'd you about this two days ago but didn't get a reply. Did you find someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ste7en

Good morning,

Looking for extras to come down and help us out on a small low-budgeted short, shooting on Saturday 26th February.

The film is a zombie-wrestling extravaganza and we need numbers to make up the zombie hoarde that takes on our main character. Unfortunately there is no pay as we are a very low budget film. But it'll be a couple of hours dressing up as zombie and shuffling around being scary so it should be fun! We are shooting in Dublin 12.

If you are interested please e-mail me at deadevent1@gmail.com for all the details or message me on this forum.

Sorry about the short notice.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Wish to do that but I'm working til 9 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Perhaps try over in the zombie survival forum OP, I'm sure you'd get a bite from some of guys there :pac:

Zombie Survival Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bastion Pictures

Submissions open to residents of Ireland, the USA, Canada, and the UK.

Bastion Pictures is casting the 8 lead roles for 'Where The Treetops Glisten', in which a fierce reality-TV programming pitch meeting is orchestrated to be the setting of a violent and bloody murder scene, all in the name of entertainment.

Shortlisted talent will each audition from their chosen location, virtually (online), and must have access to the Internet, webcam, speakers and mic (built-in or external).

Please make your submission on the Casting page of the film's website at http://wherethetreetopsglisten.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bastion Pictures

A variety of actors needed for a series of promos.
    Shoot: one day, 15 or 16 March 2011

Note: All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
    Payment details: expenses paid
    PLEASE EMAIL frontdesk@bastionpictures.com with your details and headshot, to make a submission/application.

Dancing Man

Exuberant performer. Can duplicate James Brown ‘Good Foot’ moves.
    Sequence: Funky, furious and unsuitable dancing to a variety of tunes, in a variety of situations
    Males, aged 30 to 50
    Ethnicity:Black/ African

Murderer

Obviously threatening/dangerous build.
    Sequence: committing a variety of murders in silhouette.
    Males, aged 40 to 50 from Ireland
    Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Salesman

"Redneck" / cowboy / sleazy / slightly scary. Must be able to adopt convincing Nashville accent.
    Sequence: Salesman doing piece-to-camera selling CD, QVC-style
    Males, aged 30 to 50 from Ireland
    Languages spoken: English
    Accents spoken: USA Southern

Vox Pop Males

Must be able to improvise and play short bursts of dialogue. Must be willing and able to fall to the ground repeatedly (from standing position) without padding (e.g. enact death scene).
    Sequence: respond to various questions about violence in the media.
    Males, aged 16 to 60 from Ireland

Vox Pop Females

Must be able to improvise and play short bursts of dialogue. Must be willing and able to fall to the ground repeatedly (from standing position) without padding (e.g. enact death scene).
    Sequence: respond to various questions about violence in the media.
    Females, aged 16 to 60 from Ireland

Boy

Must be able to handle/fire (blanks) firearm - Professional armourer on set.
    Sequence: Abstract holding and firing shotgun.
    Males, aged 8 to 11 from Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where are you based?
    When are these shoots taking place?
    What are they for?

Sounds like you're looking for a lot of specific talent without any payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

What is FOLLOW ME?
    FOLLOW ME is an upcoming reality show which follows a person in their daily life. The person can be contacted via social networking sites by fans and viewers of the show.

The Job
    The successful applicant will be required to be available to film in Dublin city at least one day per week for up to 4 hours. (usually less). It will then be your job to send send the editor the video so that the video can be edited and broadcast.

Payment, etc.
    Unfortunately, as we, Hazy Entertainment, are only starting out in production we are unable to pay you. However, when money from our sponsors comes through (who we are negotiating with at the moment) you will then be paid. We will agree payment at a later date.

More
    We require a motivated, not necessarily experienced person who can work a camera (note: you will need your own camera) and can film proceedings without interfering with the scene.

More About the Show
    We are intending to have 1 episode of 30 minutes per week, for a series of 6 weeks, beginning in early April. The show will broadcast online and will be advertised on websites online such as Facebook, etc.

We hope you decide to help us and further both ours, and your career, and work with us in more than this project in the future.

Please send me a PM here if you are interested, thanks.

Please note: you DO NOT have to be a professional or have ''high-tech'' or ''top of the range'' camera, any camcorder will do!

emmetmcl wrote: »
    We will agree payment at a later date.

Translation: You will not be paid?

If you're negotiating with sponsors at the moment then surely you'll have that sorted by the time you start shooting in April and should know how much you can pay the cameraman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

So your company dont even have a camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

No need to worry folks (sarcastic). We have a cameraman.

emmetmcl wrote: »
    No need to worry folks (sarcastic). We have a cameraman.

Ah good. No need to answer awkward questions then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aifric31

Actors are required for a short drama being produced by the final year Creative Digital Media class of ITT Dublin.

Working Title: Time Orient

Roles required:

Main Roles:

Michelle - Early 20s, petite. Lead role in the production.

Alexander - Mid 20s - Early 30s. Average height.

Mr Time - Mid 20s - Early 30s. 5'10" and above.

Supplementary roles:

Man - Middle age

Lady - 20s, average height

Older Lady - 50-60 years old

Start date:
    Tuesday 22nd March to Friday 25th March 2011

This work is unpaid, but actors will receive credit for their work. This film is to be submitted to festivals around the country.

ITT Dublin provides insurance for this shoot.

If interested, please send CV with head shot and contact details to aifric@itnet.ie before Friday 18th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

Hello all!

Oulala Productions is shooting a promotional film next month and we have an opportunity for a student to assist and learn from the DP/cameraman on the project.

The filming will take place both indoors and outdoors, with a variety of shots and one trad music live recording.

The dates are 12th to 16th of April in various Meath locations and 25-26th April in Fairyhouse Racecourse for the Irish Grand National.

Own transport essential. No remuneration but some expenses will be taken care of.

If one of your students is interested in this opportunity, please let me know ASAP.

Many thanks,

Delphine Coudray
    Director
    oulalaprod@gmail.com

You say 'some expenses' - could you clarify which expenses you will be taking care of?

What level of experience does the student need to have?

Do you need this person to commit to the full 6 days of shooting?

• Advertisement

Hello AnonoBoy,

"Some Expenses" mean we would cover travel expenses (unless you need to take a plane to join us!) and we would ensure you don't go hungry nor thirsty while helping us out... not a five star meal every day, but definitly something edible.

As for the level of experience, we would like someone who is aware of what is involved in a typical film set-up, who has had the opportunity/interest to use a camera before. We assume that students who started at least last September would have the minimum required. The DOP is highly professional and willing to show you as much as possible while you give them a hand.

As this is not remunerated, we do not expect people to be able to commit to the full 6 days. However, the best for us would be to have maybe one assistant for at least 3 days, or maybe half-days. We will make a decision when we look at all the applicants and their availability.

I hope this answers your questions!

Delphine

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Actors & Actresses Wanted

We are Film Students of The Digital Skills Academy, Dublin 8 & we are looking for some volunteers to help us with our Film Projects this year.
    We are looking for a variety of people to fill the various roles for our 4 short movies. We are beginning filming on the week beginning 28th March 2011. And we will be filming usually between the hours of 8am & 1pm and in the Dublin area.

We are looking for the following;

Man 50- 60 years old
    Woman 50- 60 years old.
    Woman 40's
    Man 40's
    Man 30's to 40's
    Man early to mid 30's
    Woman early to mid 30's
    Girl 17-18 years old
    Young Girl (About 8 years old)- If any of the female actresses (mid 30's) has a daughter or niece etc. that has a similar look as themselves & they can bring them along- that would be great!

These are the main roles but we will also need a few extras on the day too.
    Although this is a non-paying role, it promises to be a great experience & lots of fun for everyone involved.
    We will only need you for a few hours in the morning for a few days over the next few weeks & everyone who volunteers will get a copy of a professionally shot & edited short- movie for their show reel.
    If you are interested, please email digi.media.casting@gmail.com for further information & times of auditions. We are planning to have the auditions on Friday 25th March, so if you are available, drop us your CV and details & we will get back to you.
    See you there!

Contact-email us at: digi.media.casting@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hi,
    I am looking for at least one camera operator (with own camera) to film a comedy show on the night of Monday April 4th in Dublin (city center).
    Ideally we would also like a sound recordist too (own gear preferred, but I can provide kit if need be).
    The show is due to start around 9. The improvers are due to finish up shortly after ten, so the crew are welcome to watch the other comedy acts afterward if they want. While we can't pay you, there's a pint in it for anyone who wants to help out.
    If anything, it will be a fun shoot.

PM me or email me for more details or to express interest.
    My email is:
    galvasean@hotmail.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Hi Im Jonathan and I'm looking for actor/actress for a short film set in the midlands.

Looking for a male and female lead, age range 18-25.

Other main role will be that of the lead girl's father. Age range 40's - 50's.

This is a amuter production, but I do have experience in making films before.

Please PM me or e-mail at fighting.spirit_fp@yahoo.ie for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

2 actors and 1 actress needed for a 15 minute short film.
    Actors required to be in their 20's.
    Filming will be taking place in Dundalk and will be from the 26th of April until 28th of April.
    All travel expenses will be paid for.
    If you're interested or have any questions PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 egoboo

Hi I'm looking to team up with a cameraman/editor who is experienced and capable of producing good quality video. I currently run a successful business in media and I would like to offer more services.

He/She must:

1 Have own video equipment
    2 Be fast worker
    3 Creative
    4 Have own transport

If anybody is interested in getting involved in a new business on a part time basis at first, please contact PM me
    Thanks,
    Greg

Hello all!

we urgently need the following for a short promotional film:

a group or family of 5 up to 8 people to pose as tourists. The scene is very simple: you stand in front of the Newgrange monument while one of you is taking a photograph of the scene.

Date: next Tuesday 12 April.
    Time: 9.15am to 11.15am (at the latest)

Transport from Navan can be arranged if you do not have your own vehicle. There is no remuneration but a compensation of €100 has been allocated to the group or family who wishes to take part.

Foreign groups would be a plus.

Please contact oulalaprod@gmail.com ASAP.

Many thanks!

Delphine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rockefeller

Hi. I’m looking for a producer for a short comedy video. The setup’s fairly simple; it’s a conversation between 2 characters in a single location. The actors are already lined up & I have funding that I hope will be enough.

If you’re interested please PM me for more info, or if anyone has any suggestions as to where might be a good place to look for a producer, I’d really appreciate it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Actors needed for a short film being shot in Dublin late May or early June, please see pdf for details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sandillica

Film being made by Production and Direction MA students of Huston Film School in Galway. Low budget, so only main roles will recieve compensation.

Advertisement