Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

musical.x wrote: »
    I got my Real technique your eyes enhanced starter set this morning. Really pleased with them. Cost €15 in total. Same set was €28.99 in boots!

That is such a good price , was that including shipping? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

That is such a good price , was that including shipping? :eek:

It was indeed! I have a coupon code if you need it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I googled and found $5 off - so I can see how you did it, now I am wondering what the hell else I can nab on that site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I googled and found $5 off - so I can see how you did it, now I am wondering what the hell else I can nab on that site!

It's a great deal. Well worth looking around. the makeup section is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

does Rosehip Oil work for wrinkles/ under eye circles in anyones experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Got Vichy Dermablend powder today, hoping it's the business after reading great reviews!

Also got Catrice Prime & Fine primer.....

Has anyone used Clinique its all about the eyes range? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

does Rosehip Oil work for wrinkles/ under eye circles in anyones experience?

It kind of plumps up my frown lines on my forehead (I'm 20, but have had frown lines there for years). They're definitely less noticeable when I use Rosehip Oil.

Thanks for the answer! What kind of rose hip oil do you use? I've never heard of it before but definitely want to try it now.

Thanks for the answer! What kind of rose hip oil do you use? I've never heard of it before but definitely want to try it now.

A'kin. I have oily/combination skin and it sorts out the dry patches :) I don't use it every night because I get breakouts every other week so I switch it up between rosehip oil and La Roche Posay Duo (or matt moisturiser) for my night-time routine.

• Advertisement

I think I would have 'combination' skin too - sometimes dry sometimes oily. Lately I've got black circles and few lines under eyes. I was bit wary of using oil on my skin incase it breaks out but they are some good tips - thanks again!

I think I would have 'combination' skin too - sometimes dry sometimes oily. Lately I've got black circles and few lines under eyes. I was bit wary of using oil on my skin incase it breaks out but they are some good tips - thanks again!

The oil itself doesn't break me out at all, the A'kin one is 100% organic so there are no nasty ingredients in it. I just get my normal breakouts, and if anything my skin isn't as dehydrated because of it so that helps.

would like to try this A'kin one - Is this the one you use?:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=107666
    Do you put a few drops on cotton wool and dab around the face?
    Sorry for all the questions!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Has anyone used Clinique its all about the eyes range? Is it any good?
    I've used their All About Eyes eye cream (not the rich one, the other one) and its the best I've tried.

Currently out of it and am using a boot eye cucumber gel that's useless tbh, can't wait to get my Clinique again!

would like to try this A'kin one - Is this the one you use?:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=107666
    Do you put a few drops on cotton wool and dab around the face?
    Sorry for all the questions!!!

That's it! I just rub a few drops on my face at night. Using a cotton ball would probably waste a lot of the product. Sometimes it doesn't all soak into the skin so be aware that it might transfer to your pillow if you use more than 4 drops. You can use it by itself or under a moisturiser if you want.

cool. thanks. looking forward to trying it. hope it helps with circles under my eyes! feel like a panda lately :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've been using Benefit's "It's Potent" for about three months now and have noticed a reduction in dark circles. I wouldn't rate anything else in their skincare range (got a gift set with a few), but this does seem to be working, on me anyway. I only copped it was working when I noticed I was using less make up in the eye area, and I looked better in the work mirrors :p I work in a very harshly lit store with a bajillion mirrors so I see it allllllll!

It seems to get really crap reviews but I'm seeing the effects.

benefit-its-potent-eye-cream.jpg

do you know does it work on fine lines under the eyes too? or is it just for the brightening the dark circles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Bought some things that I really didn't need.

vq4qzc.jpg

Cocoa Brown Tan - I don't even wear fake tan but decided that I'd give this a try.
    Soap & Glory, Glad Hair Day Conditioner- It smelt nice
    Soap & Glory, Sit Tight - I honestly don't know what this is supposed to do but it looked intriguing.
    Soap & Glory, Sugar Crush Body Cream - Same as the conditioner, smelt nice.
    Thankfully with the 3 for 2 deal and my 10% student travelcard made things a little cheaper.

And two pairs of flats I bought in Penneys made it into the picture.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

do you know does it work on fine lines under the eyes too? or is it just for the brightening the dark circles?

For myself I've just noticed the dark circles fading. I've not much by way of lines yet (!) so wouldn't know, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

hi luno did u get the soap and glory sugar crush cream in boots? any time i've gone there i can never find it :(

Twee. wrote: »
    For myself I've just noticed the dark circles fading. I've not much by way of lines yet (!) so wouldn't know, sorry!

Thanks for the answer! I turned 30 recently and starting freaking out about lines and wrinkles! If I am tired I notice a couple of lines that I think are deeper than before. If anyone knows any good products for reducing this let me know.

I love Soap and Glory and their quirky product names. I thought 'Sit Tight' would be for somewhere in the nether regions :D but it seems to be for the whole body!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

bscm wrote: »
    A'kin. I have oily/combination skin and it sorts out the dry patches

What magic is this?? Must try some rosehip oil so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

Anyone got any good foundation recommendations? I have been using Bare Minerals for past few years and am so fed up with scrubbing the sink due to powder going everywhere. I have fairly dry skin and quite high colour so needs good coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Anyone got any good foundation recommendations? I have been using Bare Minerals for past few years and am so fed up with scrubbing the sink due to powder going everywhere. I have fairly dry skin and quite high colour so needs good coverage

No7 Stay Perfect is the best I've tried. It's about €20 in Boots and lasts ages.

It's got great coverage, and doesn't budge an inch. I put my make up on around 6am and take it off around 7pm and it still looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Seventeen primer, really nice , very similar to Smashbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

dorito92 wrote: »
    hi luno did u get the soap and glory sugar crush cream in boots? any time i've gone there i can never find it :(

Bought it in the Boots on Paul Street, Cork if that's any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Finally got the No7 Airbrush Away primer, if you have a no7 voucher from Boots you're not using, try this! I have dry skin but enormous pores and still get shine throughout the day and this tackled all three!

Also order Jurlique's Rose face powder from Beauty Bay, meant to be really good so will let you know my verdict!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

It's my mom's birthday tomorrow, and she's also going on holidays in 2 weeks, so I got her a few things to take with her.

Fruit of the Earth continuous spray SPF30
    http://static.ewg.org/reports/2012/sunscreen2012/images/300/442973.jpg
    ** EDIT ** Wrong pic, not the kids version

Fruit of the Earth crystal clear aloe gel:
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQppqJVe3kvaMXlGEdlZFDCKqOJ0GJ9cGkNYQdagP_XIgqgaNco

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze:
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWlo6mx2skMgQl47jrC-75zSKa4c8S_b_qvOZ_faMB4cFPTRex

Nivea sun protect lip balm:
    http://www.nivea.ie/-/media/NIVEA/en-IE/packshots/products-packshots/lip-care/sun%20protect/233_NLC_CS_SunProtect_png.ashx?mh=350&mw=260&reflection=1&reflectionHeight=50

And just a regular ol' tanning mit. At least it's stuff she needs and will use. :)

Advertisement