Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Yeeeesss!

One of his characters in Little Britain comes off as creepy. The Scottish B&B owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Oh God yes, David Walliams makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Nathan Carter is a good one. Solid singing voice, irritatingly catchy songs, decent looking chap, doing well for himself and all the best to him for it but I reflexively reach for the remote whenever he appears on screen.

Perhaps that is a good way to look at it. If someone appears on screen your automatic, instinctive reaction is to change the channel. A friend of mine absolutely loves QI, but he has never seen a single episode where Jo Brand has been a panellist.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Mary from Coronation St. The one who is/was Norris' love interest..? Or he was hers.. I don't know as I never watch it but when I see her I have to leave the room. And vom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ricky Gervais makes my skin crawl.

He has got involved in a load of touchy feely socio-political issues and comes across entirely unconvincing imo...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

branie2 wrote: »
    Yeeeesss!

One of his characters in Little Britain comes off as creepy. The Scottish B&B owner.

I mean he just looks creepy as his normal self. He has weird eyes and this way of smiling that comes across as sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

branie2 wrote: »
    Kevin Spacey

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Rory O Neill. Not because he's gay. Not because he's a drag queen. Not even because he's a prick. But it's the accent. Where the fook part of Mayo did that accent come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

"Oh oh oh oh
    Ain't nobody
    Loves me better
    Makes me happy
    Makes me feel this way
    Ain't nobody
    Loves me better than you"

Fack off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Tom Cruise.

Not even to do with his whole bizarro scientology affiliation. Just can't stand watching/listening to him in anything. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rita Ora.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Rita Ora.

Looks like she needs a good scrub or a bath. Same as Ke$ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

diomed wrote: »
    "Oh oh oh oh
    Ain't nobody
    Loves me better
    Makes me happy
    Makes me feel this way
    Ain't nobody
    Loves me better than you"

Fack off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

David Walliams. Something creepy about him.

My kid loves his books and has taken to listening to the audiobooks at bedtime..
    Creeps me out loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Omackeral wrote: »
    Looks like she needs a good scrub or a bath. Same as Ke$ha.

Oooooooh God, I'd love to give her a good scrubbing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Zoe Ball . Everything about her annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Tom Cruise.

Not even to do with his whole bizarro scientology affiliation. Just can't stand watching/listening to him in anything. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Same-I only like him when he's playing villains. At least he's genuine then.

Bethany Slater, her name is. She's got sisters, they're all good looking.

But that advert turns me off, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Tom Cruise. Angelina Jolie. Anybody with the Kardashian or Jenner surname. Anybody who stars on any scripted "reality" show - Love Island, Big Brother, X factor, any of those Real Housewives shows - and then turns themselves into a rent-a-celeb. Pat Phelan on Coronation Street. There's a woman in my local supermarket and everytime I see her, I feel anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Paris Hilton. She looks a bit sly or something.

Ages ago I posted about Liza Minnelli in here. I also inexplicably can't stand her mother, Judy Garland. I do like The Wizard of Oz though.

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise. Angelina Jolie. Anybody with the Kardashian or Jenner surname. Anybody who stars on any scripted "reality" show - Love Island, Big Brother, X factor, any of those Real Housewives shows - and then turns themselves into a rent-a-celeb. Pat Phelan on Coronation Street. There's a woman in my local supermarket and everytime I see her, I feel anger.

Pat Phelan aka Connor Mcintyre has that face, really.

But he's also a genuinely nice guy-seriously. And an artist.
    Even teaches.

https://twitter.com/connor9mcintyre?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

erica74 wrote:

With the possible exception of the woman in the supermarket, none of those are inexplicable, those people are all perfectly odious.

Paul Murphy. I hate his face, I think he unconsciously reminds me of Graham Dwyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Paul Murphy. I hate his face, I think he unconsciously reminds me of Graham Dwyer.

It’s the eyes. There’s no humanity in them.

It’s the eyes. There’s no humanity in them.

cgemail_paulmurphyarrest12jpg-js149733907-e1488836512239.jpg?strip=all&w=427&quality=100

Exam280315Dwyer_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-320900

And the insincere smirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Lewis Hamilton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Sadhbh from the McDonalds "Dreamy Leamy" ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dermot Bannon

I wouldn't let him within 10 miles of a house of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Aidan McGeady....shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Brendan o Carroll
    That Panty fella
    Gay Byrne
    Hugh Grant

Advertisement